Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 09:34:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331460 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 86425 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 28, 2012, 07:25:19 PM »

Garrus and Tali making out was hilarious. I have to admit. Although. How the fuck do you make out with that damn helmet/mask thing on?! At least drunk!Tali explained herself. EMERGENCY INDUCTION PORT.

Peri - even if Yoda's being lame, I'll be around later. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #856 on: March 28, 2012, 07:52:20 PM »

I'll be on tonight as well, though before 3am is preferred. Been up since 4, long series of meetings across manhattan.

6 classes, all level 20, turian sentinel is the shit.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #857 on: March 29, 2012, 03:29:18 PM »

So I guess the image for Tali's face is just a sloppy shop job of a stock photo.
Spoiler link
http://www.gamebandits.com/news/mass-effect-3-spoiler-stock-photo-used-for-tali-de-masking-36529/

Now I agree that the look of the woman sort of fits what I'd imagined her to be on a level, but man is that an ugly job they did on that photo. They just warped the eyes a bit, deleted a finger, and added some node looking things on her neck. Now I didn't expect everyone to agree w/ how she looks or how they revealed her face, and I love the way they did it, but when there's more convincing fan art out there that took it more seriously... that's a bummer.

In fact I'm more bummed out by this than anything to do w/ the ending.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 29, 2012, 03:54:04 PM »

It's stuff like this that'll get to me longer. It's seriously one of the most half assed ways to deal with revealing something like this, only way this could've been worse (albeit more hilarious) if they revealed the mask under her mask REALLY IS HER FACE.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #859 on: March 29, 2012, 06:57:08 PM »

I think the fact that it's only a photo and not an in game representation of her and of all quarians is what really chaffs mine and most other fans' asses. Seeing a photo like that only shows that there is something that we all wanted to see, but bioware, or maybe EA, didn't care to actually put that into the game. It ends being that the entire race will always be a masked group of unknowns, with one photo of a hot chick to "reassure" us. It's like if darth vader never took his helmet off in the star wars flicks, or if you never find out who the psycho was in scream and its' sequels. Add onto that the fact that there will be no more direct mass effect sequel, maybe some spin off or dlc stuff, and the fanbase has little chance of our undying urge to see the quarians unmasked happen.

Of course, when I say quarians, I mean a full shot of tali' zorah unmaksked.

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #860 on: March 29, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »

The Darth Vader argument really doesn't help, IMHO, since that movie was god awful and having Darth look like uncle fester was a big error. Sure his body was dependent on life support...still looked stupid.

I'll defend the manner in which they revealed Tali since i think it was a touching and emotional method. They could've just showed her whole head on her planet but this way seems to be a bit more artistic. In my personal life I value little tokens like pictures and what have you. Plus I like the idea of looking at that pic one last time before I face reaper Armageddon.

If they could've pulled off a more direct way like you wanted I'd be happy too, but as it stands I like what came of it. I'm just not happy they basically did a 10 min shop job on one of my trusted traveling companions whom with I spend well over 100 hours with in 3 different games.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #861 on: March 30, 2012, 03:07:14 AM »

Ran some gold multiplayer runs tonight with a group of pals. We took the bitch route though, cerberus on firebase white. I didn't think I would have that much fun honestly, considering wave 11 was basically phantoms, atlas mechs, and combat engineers, but me on my turian sentinel and my friends on asari and drell adepts. Can you say biotic explosions?

TASTY!
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #862 on: March 30, 2012, 07:10:34 AM »

have you beat any gold levels yet?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #863 on: March 30, 2012, 11:57:57 AM »

have you beat any gold levels yet?
Yeah, we beat both runs last night, second one with a full extraction to boot. The first one...lol, I got downed with one second left on the extraction timer.

TASTY!
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #864 on: April 02, 2012, 01:59:20 AM »

So i promoted all sixe classes on friday, and played just enough to get sentinel back to 20. Haven't played really since outside of 2 hours today. Pretty sure we cleared the 150k promotions required for victory packs, so hooray for that.

Wonder what next weekend will be? I personally am hoping for a double credits weekend.

TASTY!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #865 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:58 PM »

Is anyone else really terrible at the multiplayer? I tried it for the first time (on PC, so I won't be able to join you Xbox folks) tonight, and I seem to be totally out of my depth, I get the occasional kill but everyone else seems to buzz around at super-speed and kill almost everything before I can even take aim. It's surprisingly fun though, I've survived a few maps and the random players are generally quick to revive me when I inevitably get taken down, and they tend to stick together.

I don't suppose it helps that this is the first time I've played online multiplayer since Half Life briefly in 1999, and I'm not exactly great at the single player either.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:54:08 PM by DPB » Logged
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #866 on: April 03, 2012, 11:07:08 PM »

COnsidering you JUST started, you're gonna feel like a chump until you upgrade some abilities with your levels.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #867 on: April 04, 2012, 01:02:10 AM »

No equipment, no levels, and no experience dealing with the significantly higher powered mp enemies will make you feel sort of outclassed. I recommend leveling up a heavier power using class like sentinel or engineer, something not so weapon dependant. Get a few levels, and you should have no problens dropping bronze mobs with ease. Once you upgrade a few weapons, you can play with different classes where your lack of skill can be compensated with a good weapon. Great guns to play with are the carnifex (arguably the best gun for power heavy classes), the widow and black widow, the geth shotgun, and if you ever obtain it the saber. When it comes to multiplayer, powers become very mandatory, so try to always keep your weight low for the recharge boost.

Alot of people argue what is a better way to spend credits. I personally say avoid veteran packs, spectre packs are far more efficient ways to burn credits, especially since you will generally get at least one uncommon (silver) item and a guaranteed rare (gold) item as well, not to mention 5 of a random consumable item like rockets or medi gels, and generally one level three bonus mission item like ammo or rail amps. If you feel like you're missing out on items, I'd tell you to burn out some credits on recruit packs. You'd be surprised how effective a max level predator or mantis can be at times.

Also, tomorrow you get a victory pack for our success over the weekend promotional event, so you may score something nice there.

TASTY!
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #868 on: April 04, 2012, 01:15:30 AM »

It's stuff like this that'll get to me longer. It's seriously one of the most half assed ways to deal with revealing something like this, only way this could've been worse (albeit more hilarious) if they revealed the mask under her mask REALLY IS HER FACE.

In general, ME3 was a huge downgrade from ME2. I played both beside each other and I'm watching the wife replay all three now. Just in general, ME3's storytelling is worse, its graphics are actually overall worse except the environments (holy shit did character models get a downgrade besides Shep), animations are worse, questing is worse, etc etc etc. There are basically only three major improvements in ME3: Upgrading weapons using the bench, the non-stereotype gay option, and the melee controls. Pretty much everything else is worse.

Heck, even the planetary exploration is worse. They kept the WORST aspect: Fuel consumption, and stripped the rest of it bare. There isn't even an option to actually combat Reapers or use evasive maneuvers beyond "GTFO system". No meaningful ship upgrades, a huge reduction in cast to the bare essentials, VERY poor conversation pieces (no cut-to-dialogue-and-expression, just dialogue and flapping mouths makes for VERY awkward quest results), and a general visual downgrade...? Easily the weakest of the trilogy.

The ending, even if it is justified, is hardly the weakest note. It's definitely the one that leaves you with the biggest hole in your stomach because it lacks true, meaningful closure, but it's not the worst thing the game does. Now don't get me wrong, the game is still good, it's just not as good as its companions, and that really stings considering it had the most to build on. Phoned-in crap like Tali's face is just icing on the cake.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #869 on: April 04, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »

Anybody read about Jessica Chobot and her comments on twitter? She talks some shit about entitled gamers (wtf is with this word entitled all of a sudden?), and gets a shitstorm of backlash about it, and then apologizes. What a lame bitch. She should have stayed out of the game to begin with, considering she's just eye candy (not even attractive eye candy). What did she think people were gonna think of her in the game when her entire point was to have a quicky with shepard? Then she wants to bitch about how gamers have opinions about games, and then all of a sudden we're entitled? She really needs to get the fuck out of video games. She's as useful as a fox news report.

I really fucking hate Chobot.

TASTY!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: