Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 06:44:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327318 Posts in 13402 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 39797 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2011, 03:31:45 PM »

^I'm not interested in Skyrim. I don't find anything fasinating about it and with Uncharted 3 coming soon I can't have any interest in it and also Dark Souls has drained all of the energy to want to play another RPG for a while too (outside of Deus Ex).

So yeah, you are not alone.

Not one thing about it is fascinating to you? Not even the fact that it has a living, breathing world? I was watching a video of the gameplay and you walk up to a blacksmith that's grinding a weapon on a wheel, and some lumberjack sticking a hook in a log and actually lifting it and putting it down. Little stuff like that is awesome to me. It makes the world come to life. It's not really believable walking into a town in an RPG and everyone is standing around waiting for you to talk to them.

Playing Dark Souls has me wanting to play this more because I can go from that, to something more relaxing.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2011, 04:30:04 PM »

what the hell kind of game case is that? does he just have small ass hands?
It's just really close to the camera when he holds it up.

I'm probably the only person here not even remotely interested in Skyrim. But holy crap is it ever PRETTY.

That's probably my only hook into the game.  I like the *idea* of the game, but I also disliked Oblivion.  Once I get my gaming PC put together, this and the Witcher 2 are definitely on my list to try and go "Oh that's purty".  Hopefully it will be fun too.  Not too concerned about that with the Witcher but Skyrim I am not sure.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2011, 08:57:12 PM »

This game doesn't really interest me that much, either. I'm not really into open world "do anything" type games. I like to have a clear goal and focus. Too many options just confuses me and leaves me wondering if I'm doing it right. I'm certainly willing to give it a try, though Just not until it gets a bit cheaper.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: October 31, 2011, 09:22:26 PM »

I am looking forward to this game more then any other release before 2012. Can't think of any other big name rpg's coming out except for Meh3 which will hopefully be "fixed", or just another corridor shooter.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: October 31, 2011, 09:27:20 PM »

Kingdom of Amalur looks like another good one in 2012.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2011, 09:41:48 PM »

Yeah, Amalur is high on my list.  Possibly highest.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2011, 10:13:27 PM »

ME3 is still highest on mine. Followed by Witcher 2 360 and Amalur.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: October 31, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »

I love the usual flood "this game has no interest to me" posts some games get.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 31, 2011, 10:29:02 PM »

To be fair Yoda, usually it's the same person posting that in every thread ever around here. Again I admit it's REALLY pretty and would like to at least see it in action.

Even if I did have interest, I'd be holding off on Skyrim anyway so Bethesda can iron out their inevitable, notorious bugs.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: October 31, 2011, 11:09:08 PM »

Hating cool stuff is cool, apparently. I think this will be great, there's a 25min video floating around the web of the opening if you like spoilers.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2011, 11:10:29 PM »

I should start posting "to be honest, this game holds no interest for me" on every major blockbuster or even mildly anticipated title that gets a thread.

Then I should also go punch some babies.

At any rate, Skyrim looks neat. I'm not a huge fan of the Elder Scrolls, largely due to how generic fantasy Oblivion's overall aesthetic was (aesthetics play a big part in what game mythologies I choose to invest in), but I can see the appeal. Skyrim looks like a nice step up, and I'm at least going to try it out, if not buy it. That dance was just... silly. Dunno why so many people get bent out of shape about things like that. If you think the guy's gonna be biased reviewing it, then don't trust his word. Why get hung up on a video he made?
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: November 01, 2011, 03:15:23 AM »

@Fadedsun: Ha, well I think I did a poor choice of words there. But it doesn't matter now.

Dunno why so many people get bent out of shape about things like that. If you think the guy's gonna be biased reviewing it, then don't trust his word. Why get hung up on a video he made?

Internet hyperbole to everything might be a good answer.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: November 01, 2011, 04:54:29 AM »

I'm going to wait for it. I know I'll sink in like 100s of hours into it and love it, but I'll wait for a sale. I have some good shit I need to beat first too.

I am holding off Uncharted 3 for Skyrim so I understand what you mean.

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:40 AM »

I wish there was an intermediate collectors edition. I'd love to have the cool looking artbook but I could care less about a statue.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 02, 2011, 02:51:45 AM »

I wish there was an intermediate collectors edition. I'd love to have the cool looking artbook but I could care less about a statue.

Same here. Really frustrating that a very nice art book only comes with a statue I don't care about that'd just take up space.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: