Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 05:51:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331456 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits slow gameplay?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits slow gameplay?  (Read 851 times)
Caine

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 06, 2014, 04:43:40 PM »

im a jrpg player since the nes times hehe so maybe im also getting older and have less time sadly with work etc. :(
atm im sorting out my collection as i see no time replaying some older games i still have in my collection (like vandal hearts etc.) and checking which i definitely wanna play!
i tested out Arc the Lad: Twilight of the Spirits and it's some kind of FF Tactics/Vandal Hearts etc. JRPG gameplaystyle, this might be my less favourite battlestyle in jrpgs as they suck so much time ;), but not that those games are bad, but somehow i think the movement of the enemies are plain slow and dragging in the game till they ended their moves? i just played 30 - 40 mins and had 3-4 fights. i prefer (well i keep FF tactics and some others for nostalgia and seen as my jewels lol!) lunar, ff7, combostyled like xenogears or real time or a mixture of real time and roung based like star ocean etc.

what do you say?

will check my collection and see if i have more of this kind of games, i still have too many left from last 3 generations......
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 04:49:07 PM »

AtL:TotS is indeed pretty slow.

Slow animations
Long delay between turns
Long AI decision time

Eventually you learn some uber moves on some characters that let you wipe large areas... but until then, it's pretty brutal.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:08:10 AM »

The gameplay isn't the games strong suit.  For me, I liked the characters and their interactions.  As you can tell from my avatar, I absolutely adore Bebedora.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:51:57 AM »

Bebedora and the music were great.

And Paulette's boob mole. 

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Ranadiel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 07:18:35 AM »

*shudders* This game is probably in my top ten worst games that I have ever played list. Mostly because I found the story's obsession with absolute pacifism while you have to go fight things to reach the point of ridiculousness.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 08:18:35 AM »

One thing I found interesting in the game is that you can steal off Delma's brother, right at the beginning, one of her best weapon upgrade.

Other stuff I remember (pretty much all I remember)
Darc has an awesome super move.
Ganz is always the last one to act and that makes him kinda suck.
Maru hits like a truck for a good while and pretty much always acts first (+Great Hunter funnies)
Code:
Camellia becoming a super hottie
The last boss is called the great darkness through the whole game. JUST before the last dungeon (point of no return) there's a merchant who sells you darkness resist accessories and damage+ to darkness weapon upgrade. I am by far the most retarded gamer to have played AtL:TotS because I didn't buy a single one thinking they were useless. Then I get to the last boss and I'm like "Why is he hitting me like a truck and I'm doing so low damage?"
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 05:28:56 PM »

The last boss is called the great darkness through the whole game. JUST before the last dungeon (point of no return) there's a merchant who sells you darkness resist accessories and damage+ to darkness weapon upgrade. I am by far the most retarded gamer to have played AtL:TotS because I didn't buy a single one thinking they were useless. Then I get to the last boss and I'm like "Why is he hitting me like a truck and I'm doing so low damage?"

I never defeated the final boss, probably for the same reason. I can't remember exactly but I think I may have screwed up and spent all my money on other things just before the point of no return, leaving myself with no useful saves to go back to.
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 11:20:12 AM »

I liked the game but yeah, I swear I played for an hour at a time and it felt like 10, although it wasn't really a long game IIRC...but time was so skewered who knows!

Everything's Eventual
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2014, 07:25:03 PM »

Oh my god, Bobby Budnick from Salute Your Sorts voiced the hair guy from TotS.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: