Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 12:34:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334796 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 43330 times)
Zik

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: January 13, 2012, 01:56:12 PM »

The only major-bug I had on this game was with the Revealing the Unseen quest for the college of winterhold. I was unable to move the lens toward the end, so I could never progress in this questline. I had some other minor bugs but nothing game breaking.
Booboo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: February 06, 2012, 09:14:50 AM »

Yeah? Well, I'm still waiting for Betathesda to fix their shit with update 1.04 and if that doesn't work that I'll gladly trade this in. It's shameful to release a broken piece of trash, and I feel kinda bummed not only because I've spent actual money on it, but also for playing it.

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 06, 2012, 12:07:04 PM »

Broken piece of trash?  Seriously?  Hooray for hyperbole!  You know why you should be bummed?  You should be bummed because you take yourself too seriously.  This game is fine.  Is it perfect?  No.  But I've put a lot of hours into it, and I have yet to find anything that is flat out broken.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 06, 2012, 07:49:37 PM »

I have yet to find anything that is flat out broken.

I'm guessing you're not playing on PS3, because apparently that version gets ridiculous performance hits the longer you play. Too much data in the game world for the game to track, so it starts hitching and having the frame rate drop the further you're. This isn't an issue on 360/PC, probably because the 360's got unified RAM and for PCs... I find it hard to imagine anyone who'd be playing this that doesn't have at least 2GB in this day and age.

Of course if this ISN'T PS3 then it's the same old "how dare they release a game this buggy" crap that ignores the game's scope making it a pain to get nearly bug free QA for.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 07:51:15 PM by Eusis » Logged
neogalahad

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: February 09, 2012, 09:03:57 PM »

Just got all the achievements for this! Now to move on to Reckoning!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 10, 2012, 01:32:48 PM »

I'm guessing you're not playing on PS3, because apparently that version gets ridiculous performance hits the longer you play.

Well that does suck.  I'm playing on PC.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: February 10, 2012, 05:48:42 PM »

I don't get the hate for Oblivion.

Is it because they like Morrowind and Skyrim better? Or because of the horse armour?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 11, 2012, 04:55:51 AM »

It's a pretty repetitive game. Once you reach a certain point it's hard to stomach any more of it. Nevermind the screwy difficulty scaling and whatnot, which sucks some of the thrill out since each new place is always for your level... but if your build's off enough then it'll be hell without nerfing the difficulty severely.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 07:14:37 AM by Eusis » Logged
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:04 AM »

The PS3 version made Skyrim unplayable for me too.

Sold it... Wasn't 100% done with it but, got all the main quests done except for the Dark Brotherhood.

Skyrim would rock with mods anyway. Gotta get a PC for this one. I still like Morrowind the best in the series and best of all for that matter. There was something about that game world that had a feel all it's own.

I also like how the beast races felt more like beasts and it had in armored and spear which never made a return. =(

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: February 15, 2012, 11:10:10 PM »

I would just like to say:

Todd Howard of Bethesda is completely full of shit.

http://kotaku.com/5885358/why-skyrim-didnt-play-nice-with-the-ps3

"We did a ton more testing this time around, so the game is definitely our most solid release regardless of platform,"

"Tons" more testing yet the game was broken for a month and a half.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Fyle

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: February 16, 2012, 06:38:37 PM »

I would just like to say:

Todd Howard of Bethesda is completely full of shit.

http://kotaku.com/5885358/why-skyrim-didnt-play-nice-with-the-ps3

"We did a ton more testing this time around, so the game is definitely our most solid release regardless of platform,"

Many people who have responded to this claim the 1.4 patch was a success.

It's too late for me now with the regular version but, I'm wondering if the GOTY will have issues. Not gonna run out and buy it on release date at this point.

Also not getting it unless they up variety in spells, weapons and armor big time.

I have respect for Todd Howard but, ya, he smudges the truth. It's not all his fault, what he says is being monitored by the PR people and what not.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 08:25:35 PM by Fyle » Logged

I was once a pick up artist like you until I took an RPG to the knee.
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2012, 08:41:34 AM »

Went out and finally bought me a copy; PS3 of course. Been having fun although I hate the fact that Bethesda rubs your nose in it if you're living below the poverty line. ~.~ What, too much trouble to program a screen resize feature so the corner text doesn't constantly get chopped off and become unreadable because I only own a tiny TV? **** heads.

*coughs* Aside from that little nitpick I'm quite enjoying it. Although playing it side by side with New Vegas really makes me wonder how Skyrim got as much praise as it has. Fallout's VATS is far more user friendly than swing and pray for us non FP-Gamers; not to mention the main story in both games sinks its hooks into you far, far sooner. To it's credit though Skyrim has a better sub-quest system, less glitchy terrain traversing, and oh thank you by everything holy I actually have map markers for 'mini quests' rather than having to dig through 500+ Pip-Boy notes to remember what I needed to do three towns ago.

Currently I have a love/hate relationship with the leveling system. It seems good for some things like armor and attack proficiencies but outright redundant and boring for things like stealth. How epic, I'm staring at this guard's posterior and having him call me a milkdrinker over and over again every five seconds because the stealth skill doesn't work for beans until about 30-35ish; can't remember exactly where it finally clicked in.
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: December 03, 2013, 10:53:26 PM »

So I the ULTIMATE edition was on sale and I picked it up for 360.

Query:
Should I install to hard drive? If mammaries serve me correctly I recall that if you installed Skyrim then textures looked like piss.

Is this still accurate?
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: December 03, 2013, 10:56:57 PM »

Given how bad Skyrim runs on consoles, it may be better to have the piss textures.
Raphael

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: December 06, 2013, 10:38:03 AM »

So I the ULTIMATE edition was on sale and I picked it up for 360.

Query:
Should I install to hard drive? If mammaries serve me correctly I recall that if you installed Skyrim then textures looked like piss.

Is this still accurate?

Maybe I'm the only one this happened to but I ran Skyrim from the disc for the majority of my playthrough on 360 and when I upgraded to a newer Xbox I installed it and no joke the bugs started showing everywhere. I had freeze-ups and all sorts of weird issues, such as mammoths falling from the sky and weapons floating. Everyone I know that has installed it had no problems but just offering up my own experience.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: