Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 09:03:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332948 Posts in 13642 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 42650 times)
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:38 AM »

I was going to point out that USUALLY the glitches weren't that big of a deal so long as you kept a ton of saves... then I remembered how when trying to get a mammoth stuck on terrain it floated away then plummeted to its death. Scratch that, you don't get it now you're going to miss all of the awesome glitches.

I had one where I was in a conversation with someone, and another dude came walking by, trying to go between us, but it was as if there was some invisible wall between me and this guy, so the dude walking past just kept moving in the same spot, trying to get through this wall. I lol'd pretty good at that one. Also saw a mammoth somehow end up on top of another one, that was pretty good too.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: November 13, 2011, 11:37:16 AM »

I've gotten the mammoth falling from the sky glitch. A few people have reported that one.

"Oh, a hunter..."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »

Speaking of glitches:

Texture problems hit Xbox 360 Skyrim

The issue only seems to manifest if you have the Xbox 360 version of Skyrim installed to the hard drive - a process that is entirely optional. In this case, the highest resolution versions of the textures appear to stall and not load, meaning that you're definitely not seeing the game at its best. If you remove the install, and run the game directly from the DVD, the best quality artwork returns to the game.

Streaming issues when the game is installed, that's a new one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt5aUdijAN8&feature=youtu.be

I almost died laughing! OMG!

It gets better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PG2CPSxE_0&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTgUm8VEWiU
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 06:03:48 PM by CDFN » Logged

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2011, 06:02:31 PM »

Yeah that's been floating around, so hilarious. It's gotta be rough, designing a huge and complex game to overlook something like that.

This just goes to show that open world do whatever you want games will always have some oddity
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:55 PM »

Check the last one I just posted, it's fucking amazing!

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: November 13, 2011, 06:20:33 PM »

Yeah I saw that from the player perspective on youtube, even more hilarious this way

I'm glad I'm waiting... but at the same time not playing something so unintentionally hilarious is killing me
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: November 13, 2011, 08:33:47 PM »

Oh man these glitches are awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62WxpW_aZXo&feature=feedu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZyj38AImNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBgpIYBUk4

Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: November 13, 2011, 08:39:54 PM »

I only have one issue with this game, the compass pointer for your chosen quest. Am I wrong? It seems to keep a guide pointer to the main quest, even if it's not chosen as active. Also your position pointer on the map is like a pin rather then an arrow. Apart from this, nice game so far
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: November 13, 2011, 09:00:04 PM »

I only have one issue with this game, the compass pointer for your chosen quest. Am I wrong? It seems to keep a guide pointer to the main quest, even if it's not chosen as active. Also your position pointer on the map is like a pin rather then an arrow. Apart from this, nice game so far

Just deactivate your main quests and you'll see your other active quests on the map. I haven't had a problem with it.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: November 13, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »

Almost as funny as the actual bugs was "how Pros sleep"

God that's a hilarious title
Darklight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: November 13, 2011, 11:30:38 PM »

Just deactivate your main quests and you'll see your other active quests on the map. I haven't had a problem with it.

Hey, this isn't working, it's still directing me to the main quest regardless. I can live with it, fun game so far.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2011, 05:52:02 AM »

cant stop playing

5am

gotta wake up in 2 hours

got no homework done all weekend

fuck this earth
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2011, 06:40:04 AM »

How are you going to wake up if you're already awake? ;.)

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2011, 07:15:08 AM »

Jesus! The more I play this game, the more I love it.  It completely blows the previous games right out of the water.  I've got at least 2 dozen quests to do and it seems that every third or fourth person I run into gives me another.  I'm actually spending a lot of time in 3rd person view which is something I never thought I'd do in an ES title.  Saints Row 3 is going to have to wait a while.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
DPB

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2011, 09:30:34 AM »

The biggest improvement for me is the level design. I've been playing it all weekend and I haven't came across a single area that feels like it was a copy-paste of somewhere I'd been before, and some of the cities are just incredible.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: