Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 12:12:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329372 Posts in 13492 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 84516 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #735 on: March 15, 2012, 01:10:08 PM »

My point rxactly draak. A 17 year old game had more story content and didn't need all the fancy dlc. Granted...it wasn't an option but still. It's like companies just decided that because the option is viable, they have to use it now, and since it takes more time to make content after the game is done they should get more money.

TASTY!
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 15, 2012, 01:13:26 PM »

Well... they are in it to make money, and DLC is a proven winner for bottom lines. As much complaining folks do about it, it gets purchased in huge quantities.

Not saying I disagree with you in any way, just that DLC is not going away anytime soon. The audience has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt it will pay for it - unless that changed in a huge way, I expect the trend will be far MORE DLC, not less.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 15, 2012, 01:25:55 PM »

Now we know how multiplayer was introduced to ME3.

Don't have a problem with that really, in a sense it's just bundling a separate game for free with one I would've gotten anyway. Don't like how they DID add an additional ending scene for those who played co-op extensively though, but the scene's minor and it's more a problem out of principle (don't say we can get everything single player only to hide it requires NG+ to do so... And that it goes beyond how much you could fill up the bar that IMPLIES you're good to go for seeing everything.)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #738 on: March 15, 2012, 09:00:32 PM »

Code:
Cosmic energies have more than just those attributes though, some are harmless or have no effect on organic physiology but can fry electronics, while others just blow stuff up. I assume the type of energy wave caused is tuned by the Crucible itself which can cause the network to do one of multiple things.

Like I said, conceptually sound but the execution was shitty as hell. I'm more disappointed that BioWare tore attention away from the philosophical and artistic implications of the final reveal and choice by including a crappily-executed ending than I am with the ending itself. It's not the ending I would've written, but it IS very thought provoking if you get past the stupid color explosions bullshit.

Also on the FTL thing: this is true, but like I said, there's no telling that they can't rebuild stuff on both ends fast enough to get some people out of the Sol system. There are multiple ways for the fleets to not have to stay in the Sol system.

Code:
Its established however that no ship has the fuel capacity to go beyond two systems. As well, Helium-5 is rare enough that less than 30% of the galaxy could be traversed by all the races combined given the fuel supply. The estimate by ME standards is that it would take several thousand years to construct enough fuel yards and refine enough helium-5 (if at all possible) to cover the galaxy. It would reduce Salarian society to rubble just by the loss of infrastructure, and the Quarians would be wholly unable to sustain their diaspora, considering how many we're probably on pilgrimage during those events.

In short: ME violates it's own rules with its ending if we want it to make sense.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #739 on: March 16, 2012, 05:27:21 AM »

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #740 on: March 16, 2012, 06:45:06 AM »

Code:
Cosmic energies have more than just those attributes though, some are harmless or have no effect on organic physiology but can fry electronics, while others just blow stuff up. I assume the type of energy wave caused is tuned by the Crucible itself which can cause the network to do one of multiple things.

Like I said, conceptually sound but the execution was shitty as hell. I'm more disappointed that BioWare tore attention away from the philosophical and artistic implications of the final reveal and choice by including a crappily-executed ending than I am with the ending itself. It's not the ending I would've written, but it IS very thought provoking if you get past the stupid color explosions bullshit.

Also on the FTL thing: this is true, but like I said, there's no telling that they can't rebuild stuff on both ends fast enough to get some people out of the Sol system. There are multiple ways for the fleets to not have to stay in the Sol system.

Code:
Its established however that no ship has the fuel capacity to go beyond two systems. As well, Helium-5 is rare enough that less than 30% of the galaxy could be traversed by all the races combined given the fuel supply. The estimate by ME standards is that it would take several thousand years to construct enough fuel yards and refine enough helium-5 (if at all possible) to cover the galaxy. It would reduce Salarian society to rubble just by the loss of infrastructure, and the Quarians would be wholly unable to sustain their diaspora, considering how many we're probably on pilgrimage during those events.

In short: ME violates it's own rules with its ending if we want it to make sense.

I agree.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
PotRoast

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #741 on: March 16, 2012, 08:10:00 AM »

So having not played ME2 or ME3 (didn't like the first, so I don't plan on it), what's the deal with trolling some ME fans by comparing it to Gurren Lagann? (the rest of seem to think this is awesome or do not care)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 16, 2012, 08:36:46 AM »

Because
Code:
the motivation of the Reapers makes them like a retarded version of the Anti-Spirals. Anti-Spirals sought to eliminate and/or oppress spiral lifeforms so they don't grow to the point of invoking the spiral nemesis and imploding the universe. The Reapers keep wiping out organic races and turning at least some of them into Reapers... to prevent them from creating an advanced synthetic race that would eliminate all organic life period. It'd make more sense if it WERE closer to the Anti-Spirals, that they keep wiping out advanced races so as to keep them from completely dominating the galaxy, draining resources, and prohibiting other races from ever rising. You actually see some examples where they could already be cemented as a valid reason, the Krogan reproduce/mature quickly, live extraordinarily long lives, and are absurdly resilient so they seriously could've dominated the galaxy had it not been for the genophage, and you also had the Protheans who we discover subjected and enslaved other races all the time, allowing no one else to reach their heights unless they successfully rebelled and overthrew them.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #743 on: March 16, 2012, 02:48:43 PM »

Considering the alternative, there are worse things to be compared to than Gurren Lagann. Like Evangelion. At least Gurren Lagann is badass, Evangelion is an insult.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #744 on: March 16, 2012, 03:23:00 PM »

So hey, when would be a good time for us all to get on for multiplayer? I'm about to take care of some errands, but after that I believe I'm free, though I'm waiting for a few buds to reply to a movie invite. Saturday is open for me too, so I'll be bouncing around between mass effect and killing jihl nabaat in ffxiii-2 for the day.

Eagerly awaiting putting down some enemy forces with my level 19 soldier.

TASTY!
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #745 on: March 16, 2012, 03:28:53 PM »

This weekend is good.  Everyone play silver or higher vs Reapers.  CHANCE FOR AWESOME STUFF.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #746 on: March 16, 2012, 03:31:02 PM »

I'm down for this weekend myself. My Krogan demands blood.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #747 on: March 16, 2012, 03:43:54 PM »

Glad I chose laundry and grocery shopping today then.

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 16, 2012, 04:59:22 PM »

This weekend works for me! Sorry I didn't get back to anyone last night, I was in a full lobby with friends all night. Got my human vanguard to level 14 though and galactic readiness to 84%, successful night. Still haven't unlocked any other races.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #749 on: March 16, 2012, 05:04:40 PM »

See, I'm half (HALF) tempted to nab some xbl points for the from ashes dlc and the blow the rest on spectre packs to up my multiplayer stuff. I only played mp for like a day and a half, and haven't really gotten much done for it.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: