Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:41:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319076 Posts in 13032 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 78173 times)
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: February 22, 2012, 01:13:50 PM »

Same here, that's why I haven't opened it.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 22, 2012, 01:18:51 PM »

I ordered the artbook. The plan was to send it to my parents so I couldn't look at it until I visited them. Ended up sending it to myself. I'm going to have to stay the hell away, at least from the ME3 chapter.

And - yeah really. Don't bother with recruit packs. It's easy to save your credits and get veteran ones. I've bought like 5-6 but only unlocked one other character. Damnit.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:41 PM »

Am I the only one thinking that what Bioware did to the DLC character is a complete dick move? When I first read about the leaked CE contents, I thought he would also be available to everyone who purchased the game new, no matter which edition. Seems I was completely wrong.

Now they want people to pay $10 for a character that was perfectly well integrated into the plot? I had the game spoiled a month ago and decided to check the leaked and script and, well, he was there like any other squadmate. Bioware just cut him off.

Not to mention the importance of such character being reduced to DLC. Holy shit.
Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: February 22, 2012, 03:02:20 PM »

Am I the only one thinking that what Bioware did to the DLC character is a complete dick move?

Don't you just love it when those zany guys EA acquire a new developer? They start to brainstorm and hilarity ensues! I really think they should take it a step further next time. Why remove just a character? Take out the entire middle of the game. Want to see the end of the game? But the DLC! Now that's good business!

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: February 22, 2012, 03:07:10 PM »

I know which squad member you're talking about, I think, but I haven't played the game yet, so I'll refrain from making any judgements until I do; if his is as integrated as it seems... wtf, EA.

Maxximum

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: February 22, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »

I know which squad member you're talking about, I think, but I haven't played the game yet, so I'll refrain from making any judgements until I do; if his is as integrated as it seems... wtf, EA.

Its Shepard

NOW PLAYING:                                         IMPRESSIONS:
Natural Selection2:                                         RTS/FPS hybrid that I just cant seem to get bored of.
Hearthstone:                                                 I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: February 22, 2012, 08:14:12 PM »

I'm pissed at that, though I always intended to nab the CE anyway. The worst part of it is that it won't stop anyone from buying it as dlc. I look forward to this game, but dick move bioware. For shame.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: February 22, 2012, 08:19:12 PM »

Its Shepard

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 22, 2012, 08:33:36 PM »

It's Shepard's paragon/renegade/opposite sex twin, which ever morality you didn't play.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: February 22, 2012, 11:33:59 PM »

Tell your friend to stop wasting money on the Recruit Pack and buy Veteran Packs.

I think he's finally discovered that, but even still, he's only getting exp. boosts to the humans he's already got. I've only gotten two of those too from my own...

Just Greg, thanks.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: February 22, 2012, 11:38:39 PM »

New characters are Ultra Rare, so it's incredibly difficult to find one; I only unlocked the Salarian Infiltrator myself.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: February 23, 2012, 12:17:10 AM »

I for one am gonna take them at their statement that the content was made after the game was finished and shipped to certification.  If not..oh well, the only way they stop is if people stop buying the content.  Frankly ive become so tired with all this dlc bickering, so ive just decided to buy what I feel like, and if that makes me some corporate tool oh well.  I could tell them for shame, but if they are doing this, then they obviously no longer care, or EA has consumed their souls and they have no choice in the matter anyways.  Considering that the gaming community is one of the more.."vocal" out there, I doubt any more amount of ranting is gonna make them change their mind.  Then again I laugh because alot of these people will end up buying it anyways, swallowing their pride, after they swore they would never even buy another bioware game after DA2.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Perigryn
Infrequent, but still here.

Sleepy Chrono is sleepy.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: February 23, 2012, 01:30:50 AM »

alot of these people will end up buying it anyways, swallowing their pride, after they swore they would never even buy another bioware game after DA2.

Wait, they made Dragon Age 2!? Eff this...

*leaves, slams door behind him*

lawl.

Just Greg, thanks.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #508 on: February 23, 2012, 02:18:47 AM »

I'm genuinely pleased with the multiplayer. Before I tried it my opinion ran the gambit between "awww hell naw" to "if it's good I'll play it."

The first thing I really noticed is: it's no cakewalk. Enemies are very aggressive and come at you with pretty much equal health and equipment. The level up and upgrade mechanics are fun. The actual control is sweet, though it seems like the heavy melee misses when it shouldn't.

I like the "store" and the difficulty a lot. I played with one other player and getting anywhere felt like a achievement in itself. One tactic that I noticed that seems to work is to keep moving, that way you don't get swarmed.

The variety of enemies is great, from what I saw and I only made it to level 5 ;)

It'll be interesting to see exactly how this all affects the campaign.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: February 23, 2012, 02:21:07 AM »

Perfecting the human vanguard. BE AFRAID.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: