Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 12:03:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327421 Posts in 13406 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 82784 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: April 26, 2011, 10:34:55 AM »

I don't know about anyone else but I used the pistol a TON in me1/2.

I wonder what happens if
just about everyone died at the end of 2??

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2011, 10:42:41 AM »

I think I've read somewhere that only successful last mission can be imported to ME3.
Code:
How many people can you lose while still being successful?
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: April 26, 2011, 10:45:29 AM »

One thing they said and I'm not sure how I feel about it, is that every class can use every weapon in the game, but you can only carry two weapons with you at a time unless you're a Soldier (then you can carry all of them). It might be alright but I can't realistically see anyone bring a Pistol with them unless they buff the Pistol.
That really depends. If your class does not have the skills necessary to use certain weapons effectively (Sentinels, for example, can only use pistols and SMGs pre-upgrade), it makes more sense to bring in a pistol which you can use effectively than an assault rifle which you cannot. I mean, try using an assault rifle as a sentinel in ME1, it's impossible. Besides that, each class outside of Soldier has abilities that are weapons unto themselves (tech and biotics), which can be infinitely more effective than weapons - as an Adept you're pretty much never at a loss, offensive-wise, because even with no ammo left you can throw out shockwaves and singularities and wait out the cooldown timer. It pretty much depends on how they balance weapon usage among classes.

I assume that, like in ME2, there will be a mid-game upgrade that allows you to carry another weapon or upgrade one existing weapon type.

I think I've read somewhere that only successful last mission can be imported to ME3.
Code:
How many people can you lose while still being successful?
Technically, 10. Maybe 11.

Code:
You need the last two people to hoist you into the Normandy, and I've never had only one person in my party survive.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 26, 2011, 01:25:14 PM »

I forgot the main reason I posted in here... I was trying to figure out why I am not a rabid fan, yet 100% sure to buy ME3.  Is it because the gameplay is what is so great about these games, and there is little else to chew on when you aren't playing?
I suspect the reason is the same as all of us, because you've molded Shepard into your own character, with his/her own distinct personality and choices, and want to see how it all ends.

Yeah, many of us have already invested a lot into the game and now want to go through that last leg of the journey.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #154 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:52 PM »

One thing they said and I'm not sure how I feel about it, is that every class can use every weapon in the game, but you can only carry two weapons with you at a time unless you're a Soldier (then you can carry all of them). It might be alright but I can't realistically see anyone bring a Pistol with them unless they buff the Pistol.

A couple of the pistols in the second game were very powerful.  One or two shots to the head and the enemy was down, and it was more effective than me using a shotgun or sniper rifle at medium range.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 26, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »

Yeah, I actually used pistols quite a bit, they were fine in most situations.

I only invested in ME2, but at the same time got really invested there; spent about 57 hours including all the DLC and loyalty missions. I can only imagine how much those who played both games, are looking forward to ME3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Itches

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2011, 08:32:53 PM »

Don't get me wrong, I used the pistol a lot as well, but I feel that's more because I couldn't use other weapons effectively. If I could train in any weapons then odds are I wouldn't pick Pistol as one of my weapons, but that's just me. The impression I got from the article is that any class can use any weapon viably, although they never specifically said if there were class specific weapon skills you can train in like ME1 so that may still be around.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: May 04, 2011, 02:11:11 PM »

according to Bioware on FB ME3 is now being released in 2012 :(
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: May 04, 2011, 03:11:47 PM »

I think bioware just killed my 2011.Apart from the Dragon Age 2 disaster,this delay of Mass Effect 2 really killed it.

EA is about to find out what happens when you piss me off.

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: May 04, 2011, 03:15:39 PM »

A strongly worded youtube comment?

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »

I'm bummed... but I want them to get this shit right. As long as we're not talking last guardian or duke nukem delays I'm fine.

there's still so much in 2011 I'll be busy
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2011, 04:11:30 PM »

I think bioware just killed my 2011.Apart from the Dragon Age 2 disaster,this delay of Mass Effect 2 really killed it.

EA is about to find out what happens when you piss me off.

Half of the reason everyone was disappointed with Dragon Age 2 was the fact it was rushed. Do you REALLY want that to happen with ME3 just to play it this year?

Totally expected this to happen by the way.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2011, 04:22:41 PM »

There are too many great games this year anyway, 2012 needs some love. I don't think I have anything on my radar for the first trimester so I guess it's not bad.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »

Hopefully they're tweaking the hell out of Mako physics
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2011, 04:46:51 PM »

I'm bummed... but I want them to get this shit right. As long as we're not talking last guardian or duke nukem delays I'm fine.

there's still so much in 2011 I'll be busy
Exactly. I would have loved to have played it this year, but will happily wait a few extra months for an even better game. Plenty of other good games coming out to tide me over.
Now if Uncharted 3 gets delayed, too...

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: