Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:15:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327685 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 83160 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2011, 05:03:32 PM »

I'll probably still be playing summer games by the time Uncharted 3 is released. I don't know how long Catherine and Deus EX are but Dark Souls and Infamous 2 will be huge, then there's Resistance 3 in September... Fucking insane. I want to be done with these by the time U3 arrives.
Having ME3 and U3 releasing so close to each other wasn't really ideal for me, this works out great.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2011, 05:26:22 PM »

I dunno, 2011 is looking less and less awesome. Portal 2 and LA Noire are really the only ones I've been excited about. Is Zelda coming out this year?

2012 is going to be amazing. The Last Guardian, Bioshock Infinite, ME3, probably the beginning of the tripple-A 3DS titles, launch of the NGP. 2011 is going to be weak in comparison.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2011, 05:36:46 PM »

As a fan of Blizzard games, I'm happy that they take the time they need to.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2011, 05:38:03 PM »

I think bioware just killed my 2011.Apart from the Dragon Age 2 disaster,this delay of Mass Effect 2 really killed it.

EA is about to find out what happens when you piss me off.

Half of the reason everyone was disappointed with Dragon Age 2 was the fact it was rushed. Do you REALLY want that to happen with ME3 just to play it this year?
Definitely not. I'm actually pretty happy with the delay, it gives BioWare more time. And now I've got more time to find a way to play ME1... Then 2 again.

Among other games. Maybe.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2011, 05:38:45 PM »

I think bioware just killed my 2011.Apart from the Dragon Age 2 disaster,this delay of Mass Effect 2 really killed it.

EA is about to find out what happens when you piss me off.

Half of the reason everyone was disappointed with Dragon Age 2 was the fact it was rushed. Do you REALLY want that to happen with ME3 just to play it this year?

Totally expected this to happen by the way.

No no no Dragon Age 2 had poor execution of most of its ideas from the start.Having the entire story based on just Kirkwall was pure laziness from bioware's part.Add in the silly Rivalry/Romance system,unusual art direction,repetitive combat system and no amount of "polish" could save that mess.My guess is that bioware spreads out too much of their talent working on DLC.

I know Mass Effect 3 will be good since bioware hasn't said anything about "starting from scratch" with Mass Effect 3.Dragon Age 1 was fine as it was,there was no need to scrap it and start over,but bioware was insistent on tossing everything they did right in 2.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 05:40:40 PM by Lazlowe1984 » Logged

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2011, 06:27:36 PM »

I bet Mass Effect 3 was pushed back to make room for Star Wars: The Old Republic.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: May 04, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »

I bet Mass Effect 3 was pushed back to make room for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Funny you should mention that,Parn.

http://www.1up.com/news/star-wars-the-old-republic-could-slip-212

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: May 04, 2011, 06:45:47 PM »

Fuck my life.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: May 04, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »

No no no Dragon Age 2 had poor execution of most of its ideas from the start.Having the entire story based on just Kirkwall was pure laziness from bioware's part.

Come on, Dragon Age 2 definitely has its issues (like the constant reuse of the same maps and enemies spawning out of nowhere in a way that makes it impossible to have a coherent strategy), but this is probably my favorite aspect of the game.  Telling the tale of how a city changes over an extend period of time is something actually different and interesting.  DA:O, by comparison, was telling an incredibly generic man vs. obvious evil story.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: May 04, 2011, 08:49:04 PM »

Kirkwall in its entirety is larger than all the towns in the first game. The problem with Dragon Age 2 was in its repetitive and reused dungeon layouts, which unwittingly caused the battle system to suffer; instead of the thought out enemy placement in the first game, the enemies appear out of nowhere and most battles become a free for all instead of having to use your abilities intelligently.

The story was great, especially during the final conflict, where they tease you with a third option then promptly take it away, but the non-ending and year long spaces between acts makes the story feel disjointed.

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: May 04, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »

I was really not surprised by it being pushed at all. Not to mention the tons of big games already announced for the end of the year with yet more come, Eletronic Arts themselves have quite a bunch, including Battlefield 3 which they claim will bring down COD. While Mass Effect is great I'm not sure how it would do, at least on the first months if released so close to a lot of blockbusters.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 04, 2011, 10:18:44 PM »

I dunno, 2011 is looking less and less awesome. Portal 2 and LA Noire are really the only ones I've been excited about. Is Zelda coming out this year?

2012 is going to be amazing. The Last Guardian, Bioshock Infinite, ME3, probably the beginning of the tripple-A 3DS titles, launch of the NGP. 2011 is going to be weak in comparison.

This is why I avoid saying things like "2011 will be the best year ever!" and point out you won't really know until the dust has settled, some of the most promising game coming out may get delayed, or turn out to be crap, or you realize the year really is emptier than it seemed. At the same time I can't write it off yet, there's already been some REALLY strong releases and who knows what E3 will bring? Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Zelda will be out this year or made into a launch Project Cafe game. I'm hoping it's the former just because the Wii needs its own distinctive Zelda rather than a leftover from the GC.

No no no Dragon Age 2 had poor execution of most of its ideas from the start.Having the entire story based on just Kirkwall was pure laziness from bioware's part.Add in the silly Rivalry/Romance system,unusual art direction,repetitive combat system and no amount of "polish" could save that mess.My guess is that bioware spreads out too much of their talent working on DLC.

I know Mass Effect 3 will be good since bioware hasn't said anything about "starting from scratch" with Mass Effect 3.Dragon Age 1 was fine as it was,there was no need to scrap it and start over,but bioware was insistent on tossing everything they did right in 2.

While the development of the game was definitely dubious some of those choices are clearly due to thinking ahead for a game they can reasonably make and finish by early 2011. If they had another year or even two I imagine it would've taken place across the Free Marches, less focus on waves and filler quests to bolster length, etc. And reusing the same environments is clearly symptomatic of being rushed and making due with what they had, they outright stated it was that or a very short game. Think they should've just gone with a very short, but tightly designed, game.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 04, 2011, 11:08:07 PM »

I was really not surprised by it being pushed at all. Not to mention the tons of big games already announced for the end of the year with yet more come, Eletronic Arts themselves have quite a bunch, including Battlefield 3 which they claim will bring down COD. While Mass Effect is great I'm not sure how it would do, at least on the first months if released so close to a lot of blockbusters.

Whenever a game is touted as a (insertbigserieshere)-killer, it always fails to be one. Battlefield is one of the closest COD competitors, but I think that with 3 they're trying TOO hard to... well, compete. Claims like this and statements like 'we want to show that we can do what they can' - I wish they would just focus on making a good game instead, and not on the competition so much.

Besides, Call of Duty will die on its own when Activision runs it into the ground.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: May 05, 2011, 12:24:41 AM »

according to Bioware on FB ME3 is now being released in 2012 :(
Yay!  More time to get through Mass Effect 1 & 2!  Plus, that's one less distraction to watching the girlfriend play Skyrim.  :P

I still don't get all the hate towards Dragon Age 2.  I love the hell out of it, repetitive dungeons and all.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: May 05, 2011, 01:23:14 AM »

Oh fuck Krogan Husks!

http://kotaku.com/#!5798810/these-mass-effect-3-screenshots-arent-saving-the-human-race/gallery/3

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: