Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2014, 10:01:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337899 Posts in 13833 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 79 Print
Author Topic: Mass Effect 3 (expect spoilers for the entire series)  (Read 90886 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1110 on: December 02, 2012, 11:11:17 PM »

Fans do what Bioware don't.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: December 04, 2012, 01:32:32 AM »

Please tell me someone besides me played Omega. I know it's $15 but I can't be the only one.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1112 on: December 04, 2012, 03:10:33 AM »

Please tell me someone besides me played Omega. I know it's $15 but I can't be the only one.
No ma'am. Sorry, but the dlc for ME3 can go to hell. I'm still infuriated about how they can release story content THAT WON'T CHANGE THE FUCKING STORY!!! Seriously, it's beyond me. Multiplayer dlc, I'm down. Extra events post story, sounds good. But anything that happens during the several days of time where shepard does his (or her) thing is a waste. Sorry if it makes me a hater... I already gave them like 30 bucks in ms points for spectre packs.

TASTY!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1113 on: December 04, 2012, 07:31:19 AM »

Eh, Omega is the least interesting DLC idea so far for ME3. I wouldn't have been tempted to get it even if I hadn't uninstalled ME3 around the time of the extended cut release. Only thing I'm curious about regarding it is whether you can kill Aria. That is a presumably Renagade option that my otherwise pure Paragon would take if given.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1114 on: December 04, 2012, 01:06:30 PM »

Eh, Omega is the least interesting DLC idea so far for ME3. I wouldn't have been tempted to get it even if I hadn't uninstalled ME3 around the time of the extended cut release. Only thing I'm curious about regarding it is whether you can kill Aria. That is a presumably Renagade option that my otherwise pure Paragon would take if given.

I doubt it. Bioware is in love with the character and seems to think their audience is, too. (And I'm sure some do.)

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1115 on: December 05, 2012, 10:48:06 PM »

"BioWare "all hands on deck" for new Mass Effect 3 DLC. Eight writers on board, main ME3 composer and Seth Green to return." -- Source: Eurogamer
Carter83

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1116 on: December 07, 2012, 02:40:33 AM »

I played it, too, and I liked it. There were some parts with really good atmosphere, such as the mines, and overall it was interesting to see more of Omega. Plus, I really like Aria.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: December 07, 2012, 02:54:44 AM »

For me it's at the point where I don't expect to see the ending changed by any of the DLC. It's more that even though I know what happens/can happen in the end, I don't want to see the end of Shepard's time yet, even if it means going back and playing DLC that takes place before the Cerberus base.

tl;dr I want to spend more time with my FemShep even though she's a horrible human being.

On Omega.. yeah I wrote the review already but I loved it for what it was. The price tag is a bit of a pill to swallow, but I take solace in the fact that I don't use MSP for premium spectre packs ;) I'm not Aria's *biggest* fan, but she's an interesting character (and no you can't kill her - I wonder how many players would pay $15 to do that though), and I really loved Omega in ME2 for all its hellholishness. I just wish the creepy part with the adjutants in the dark room had been, uh, creepier. Also I really need to up my SP difficulty after all my MP time....

On the new DLC, I'm really curious. It sounds way more significant than the first three (Kaidan's VA is in it too, and I'm sure many are, they just didn't tweet about it), and with that many writers... hmmm. I'm also feeling like it's going to be the last one for ME3 SP, and then that's it for Shepard.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1118 on: December 12, 2012, 02:07:44 PM »

ADMIN WARNING: INTERVIEW IS NOT LEGITIMATE

GamerSyndrome talks with BioWare about the Mass Effect series

GamerSyndrome: Since Shepard's story is over, is there anything you wish was different or wanted to add into the original Trilogy? Whether it was multiplayer in Mass Effect 2 or missions or ideas that didn't make it into the final products.

BioWare: We are proud of what has been released and the fan base reaction to the games. In any game from any video game company, there's always things that you look back and say, could we have changed this? Could we have added that? One of the mission ideas that got scrapped was actually going onto Palaven, the turian home world, and being able to see what their world was like. We also scrapped the original ending for Mass Effect 3. We were gonna have it as a "boss battle", where Commander Shepard would go up and fight The Illusive Man who has been transformed by The Reapers. We scrapped that idea because way too many [games] have that as their ending, some final boss fight. Ultimately, we are proud of the finished products in the Mass Effect series and stand by them.

GS: That actually sounded like it could have been cool to fight The Illusive Man like that.

BioWare: Yeah, it might have been but we wanted an ending that didn't copy what other games have done before. So a boss battle wasn’t really where we wanted it to go.

GS: Now that another Mass Effect game has been announced, why was it decided to not only change studios (Edmonton to Montreal) but also to change game engines? Will we still experience the same style, choices, and action we’ve come to know in Mass Effect games? Does changing engines delay the games release date?

BioWare: While I can't comment on why it changed studios, fans can expect a similar style of choices and action that they've come to know in Mass Effect. Casey Hudson is very much involved in the new Mass Effect game, as well as many from Edmonton. BioWare Montreal is a great studio and they did fantastic with the multiplayer for Mass Effect 3, so fans should know the series is in good hands. The game isn't far along in development so I can't comment on specifics because they isn't any yet, Frostbite 2 is a really good game engine that we are also using on Dragon Age 3. As far as release date, there's nothing to be announced yet. You'll hear more about the new Mass Effect game [next year] in 2013.

GS: If you were to give a rough idea on a release window, what would you say?

BioWare: Late 2014 to Mid 2015. I honestly can't tell you an exact because full development on the game started a month or two ago.

ADMIN WARNING: INTERVIEW IS NOT LEGITIMATE
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 12:07:11 AM by Eusis » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: December 13, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »

lol, the interview was wiped because it's not an 'official BioWare statement.'

I'm kinda glad TIM wasn't a boss fight, it just would seem odd to fight him physically. I also thought that's why we were stuck with Kai Leng, as lame as he was.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 11:31:24 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Taelus
Some music guy
RPGFan Editor

WOLOLO

taelusramza
View Profile Email
« Reply #1120 on: December 13, 2012, 11:29:19 PM »

In other words, it is counter to their belligerent "artistic integrity" stance of refusing to admit any sort of missteps in the finale's design process.

Still, that's a shame. It was an interesting interview.

"IT IS SUBTRACTION.  I WILL COME TO YOUR SCHOOL AND BEAT YOUR STUDENTS." - John
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: December 14, 2012, 12:08:31 AM »

Threw warnings on about the interview not being legitimate. I actually think it may be better to delete it, but I imagine it's of interest to see a piece of complete bullshit. Aside from the bit from the artbook (Actually, should that be posted anyway? Guess it could count as fair use?)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1122 on: December 14, 2012, 12:35:29 AM »

Aside from the bit from the artbook (Actually, should that be posted anyway? Guess it could count as fair use?)

I put that only as reference.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: December 14, 2012, 12:42:37 AM »

Nothing wrong with posting a single page out of the artbook, and it was relevant (reaper!TIM).

I still wish there had been more of Harbinger and his creepy quotes in ME3.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1124 on: December 14, 2012, 04:51:36 AM »

i just got got ME trilogy. how the hell do you melee in ME1? im a vanguard so thats kinda important. when i press circle it just puts my weapon away.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 79 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: