Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 11:35:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334759 Posts in 13709 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 88838 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 25, 2012, 06:26:08 PM »

Or a lot of pre-rendered footage.
Parn do you just enjoy shitting on my hopes and dreams?

The expanded ending is actually just like a Metal Gear's, a half hour plus of incoherent rambling over a pre-recorded video that includes a lot of live action footage.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: June 25, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »

Alright Parn#2, I get it. Nanomachines, etc

TASTY!
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 26, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »

Anyone play through it yet? I'm still downloading it.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1008 on: June 26, 2012, 01:21:03 PM »

I've got an hour bus ride home before I even get to start downloading it. Then I have to redo like 90% of the game.

TASTY!
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: June 26, 2012, 01:53:56 PM »

I love the extended endings. They fix all of the problems with the original ending, allow the player to question the Catalyst, add scenes to explain stuff like Joker being in FTL travel when the beam hits, and add a new ending.

Anyone who is still complaining about the endings after his is just a whiner now, no joke.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 26, 2012, 02:03:53 PM »

I've got an hour bus ride home before I even get to start downloading it. Then I have to redo like 90% of the game.

You don't have a save at/before Cerberus base?

I love the extended endings. They fix all of the problems with the original ending, allow the player to question the Catalyst, add scenes to explain stuff like Joker being in FTL travel when the beam hits, and add a new ending.

Anyone who is still complaining about the endings after his is just a whiner now, no joke.

Yet people are still complaining. I haven't gotten to London yet, but I'm interested in the new ending. Or all of them, really.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: June 26, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »

You don't have a save at/before Cerberus base?

Yet people are still complaining. I haven't gotten to London yet, but I'm interested in the new ending. Or all of them, really.
I think my last save was a new game as a femshep, but my main save was a restart and I just got to Eve.

TASTY!
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: June 26, 2012, 02:56:09 PM »

Most of the nonsense was fixed. It's closure, at least.

Code:
LOL @ shooting Casper. I really liked the new ending, since it's the one that resonates the best with Commander "I won't let fear compromise who I am" Shepard.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 03:31:36 PM by Draak » Logged
dyeager
RPGFan Editor

Code Monkey Like Fritos

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 26, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »

Code:
Eh, before I even saw "Indoctrination Theory" I thought what was happening right after
you get hit by the Reaper beam was a dream sequence because the pile of coincidences
and absurdity was too ridiculous and lazy to be real. Apparently I gave them too much credit?

Put me in the "just a whiner" pile.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 26, 2012, 06:19:17 PM »

Watched the "green" ending on Youtube... I'd save calling people "whiners" for anyone dumb enough to stay FURIOUS about the ending and/or demand another one (probably implanting the indoctrination theory). It's an improvement, but to me now it's just limp rather than a profoundly awful ending. Also:
Code:
seeing everyone with glowing green eyes would make me want to choose differently from synthesis.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012, 06:21:26 PM by Eusis » Logged
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: June 26, 2012, 08:48:52 PM »

Refusal ending is the best ending.  By far.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 26, 2012, 09:15:57 PM »

Refusal ending is the best ending.  By far.

Yeah, I actually liked how that one worked out. And unlike the indoctrination theory it's the kind of fan conclusion that'd actually WORK to implant.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: June 26, 2012, 09:45:24 PM »

Not sure if I want to just watch them on youtube or play through my last save again... I'll probably play. Put on the turtlebeaches and crank it. Loved the music when you're making your choice.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: June 26, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »

In regards to the refusal ending (look for a post made by Jessica Merizan)

Code:
the next cycle does use the Crucible. Thought they would find another way... Maybe they added a new option? Still liked this ending though.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 26, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »

In regards to the refusal ending (look for a post made by Jessica Merizan)

Code:
the next cycle does use the Crucible. Thought they would find another way... Maybe they added a new option? Still liked this ending though.

Hmm.
Code:
I imagine that given the stuff Liara was saying the final version of that was made (or at least last updated) after the Earth assault, and if they managed
 to pull Shepard off they'd have an idea of how it was supposed to work, add that information in, then they'd probably have either juryrigged
a new choice there (refining the synthetic targeting to just Reapers?) or just voted on which one to use and run with that.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: