Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 07:03:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327633 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 83097 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 04, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »

Yeah, her character model is completely awful, but she didn't really seem to look bad in more recent stuff I saw of her. And using entitled so much reminds me of a Kids in the Hall skit.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #886 on: April 04, 2012, 04:07:56 AM »

Hell I thought Allers was pretty decent looking compared to Chobot, which is funny because I fi.d miranda terrible looking whilst Yvonne Strahovski is what I dream alll women look like in heaven. Idk if she is an actual game fan, but her lame scripted videos on xbox seem so...forced. She reminds me of Kristen Holt from G4TV. You always had that feeling that she truly hated being nerd bait and hated video games even more, so much feigned enthusiasm. I dunno maybe I'm reading into it too much, but there are many better options than Jessica Chobot oit there in my opinion.

As for this abuse of the word "entitled", it's driving me nuts. 21 fucking years playing video games, and at least 7 of them actively on the internet and following gaming news and such, never did this word appear. All of a sudden, people take a stand about something in a video game and this word appears like a fucking plague. Last time I really looked into it, customer satisfaction was something companies strived for. If you look around a wee bit, customers are far from satisfied, maybe it's not COMPLETELY their fault, hmm? Spoiled, maybe, retarded, sure, but entitled is not a word I'd use to describe gamers

So what'd you guys get in your commendation packs? Also, I hate typing on my phone sometimes...

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 04, 2012, 04:44:24 AM »

Miranda's genetics also mean she's perfectly symmetrical, which comes off as unnatural and creepy. As it should.

Aside from her general daftness (and creepiness - she's going to romance herself? I think we call that narcissism), what bothers me the most is she's a game journo. Who previewed ME3 a week or two for G4 before it was announced she's in the game. Conflict of interest much? On top of that, she couldn't act. At least Felicia Day is an actor and her character was ...I presume more useful (see DA2, assassin DLC).

I didn't play this weekend, so, nothing. Ha. Instead I was wasting time on single player and watching my internet crap out. I'm at the end for the second time.
Code:
Halfway through London and saying goodbyes. This part is painful, especially with your LI. JHale sounded like she was going to cry when talking to romanced!Garrus. D: ARE THEY ALL LIKE THIS?! And now I don't even know if I want to finish the game after that.

/weepy female :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #888 on: April 04, 2012, 12:53:04 PM »

So has any word been given regarding some final fantasy crossover stuff to mass effect? Hell, what about different scenarios in multiplayer? I like the mp and all, but you can only fight reapers on firebase dagger so many times before it gets old.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #889 on: April 04, 2012, 01:14:54 PM »

The MP is fun but I don't think they thought it'd be something w/ the staying power of Reach or something. I probably put a good 15 hours or so into it and had a ton of fun. I'd like to beat all the gold levels but I doubt I'll put in the hours to get creds to get better gear, etc.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #890 on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:01 PM »

The MP is fun but I don't think they thought it'd be something w/ the staying power of Reach or something. I probably put a good 15 hours or so into it and had a ton of fun. I'd like to beat all the gold levels but I doubt I'll put in the hours to get creds to get better gear, etc.

Better gear isn't that serious, just helps when you're in a bad situation or a heavy weapon user. If you really want to beat gold, pick an enemy you are comfortable fighting, like geth, then pick classes that have an edge against them, like quarian infiltrator and salarian engineer. Sabotage and decoy are awesome against geth. Weaponry will barely be an issue.

TASTY!
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #891 on: April 04, 2012, 02:37:13 PM »

I've played a few hours of MP now, and it could really do with a few more maps, preferably at least 2 per sector instead of just one. I'd also like to be able to set which objectives you get when creating a game, I prefer it when you have things to do other than just fighting 10 consecutive waves. And in an ideal world I'd like a no-Banshee mode, I really hate those things.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 02:39:22 PM by DPB » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #892 on: April 04, 2012, 04:08:34 PM »

Banshees suck and all, but they are manageable so long as you have control of the area around them. Otherwise, marauders pincer you and fuck up your cover, leaving you open and probably finger fucked. Personally, I'd like to see the geth reworked. Hunters break all logic, hit em with sabotage and they shrug it off, shoot em in the head and the cloak stays on, aim overload right at them and it veers off to a closer target. Plus primes love throwing that turret behind you before you know about it and it rapes you dead. Personally, I'd like more enemies but lighter defense on their end. It's ridiculous that weapons do so little damage even on headshots. Gimme double the enemies on gold but give them silver health, makes for more hectic battles if you ask me. 1 super annoying enemy who can hurt you is less threatening than 2 weaker enemies who can hurt you twice as much.

I remember one of my gold runs was cerberus, and on wave 11, all I saw was a stream of 6 phantoms running up the walkway to the landing pad on firebase white. MAN that was not cool.

TASTY!
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #893 on: April 04, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »

I love the balancing. IMHO it's great except for the ravagers and the banshees. Ravagers guns create a new anus and the Banshee barrier takes a bit too long to take down.

That last battle w/ the banshees in the main game was terrifying.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #894 on: April 04, 2012, 08:35:16 PM »

I definitely agree with your assessment of the general strengths of each game, Ash. I think they're all fantastic, and I thought the combat in 3 was far and away the best in the series. I may not have scored the game as high as you did (probably mid-90's, if I had reviewed it), and I don't agree with your interpretation of the ending, but I definitely think your review text was true to how I felt about the game.

And I also agree that the word entitled is being thrown around too much. It's being used to label people who are being completely mature and reasonable in their critique of the ending. There are certainly some people who are showing what tools they can be, but I think there are plenty of measured voices on both sides that are equally entitled to have their opinions.

What legitimately disappoints me is that nowhere on the internet can you bring this game up-- to talk about absolutely any aspect of it-- without some dickbag commenting with 'OMG THIS GAME IS SUCH SHIT FUCK BIOWARE THEY ARE THE REINCARNATION OF NAZIS, HOLY SHIT THE ENDING WAS SO BAD OH MY GOD' and it devolving into an idiotic shitstorm. I've seen it happen on tons of articles (many of which don't even have anything to do with the ending), and it's sad. Sometimes I just want to discuss this game without talking about the ending or "how evil EA has made Bioware." Damn stupid internets.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #895 on: April 04, 2012, 09:06:24 PM »

The problem is that the vocal few have tainted the image of those who are reasonable. Much like how the few crackpots in the Occupy Wall Street movement destroyed their credibility or Republican GOP nominees make their party out to be a bunch of sociopaths, those representing (or thought to represent) people who dislike the ending act like petulant children and damage the overall message with their blather.

And yeah, Stephen, I agree. I've had more than a few cases where I'm talking to someone about ME3 and what parts we liked and some moron comes and runs his mouth like a douche. This has happened countless times on the internet and ONCE IN REAL LIFE. Holy shit, people are insane.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #896 on: April 04, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »

I love the balancing. IMHO it's great except for the ravagers and the banshees. Ravagers guns create a new anus and the Banshee barrier takes a bit too long to take down.

That last battle w/ the banshees in the main game was terrifying.
Oh I have absolutely no problem with the main game, everything flows fine. It's when I have to dump an entire revenant clip into an assault trooper on silver that I get annoyed. Otherwise, carry on. Wait, scratch that, fix the damn falcon's bullet firing.

Anyone rocking tonight by any chance? I got work early tomorrow, but I'll be on for a small while in a few minutes for mp

TASTY!
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #897 on: April 05, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »

Mass Effect 3 - Extended Cut (aka Free Epilogue DLC)

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/04/05/mass-effect-3-extended-cut/
http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=662095

> What can fans expect from the Extended Cut DLC?
For fans who want more closure in Mass Effect 3, the DLC will offer extended scenes that provide additional context and deeper insight to the conclusion of Commander Shepard’s journey.

> Are there going to be more/different endings or ending DLCs in the future?
No. BioWare strongly believes in the team’s artistic vision for the end of this arc of the Mass Effect franchise. The extended cut DLC will expand on the existing endings, but no further ending DLC is planned.

> What is BioWare adding to the ending with the Extended Cut DLC?
BioWare will expanding on the ending to Mass Effect 3 by creating additional cinematics and epilogue scenes to the existing ending sequences. The goal of these new scenes is to provide additional clarity and closure to Mass Effect 3.

> When will the Extended Cut DLC be available?
Currently the Extended Cut DLC is planned for this summer, no specific date has been announced at this point.

> Why are you releasing the Extended Cut DLC?
Though we remain committed and are proud of the artistic choices we made in the main game, we are aware that there are some fans who would like more closure to Mass Effect 3. The goal of the DLC is not to provide a new ending to the game, rather to offer fans additional context and answers to the end of Commander Shepard’s story.

So there you have it. Are we proud of the game we made and the team that made it? Hell yes. Are we going to change the ending of the game? No. Do we appreciate the passion and listen to the feedback delivered to us by our fans? Very much so and we are responding.

I like this little bit here: * OFFER EXPIRES APRIL 12, 2014.

So two years later, whoever decides to play the whole series for the first time will have to pay for an epilogue? Yeah...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:04:37 PM by Draak » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 05, 2012, 01:50:43 PM »

I'm glad they're not only NOT changing the ending despite how much I don't like it, but actually clarifying things which is all I wanted. And, it's free.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #899 on: April 05, 2012, 06:34:59 PM »

Anyone follow bioware on facebook? Every time they post something a million nerdholes cry out in rage.

Sometimes I think that the internet should be taken away from people
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: