Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:32:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 88237 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1095 on: October 25, 2012, 11:58:57 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-wimgL0A5o&feature=share&list=UU1J59SL-jEmLF_4_px0WTzw
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1096 on: October 26, 2012, 02:38:51 AM »

Lifetime ban for what you just put me through.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1097 on: November 09, 2012, 08:07:02 PM »

MEHEM - the Mass Effect Happy Ending mod

What does it do?
- It removes the catalyst scene. No ifs, not buts. It's gone for good. (So is your choice, you will now destroy the reapers no matter what)
- It introduces a whole new scene showing how Joker disobeys orders and keeps the Normandy in the fight long enough for Shepard to be rescued (with the help of a certain Alliance captain :))
- The Normandy no longer crash-lands on the Weirdo Planet
- The implication that the Geth and EDI are destroyed is removed together with the catalyst. While EDI and the Geth will not necessarily show in the epilogue, you can add an optional add-in to make the Geth and Quarians appear at peace in the epilogue slides
- You will see your Shepard reunited with his crew (and even some interaction unique to your LI if the LI is part of the Normandy crew). While they don't exactly have a party, now it is a real bitter-sweet ending with the emphasis on "sweet" rather than on "bitter"
- The musical score is changed quite extensively, including the credits song

Project page: http://social.bioware.com/project/8587/
YT videos: Part 1 / Part 2

It's still very rough around the edges, but it's damn cool. Gotta love the modding community. I might actually start another playthrough.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1098 on: November 09, 2012, 08:23:28 PM »

Wow. You've given me hope. A new lease on Mass Effect. Now I can replay the series and sidestep Bioware's shit storytelling choices.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1099 on: November 09, 2012, 10:14:12 PM »

So basically this mod cuts most of the "artistic integrity" of BioWare in order to make (some?) fans happy.

...I don't know if this is impressive or sad. Either way, I personally never expected that someone would take the time to do this.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 09, 2012, 11:04:37 PM »

Man, I may not have liked the ending but "let's just make it a mostly happy one with Shepard surviving!" is not the way. Not unless it were handled like Shepard's reaction to the endings video anyway.

... Also may need to warn of ME3 spoilers in the title at this point. That became such a big deal that you'll probably get spoiled on the ending everywhere now.
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1101 on: November 10, 2012, 02:07:33 AM »

I don't understand the obsession people have with having a happy ending where everyone's alive and fist bumps each other. It was a war. There are costs. Having a "yay we're all victorious and let's have a party" ending is idiotic. I can understand where people are coming from on the whole Catalyst thing, but complaints about Shepard's death are retarded to me.

Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

Leaves from the vine.

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1102 on: November 10, 2012, 02:50:57 AM »

I don't necessary care for a "happier" ending, but the fact that this isn't the whole "lol Catalyst and other dumb shit" ending is what interests me. For all I care, the game could end right
Code:
when Anderson and Shepard are dying
and it would still be better. Their ending is bad, inconsistent writing, and the EC only makes it worse-- because they take their bad writing and add insultingly huge amounts of 'detail' to it. I return to my favorite example,
Code:
your nice, tender, minute-plus scene with your LI while Harbinger is in the background blasting people to death. People who aren't you or the Normandy, which, you'd think, would register higher on the HOLY FUCKING SHIT KILL IT scale

But yeah, I don't think the ending needed to be happier. That wasn't the issue, at least not for me. The sacrifice and all that was kind of poignant.

EDIT: Also, no, it's not idiotic. It's just what some people wanted to see. There WERE casualties. That wasn't my particular problem with the ending, but it's not even close to idiotic to have expected something more in line with the rest of the series' tone. Knowing that this mod exists and that I won't have to truck through Bioware's pile of dog shit at the top of an otherwise glorious mountain of awesome has reinvigorated my desire to play the game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 02:54:00 AM by Taelus » Logged

(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1103 on: November 12, 2012, 11:31:36 AM »

Next Mass Effect Game in Development

RPGFan Story about it

Most recently, we built a large piece of DLC that will be released on November 27 and that you know under the name of Omega. With each new portion of work, we took on deeper and broader responsibilities, but we always worked in conjunction with Casey, the Mass Effect leads, and the developers in Edmonton.

That evolution now takes its next step, with the news that the next Mass Effect game is already in development, driven by the team here in Montreal. This is the goal we have been working toward for years now, and every member of our team is proud, excited, and humbled to take on the responsibility for the next game.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 11:57:39 AM by (Tunnels) » Logged
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1104 on: November 12, 2012, 07:25:34 PM »

you probally shoulda put that bit about sheperd dying in spoiler tags but oh well im not the type to complain about spoilers. and knows that knowledge could actually enhance my enjoyment of the 3 games when i pick up the trilogy.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 13, 2012, 08:42:47 PM »

So apparently some PC copies of Black Ops 2 actually contained Mass Effect 2 on disc 2 instead.

The jokes write themselves.

..and BioWare's offering (some of) these people who had this problem, copies of the ME trilogy for free.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/11/13/were-answering-the-call/

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1106 on: November 19, 2012, 04:26:49 AM »

"The Wii U version of Mass Effect 3 will not receive upcoming add-on Omega, publisher EA has announced.

While the Wii U version includes some DLC content on its disc, major episodes such as the previously-launched Leviathan and the upcoming Omega have been left separate. Many assumed these would be available via the Wii U eShop. This now appears not to be the case."

Source: Eurogamer (via: Twitter)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 19, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »

Not surprised. They're including all the free MP content, I believe, just not the paid SP stuff. So, I doubt they'll get From Ashes either.

Speaking of Wii U, this is the Genesis comic that ME3U comes with. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhO_AV_ph18&feature=player_embedded The first part is the same that PS3 players got, and the second part (that covers ME2) starts at about 18:18. Interesting choices they have you make here...

NANOMACHINES, SON.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 26, 2012, 03:16:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJ48aU--sg&feature=g-all-u

Hahahaha you can have a 'moment' with Aria it seems (it's just a trailer so you don't see,.... well, anything)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1109 on: December 02, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

Tali'zorah by trpbootan

"Finished Mass Effect 3, loved 90% of the game. 5% I disliked was the ending and the other 5% is the reason for this painting.... I wanted to see a full rendered 3d face for Tail since 07 and all we got was a stock photo, bleh. I want to rant about stuff but no, the continuation of the series is much more important than an ending or a face...

This is my take on her face, I have my wild imagination to paint her face and add stuff to it. The skin looks dry and crusted because she sounds amphibious to me and I would guess removing that mask would cause her skin to get dry because of the lack of moisture from when her mask is on. I think Bioware made her eyes greyed as well because if the quarrians are in fact amphibious there would be a film over their eyes to protect it under water, dunno... imagination at work, lol"

Source: deviantART
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 12:30:20 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: