Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 10:18:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341147 Posts in 13943 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  LA Noire
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print
Author Topic: LA Noire  (Read 8999 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2011, 12:29:20 AM »

Gonna enjoy playing this on my 360
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2011, 07:45:51 AM »

If this one is even half as cool as it sounds/looks then it's gonna be a GOTY contender for sure.  Between this and Deus EX, this year could be the best in recent memory.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:12 AM »

Where is the gameplay ?
OkamiGeisha

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »

I'm excited for it... check out some old noire films from the late '40s to get in the mood.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 03:31:07 PM »

I almost hope they remove vehicles from this. I have a feeling the awesome atmosphere will be ruined byt GTA style driving, bouncing off of cars, rolling red lights, etc.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 04:49:37 PM »

Deus Ex 3, L.A. Noire, Mass Effect 3...

It's a good start for 'best year for all years', personally.

Dragon Age 2 is already proving that it's foolish to make such proclamations too early given that you never know what will disappoint you. Actually, Deus Ex is also something of an example; not because it'll be a disappointment (what I'm hearing it poses it as a game surpassing expectations actually) but because it just had a multi-month delay. Who's to say ME3 and other games currently slated for late 2011 won't be delayed?

LA Noire though... that really seems to be coming out of nowhere for me. I'll definitely have to keep an eye on it!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 01:14:32 PM »

I'm really excited, really I am. I'm a huge Noir buff, went through a whole phase in college, did a Noir radio drama, wrote/shot a noir short film. But after playing RDR, I don't know what to expect. I've been playing RDR, and while I loved the setup, setting, main character, and some of the side characters, I've been kinda underwhelmed at a lot of the side characters, and the general lack of direction the game has. I'm just hoping that LA Noir doesn't do the same. Not that RDR is bad, I really enjoy it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »

I'm not close to being done w/ RDR but I love the side characters so far. Excellent voice acting.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2011, 08:07:23 AM »

Inception and L.A. Noire Make One Hell of a Trailer
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/05/05/l-a-noire-spans-three-discs-on-xbox-360.aspx

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 08:18:54 PM »

Good to know that someone besides Sony is using the more available capacity nowadays to use, especially when it comes to acting and atmosphere which is one of the things I like most in games.
For 360 users, as long as they don't have to change discs when switching areas (ala Star Ocean 4) there shouldn't be a problem.

Going out of topic a bit, I wonder if some developers are starting to have problems fitting their games on the 360. I mean, as far as I know Dead Space 2 has 2 discs, ME2, this one has 3, and by the looks of it the list should only grow.
Of course they won't drop support for the 360, great machine and big userbase, but still it should be something to consider.

For example, if a game were to use this in environments and not just acting and cutscenes I wonder how much they would have to compress it.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 11:10:57 PM »

It does mean that Microsoft and Nintendo would be very foolish not to use blu-ray or some other high capacity storage medium for their future platforms. Something like LA Noire can easily have disc swapping implanted, but it's not going to work on every game.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 11:23:27 PM »

I've pre-ordered the 360 version regardless of 3 discs, imho rdr and gta4 looked nicer on ms's machine. Would be nice to have a no swap after installation though, SO4 was a killer in that department. I need a week off work to plat catch up
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 02:32:17 AM »

Darklight, if you are making your platform decision purely based on graphical concerns (which is sounds like you are) then I would reconsider if I were you.  It's pretty clear that the PS3 is the lead platform for this game (which was definitely not the case for GTA4 and RDR).  In fact, I'm pretty sure at some early point in its development it was meant to be an exclusive.  Of course the game isn't out yet so nobody has been able to do a real comparison, but all the gameplay footage they have shown in trailers has been based off of the PS3 version, and that kind of thing usually says something.  After all they want it to look its best in trailers.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 04:01:33 AM »

I've pre-ordered the 360 version regardless of 3 discs, imho rdr and gta4 looked nicer on ms's machine.

It's not the same engine as those two games, the lead platform's the PS3, and it was even originally a PS3 exclusive that was heavily funded by SCEA. More likely than not the game will be better looking on the PS3 or at least identical, and even if not I recall that there's exclusive DLC for the PS3 version. I hate the practice, but I guess it's consolation for Sony losing an exclusive.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 04:22:45 AM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: