Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 05:24:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327762 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 39985 times)
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:08 AM »

I'm really enjoying the soundtrack, this track has to be my favorite so far.
Indeed. The soundtrack is top notch.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: November 11, 2011, 05:05:32 PM »

Jeremy Soule has always been an awesome composer. Anyone remember the Secret of Evermore soundtrack? Oblivion has a great soundtrack too.

Just got home with my copy! Will be playing this all night.

"Oh, a hunter..."
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: November 11, 2011, 05:34:23 PM »

I now know what I'm going to do next.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: November 11, 2011, 06:35:08 PM »

Yup. I won't be playing the game, but I'm loving the music. Listened to several tracks on You tube today.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: November 11, 2011, 06:50:59 PM »

I'm afraid of getting into this game, I still haven't finished Dark Souls and Atelier Totori (I'm not even close) so I'll have to stay away from it for now. It's probably for the best, in a few months the modding community will have transformed it into a much better game.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:18 PM »

I personally appreciate being able to go through it vanilla... THEN modding it for replays. Although stuff like UI mods are well appreciated.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: November 11, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »

I have played too much Fallout 3 and New Vegas for this game to tickle any sort of fancy.  It's just more of the same, but without FPS gunplay.  The review here mentions a slow start, so I won't give up yet, but everything is just too familiar here.

Everyone seems to be having fun too, so I'm gonna try a bit harder.  Coming fresh from Dark Souls combat to this is just hell though.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2011, 04:29:01 AM »

Kyle did not give this game a 110%, Editors choice and GAME OF THE CENTURY status? DID HE NOT SEE THE HERO TAKE OUT HIS SWORD, DID HE NOT NOTICE HIM ROLL AND SLASH? DID HE NOT WATCH THE FANS REJOICE ?!?
Seriously though, I'm kind of glad this didn't get a 90%+ score just for being Elder Scrolls.
Kind of curious how much hate mail he's getting now though.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Britton

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: November 13, 2011, 12:42:40 AM »

I love the game so far, but am still not liking some of the same things I didn't like about Oblivion. The whole quest list and points of interest on the compass are fuddled up and confusing. Sometimes the compass shows a quest beyond the door that takes you out of the city. When you go out the compass shows that it's back inside the city. Kinda hard to know what's main quest or side quest... and last but not least if you are headed to somewhere in particular via the compass and map, you really can't head for everything the way it says. I needed to find a mountain top and it took me forever to bypass other mountains and rivers on my way there. Maybe I'm just doing it all wrong or something.

I love how you can spend a half hour in one castle just looking at books and other things. Reading those books are almost a necessity, especially if you want the most out of the game. They give you quests, raise the level of different things and even put points of interest on your map.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: November 13, 2011, 02:09:55 AM »

Kyle did not give this game a 110%, Editors choice and GAME OF THE CENTURY status? DID HE NOT SEE THE HERO TAKE OUT HIS SWORD, DID HE NOT NOTICE HIM ROLL AND SLASH? DID HE NOT WATCH THE FANS REJOICE ?!?
Seriously though, I'm kind of glad this didn't get a 90%+ score just for being Elder Scrolls.

Just found a glitch that won't let me continue the main story and hunt the first dragon.All those reviews out there are bogus.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2011, 02:42:51 AM »

Just found a glitch that won't let me continue the main story and hunt the first dragon.All those reviews out there are bogus.

What's the glitch? And for what system? Didn't happen for me, and I'm assuming for the majority of the people that bought it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2011, 03:46:13 AM »

What's the glitch? And for what system? Didn't happen for me, and I'm assuming for the majority of the people that bought it.

I can see you're feeling left out, but don't you worry, I'm sure Bethesda hasn't forgotten about you. Just be patient and you'll run into a game breaking bug as well.

Seriously though, I'm sure its a great game to say the least, but does it really surprise anyone that a Bethesda title has game breaking bugs on release? Not me, that's for damn sure. I'll give them the regular half year or so to patch it up before I consider buying it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 03:48:12 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2011, 05:00:26 AM »

What game breaking bugs? It's been running perfectly for me.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2011, 05:59:49 AM »

I was referring to this:

but mostly I'm just having a laugh.

I was serious about waiting a while before I pick this up though. Bethesda games are well known for being fairly broken when they first come out, so there's a good chance that this one will have its fair share of pre-patch issues as well.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:01:49 AM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2011, 07:27:31 AM »

I was going to point out that USUALLY the glitches weren't that big of a deal so long as you kept a ton of saves... then I remembered how when trying to get a mammoth stuck on terrain it floated away then plummeted to its death. Scratch that, you don't get it now you're going to miss all of the awesome glitches.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: