Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 23, 2014, 07:32:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329479 Posts in 13498 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 40908 times)
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »

I will have this Friday this week, even if it does cost $109. If only I could complain about new games costing $60. I have oblivion goty on ps3 and 360, also plain oblivion on 360, I like the elder scroll games and pretty much anything sandbox, particularly rpg's. One of my friends has upgraded his PC purely for this game, it isn't for everyone but it will be here.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2011, 12:21:29 AM »

12 Hours of Skyrim, 12 Hours of Greg Kasavin: This Thursday!

This whole thing of watching dudes playing video on live streams or YouTube has become pretty huge, and I blame fighting games for that.

Those old matches of Japanese players playing 3rd Strike are an excellent way to waste some time.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: November 09, 2011, 02:36:33 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLlRaJkMNlE

The full theme is up. It is a great theme, perfect to get your blood pumping.

There no doubt in my mind this game is at least getting RPG of the year awards if not game of the year.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: November 09, 2011, 10:03:36 AM »

This whole thing of watching dudes playing video on live streams or YouTube has become pretty huge, and I blame fighting games for that

It's becoming super ridiculous. A few years ago I woulda proclaimed the people who watch these streams as huge nerds, but hey, I played WoW, so who am I to talk?

I sat down and watched some Dark Souls gameplay on Gamespot recently, and have gone through their backlog of "Now Playing" and found myself watching gameplay of a TON of different games, and then Monday night I saw they posted about 30m of AC: Revelations and.....well that was the kicker for me.

Seeing that Greg Kasavin is going to be doing 12hrs of Skyrim has me REALLY regretting that I have a job that I have to go to.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:44 AM »

Some youtube play videos can be legitimately entertaining

Two Best Friends Play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6jEN978uTE

Ullillillia (Famous turbo nerd) explores Bubsy 3D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25bjSoyXlw0

ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: November 09, 2011, 03:16:54 PM »

If you don't mind a moment of pure speculation here: I don't really think the surge of popularity in "Let's Play" style videos is ridiculous. If anything I'm amazed it didn't become more popular sooner. Back in the 90's/early 2000's it wasn't that uncommon to have friends over to play games together (even RPGs) and have general group reactions, similar to the VGA group on BT. However people have become more distant in the digital era. Too many things to do, too many places to be, most people "don't have time" to find 1 to 3 other friends who also "have time" and having a video gaming night on the couch.

Thrown in the fact that it's become more acceptable to just thrown down a quick Facebook or Tweet post and call it "enough socialization to qualify as hanging out with your friend for the day" and such hang outs are probably getting their death knell. Let's Play videos give the viewer a replacement sense of belonging that those group hangouts generated. No friends to hang out with for your gaming fun? Well SuperPlayerX109249 on Youtube can fill that void "perfectly".

Again; I'm neither a psychologist nor a sociologist. But I would "blame" that more for LP popularity than anything else.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2011, 01:13:02 PM »

Anyone here is watching the live stream of the 12 hours of Skyrim in Giant Bomb? Game looks pretty nice, but dunno if I want to buy it since Bethesda always do GOTY or Ultimate Editions of their games.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2011, 07:18:34 PM »

Anyone here is watching the live stream of the 12 hours of Skyrim in Giant Bomb? Game looks pretty nice, but dunno if I want to buy it since Bethesda always do GOTY or Ultimate Editions of their games.

If you can hang out, then don't buy it yet. I love TES, but after Oblivion and Morrowind, I really don't feel like buying Skyrim on launch. If I wait a year-year and a half then it'll be half price at an EB Games sale and probably come bundled with at least one expansion. Plus, I'll be getting it for PC so I'd be waiting for good mods too.

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2011, 08:44:20 PM »

Does Patrick Steward return in Skyrim? I was a big fan of his voice acting in the first game.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2011, 08:48:30 PM »

Does Patrick Steward return in Skyrim? I was a big fan of his voice acting in the first game.

I'm thinking probably not.
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2011, 09:00:01 PM »

No, though they've got some more fairly well-known actors, along with a much bigger cast (70 as opposed to 12).

It's unlocked in Europe now, started as Argonian since I really like the way the lizards look now, but I'm thinking of restarting, I don't know if I can take an anthropomorph seriously.

In case anyone is worrying about the PC requirements, it runs really well on a not so amazing system (C2D E8400 3ghz, 6770 1gb, 4gb RAM). That's on high with the standard antialiasing off but with FXAA enabled, no lower than 30 FPS outdoors and a constant 60 FPS indoors. I tried ultra but that was a bit too much for it.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2011, 09:17:14 PM »

He has a great voice, but it's not like he was in the game THAT much. I mean, he died in the first few minutes.

Yes that was a spoiler to a 5 year old game. Also, Aeris dies.

I just spent about the last 45min watching a couple video reviews (the one form the DToid show was like 25m and very awesome), I read all the reviews from the major outlets (I skipped IGN because they're fudouches), but right now, I'm only more excited for the game. I'm pretty bummed AC:Rev is coming out on Tuesday, since that will probably take a back seat until at LEAST Christmas. Thankfully Arkham City just became my bitch.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2011, 09:34:42 PM »

Yes that was a spoiler to a 5 year old game. Also, Aeris dies.

Except the game pretty much states this in the opening dialogue and you see him die by the end of the tutorial, so it's not even a spoiler, it's SETUP. This is to Aeris dying what Darth Vader capturing Leia is to Darth Vader being Luke (and Leia's) father.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2011, 10:09:58 PM »

DARTH VADER IS LUKE AND LEIAS FATHER?  Dude way to ruin it for me Eusis.

Anywho, I plan on picking this up tomorrow at Toys R Us, assuming they still have copies left (which I would expect since our Toys R Us isnt where most folks go for games) and you get a 20 dollar TRU giftcard for buying it.  So I figure thats worth waiting a few extra hours for, even if once I get it I had to do a humane society event until 11 am.  I tend to run Khajit, since Im a big animal lover, though I get DPBs statement on taking them seriously to a point.  I do also tend to play as a Nord..but..well...this is the Nord homeland..so that doesn't seem as fun.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2011, 11:22:02 PM »

I'm really enjoying the soundtrack, this track has to be my favorite so far.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: