Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 08:39:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334783 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 88909 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: August 31, 2012, 10:09:55 PM »

Hey, the gameplay only sucked in 1 until you got Spectre weapons. ;)

I feel like ME3's gameplay has spoiled me though and it'll be hard to go back to 1and 2. Hell, even the MP makes me go 'damn, I wish Shepard could use Lash.'

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1081 on: August 31, 2012, 11:18:14 PM »

I did still enjoy ME1's gameplay. It was more RPG-like, and a bit more explore-y.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1082 on: September 01, 2012, 02:39:34 AM »

Mass Effect 1 did do the best in exploration. So many different planets to explore and catalog, I didn't even mind that most dungeons were basically carbon copies.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the gameplay for one reason: it was not well-differentiated. In 2 and 3, the different classes played VERY differently, whereas in 1, a Vanguard was basically a gimped soldier with some Adept moves and stuff instead of being a Charging, Shockwaving, Novaing beast, an Infiltrator was a shitty Engineer with some Soldier abilities instead of being a cloaked assassin, a Sentinel was basically a shitty everything instead of an invincible wall, and so on. They REALLY polished up the gameplay in 2 and 3 which is a large part of why I enjoy the gameplay in them so much.

I had two thoughts about the plot threads it introduced.

1) Entirely made to attempt to justify their ending.

2) Fucking ridiculous.

Code:
So the Leviathans noticed that all the species they enthralled were creating AIs that rebelled... so to counteract this... they created an AI. Which rebelled. Face fucking palm.
To be fair, the AI they created was supposed to be a peaceful one that fostered understanding but ended up fucking them over - in the end it did end up fulfilling its purpose. Honestly, I still don't think they need to 'justify' anything - they already have the extended ending for that. I found the reveals fine. I mean, nothing we didn't know already, but hey, interesting exposition, nonetheless. I mean, I prefer this to Omega DLC, and I REALLY WANT Omega DLC.

I just wish we got to see the Leviathan of Dis. :|
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 02:44:25 AM by Ashton » Logged

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 01, 2012, 02:50:05 AM »

Hey, the gameplay only sucked in 1 until you got Spectre weapons. ;)

I feel like ME3's gameplay has spoiled me though and it'll be hard to go back to 1and 2. Hell, even the MP makes me go 'damn, I wish Shepard could use Lash.'

That's true, it was admittedly hyperbolic what I said. But if you had that gunplay through the whole series while the story quality started slipping more as it went on, especially at the end, then what the hell?
I did still enjoy ME1's gameplay. It was more RPG-like, and a bit more explore-y.

Oh yeah, that's definitely true. I really should've also added if the mission/world design was just as linear as ME2/3, because better gunplay versus better exploration is an argument that can be valid in either direction.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 03:27:36 AM by Eusis » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 01, 2012, 12:33:45 PM »

Yeah, whoops, I should have stated that I meant combat. :) I loved ME1's exploration, customization of armour and weapons, that kind of thing. The inventory system was kinda hellish and ME3 got that right at least. If I had to pick the best RPG in the series it would be ME1. ME2 had the best characters and ME3 gameplay. I could single out all the little things that I feel like each game did best but that would be thesis length. :)

As far as classes go, Ash points out exactly why ME2 and 3 did them better. My Vanguard Shep in 1 was pretty much a soldier with occasional biotic moves, and ME3 really just made 2's version of the classes better/more differentiated.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Vaporeon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1085 on: September 23, 2012, 01:45:31 AM »

So glad I waited to play this. I just got the EC Destroy ending and I'm pretty damn satisfied. Still bullshit. that Leviathan and0 EC weren't in there from the start.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: October 04, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »

I'm excited about fighting Collectors in multiplayer.

That is all.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: October 12, 2012, 02:30:48 PM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/2020.html

$15 is pricey for Mass Effect DLC but I DON'T CARE.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1088 on: October 13, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2012/2020.html

$15 is pricey for Mass Effect DLC but I DON'T CARE.

Whee! 15 dollars to fight over the slums of the galaxy! I bet this will have a tremendous impact on the war effort! You might even get 100 EMS!.....Yeah I'm personally not interested.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1089 on: October 15, 2012, 01:22:39 AM »

Kyuusie's new significant other:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/14/adopt-a-reaper-for-350.aspx
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: October 15, 2012, 01:50:37 AM »

That's a lot of money for a chunk of Reaper-shaped plastic. Especially for one that was ONLY IN ONE GAME. (the Leviathan thing does not count.)

Omega is a shithole. Buit I kinda loved it, not going to lie.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1091 on: October 15, 2012, 03:18:37 AM »

does this have a release date besides just november yet? tried the demo of 3 and really liked the vanguard class but hair options leave something to be desired so i might just use default redhead look instead of trying to make her look like me.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: October 15, 2012, 03:21:28 AM »

What, Omega DLC? Yeah, the 27th.

People aren't fond of reading links apparently.

if you mean the trilogy that's November 6th. (PS3 has no date yet though)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1093 on: October 15, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »

yeah sorry i meant the trilogy.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1094 on: October 15, 2012, 10:15:13 PM »

Yeah, if gameplay/performance had stayed the same as ME1 the series would be a genuine laughing stock rather than a generally great series that kind of went off the rails at the very end narrative-wise.

I don't agree with this at all, at least regarding the gameplay.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: