Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 10:45:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334708 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 88709 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 07, 2012, 08:52:59 PM »

What the fuck.

It's been pointed out, but GS employees can sell stuff that isn't even in their system yet. That's too suspicious.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: February 10, 2012, 12:18:13 PM »

Along with the host of trailers featured in the recent news on the main website, Bioware has finally unveiled the FemShep trailer. I'm sad that there even has to be a "FemShep trailer" and that she was featured in more trailers, but at least she has one. It was pretty decent too, showing off not only FemShep being badass, but some ME2 characters as well.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 10, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

Hale is fucking badass. I'm not one of those who play females just because I am one, but after two runs with FemShep it's really hard to play as MShep. That trailer was worth the wait. :)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: February 10, 2012, 12:58:44 PM »

Hale is fucking badass. I'm not one of those who play females just because I am one, but after two runs with FemShep it's really hard to play as MShep. That trailer was worth the wait. :)

I agree, Hale's performance is just amazing; she hits all the right notes. Meer's performance isn't bad, but compared to Hale's it comes off a bit stiff at times, especially in the 1st game. In the 2nd, he has a better range.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: February 10, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

I'm starting over with ME3 so I'm very tempted to create a femshep character. My male shep was pretty darn boring anyway. It might feel weird, though, after playing through the first 2 games as male. I'd feel like I was abandoning my buddy or something. I'll think on it.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: February 10, 2012, 03:51:47 PM »

I agree, Hale's performance is just amazing; she hits all the right notes. Meer's performance isn't bad, but compared to Hale's it comes off a bit stiff at times, especially in the 1st game. In the 2nd, he has a better range.
Odd, I had the opposite reaction to Hale, she sounds a bit robotic in many of her lines, while Meer sounded more menacing and strong.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 10, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »

I've listened to some MShep, and I find 'robotic' describes him for me quite a bit. They both have their weak points... and admittedly, I don't know what she sounds like as paragon FShep. I just know that I'm endlessly entertained by bitchy!Hale.

Oh yeah there were a couple of FShep screens too.

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1135.html

Honestly I'd use that look for the most part if I didn't already have an ME2 Shepard to import. Maybe make the hair more red like my current Shep, and the lipstick less dark and gothy.

The freckles can stay.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:50:59 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: February 10, 2012, 07:18:57 PM »

Nice trailer.

The hair texture looks way better than the melted plastic we got in 1 & 2! Now I just need to know if they fixed her walking animation...
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: February 10, 2012, 07:26:50 PM »

Odd, I had the opposite reaction to Hale, she sounds a bit robotic in many of her lines, while Meer sounded more menacing and strong.

I can kinda see where you're coming from...Paragon wise.  She does Renegade a lot better.  A lot.

Meer sounds like he should be selling beaver pelts or some shit.

Monsoon
Prinny Instructor

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #429 on: February 10, 2012, 09:51:46 PM »

I'm a big Jennifer Hale fan, mostly coming from Planescape: Torment and Grandia II.  I usually play male characters in these make-your-own-main games, but for Mass Effect 1 and 2 I'd say I've had more fun with FemShep. 

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: February 11, 2012, 12:37:17 AM »

Honestly, the little bit I've heard of Hale has not impressed me. Kinda just sounds like she's reading lines. I was expecting better, but I'd have to hear a lot more to properly judge.
I've never had a problem with male sheps voice. I thought the guy did a pretty good job, actually.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: February 11, 2012, 01:08:29 AM »

The freckles can stay.

[Sort of] my thoughts on offishal Fem-Shep

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: February 11, 2012, 03:07:36 AM »

Been in love with jennifer hale since her naomi hunter days in metal gear solid. She has a penchant for strong female roles, though her portrayl of jean grey in the newer wolverine and the xmen cartoon was a bit lacking. I blame how the character was written, but jean grey is normally a beast, however in this cartoon she was so weak, even as phoenix. Didn't show hale's flare for being the tough chick on campus. I'd marry that woman's voice nonetheless. She so sexy sounding.

...easy on the eyes too.

OhmygodohmygodohmygodnextweekdemoformasseffectthreeSQUEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 11, 2012, 04:04:45 PM »

Played the early access demo. Twice. Good stuff. Won't get into details (no multiplayer at this point) since it's out for everybody soon.

As for Shepard's voices, I actually did try male Shep in the demo too. Played with character creation for both genders a lot. Meer sounded better/more tolerable than I'd ever heard him, I imagine you'd have to hear more than just a few lines from FemShep too. And I remember people saying he had improved from ME1 to ME2.

(Then I played demo male Shep as a Sentinel and died in ten minutes.)

Then again, I agree with the others in that Hale is probably better off as a tough character than not. Some of my favourite not-necessarily-renegade moments from her come from when she's talking to Saren, Soverign and Harbinger (the latter in Arrival).

Here, have a tangentially-related fan trailer I found not too long ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhAHc7PF80

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: February 12, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »

I'm feeling OST of the year with this game's soundtrack.  You can hear quite a bit of Mass Effect 1 in the song below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cdZqaf-e6Y
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: