Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 03:19:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327344 Posts in 13403 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 82702 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #480 on: February 18, 2012, 10:01:54 AM »

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 20, 2012, 01:10:46 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/1159.html

Multiplayer is still fun.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #482 on: February 20, 2012, 01:32:59 AM »

None of my friends are into ME... which confounds me to the utmost.

So I'm counting on RPGFan for my multiplayer haps
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: February 20, 2012, 01:50:24 AM »

The new trailer was pretty good, but my minor nitpick is that they decided to show Ashley of all people. Not that I don't like Ashley, but it should have been Liara, considering:

(Not sure if these even count as spoilers anymore, but spoilers for ME and ME2)

Code:
All your other squadmates can potentially die, except Liara. I mean, she's technically the most permanent of all the Squadmates.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: February 20, 2012, 01:59:20 AM »

What i don't like about ME3 and maybe it will be explained, is that all the reapers look alike. I thought they were supposed to represent the race that was assimilated / conquered?
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: February 20, 2012, 02:20:48 AM »

But *have* we seen all the Reapers? I know the Collectors aren't exactly Reapers, but they're
Code:
Protheans.
(hey, if we're going to spoiler-tag Liara, I'm spoiler-tagging ME2 haps.). Plus, there's that thing for a final boss at the end of ME2. That don't look like other Reapers.

Yeah, Ashley was an interesting choice. Maybe they just wanted a playable female in there? But if there's going to be an extended trailer, will we see other characters?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: February 20, 2012, 02:29:17 AM »

I'm just saying from the trailers and new game footage all the reapers look the same.

*shruglife*
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: February 20, 2012, 02:39:35 AM »

I was under the impression Reapers assume the general shape of the last race they turned into techno-orgnic slurry and fed into a Reaper, so all the Reapers look squid like, much like how all humans are humanoid despite having a wide range of heights, weights, races, etc.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 20, 2012, 03:26:18 AM »

I was under the impression Reapers assume the general shape of the last race they turned into techno-orgnic slurry and fed into a Reaper, so all the Reapers look squid like, much like how all humans are humanoid despite having a wide range of heights, weights, races, etc.

If the Reapers are composed of multiple species that went through that process though then the squid thing may well be a shell they're placed into. Not unless humanity was the ONLY species they saw worthy of "uplifting".

Anyways, time for slight topic change.
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #489 on: February 20, 2012, 10:45:40 AM »

If the Reapers are composed of multiple species that went through that process though then the squid thing may well be a shell they're placed into. Not unless humanity was the ONLY species they saw worthy of "uplifting".

Anyways, time for slight topic change.

I like the idea that the squid looking ship is the shell. Because the boss of ME2 was kinda small compared to the rest of them.
Code:
If I remember correctly, EDI mentioned that there might have been problems when processing the prothean and thats why they made them into the collectors and not a reaper model
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:10 PM »

The thing that impressed me with Mass Effect in general, was that they managed to do something no other game I can think of managed to do before. It put a personality in the empty puppet that is your in game avatar. Shepard actually feels like a legitimate character, despite his or her actions and appearance being completely determined by the player. I actually forgot that Shepard can look or act any other way. Now that's impressive.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 03:00:53 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: February 22, 2012, 04:16:03 AM »

I actually forgot that Shepard can look or act any other way. Now that's impressive.
I totally know what you mean by this! It was actually really, really weird to see the default Shepard with that voice and not my Shepard's face instead. I was like, "Hey! That's not Gregory Shepard!" cause it ain't!
Also, to further the "I know what you mean" of all that, it was drastically different jumping into Dragon Age for that reason as well, because your hero, even though it's you, is more of a shell - you make all the same Shepard-ly choices, but there's not character really behind it unless you feel like voice-acting it all aloud, which I've been known to do but not when I'm playing a female dwarven rogue...

@Yoda and kyuusai - Multiplayer is pretty rad and awesome - my buddy and I have been rockin' the demo for all its worth. I'll happily jam with ya', Yoda!

Anyways, this game looks like it'll be a promising finale to the series, and I do really like what they're showing already for the multiplayer. It'll be a good time to run amuck with my Krogan with my friends.

Oh, amusing anecdote: I first jumped into the demo with my bud a few days ago, and he was like, "Go check the shop because you get a free kit with random stuff in it!" which I promptly did and one of my goodies was a level 3 Krogan Soldier. Rock on. My buddy, however, not so thrilled, since he'd been playing for a few days now, spent some money on the $5k pack and still hadn't managed to unlock a new race haha! Then yesterday, another of his friends joined us and in his recruit pack, what does he find? An Asari of somesort. You can only imagine my friend's good-natured frustration and cussing of our names. The End.

Just Greg, thanks.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 22, 2012, 01:07:25 PM »

Somehow they put some DLC on XBL two bloody weeks early.

If you don't want to get spoiled don't read the description. Although I think this spoiler is also in the artbook.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: February 22, 2012, 01:12:56 PM »

I actually forgot that Shepard can look or act any other way. Now that's impressive.
I totally know what you mean by this! It was actually really, really weird to see the default Shepard with that voice and not my Shepard's face instead. I was like, "Hey! That's not Gregory Shepard!" cause it ain't!
Also, to further the "I know what you mean" of all that, it was drastically different jumping into Dragon Age for that reason as well, because your hero, even though it's you, is more of a shell - you make all the same Shepard-ly choices, but there's not character really behind it unless you feel like voice-acting it all aloud, which I've been known to do but not when I'm playing a female dwarven rogue...

@Yoda and kyuusai - Multiplayer is pretty rad and awesome - my buddy and I have been rockin' the demo for all its worth. I'll happily jam with ya', Yoda!

Anyways, this game looks like it'll be a promising finale to the series, and I do really like what they're showing already for the multiplayer. It'll be a good time to run amuck with my Krogan with my friends.

Oh, amusing anecdote: I first jumped into the demo with my bud a few days ago, and he was like, "Go check the shop because you get a free kit with random stuff in it!" which I promptly did and one of my goodies was a level 3 Krogan Soldier. Rock on. My buddy, however, not so thrilled, since he'd been playing for a few days now, spent some money on the $5k pack and still hadn't managed to unlock a new race haha! Then yesterday, another of his friends joined us and in his recruit pack, what does he find? An Asari of somesort. You can only imagine my friend's good-natured frustration and cussing of our names. The End.
Tell your friend to stop wasting money on the Recruit Pack and buy Veteran Packs.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #494 on: February 22, 2012, 01:13:16 PM »

It's taking me every bit of strength to avoid looking at ME3's chapter in that artbook.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: