Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 06:16:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334702 Posts in 13707 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print
Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 43262 times)
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: January 01, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »

Hello

Been playing Skyrim as of late, yeah I know but I accumulated a huge backlog of games when I was involved with FF XIV. I'm running into an issue with the Dragonborn quest line. I've found some other's with this issue but I can't see them releasing this as game breaker for the dlc.

These are spoilers so read at your digression....I have the quest Dragonborn in my quest section with the start, find out why the cultists attacked me. This has been in my quest section for a big share of the game so I can't go back to a previous save. Apparently when they attacked me and I killed them I either didn't pick up the note to read to advance the quest or it wasn't there, or I just plain missed it...

Now when I enable the quest it points to this dead cultist out in the middle of nowhere and when I examine him he has nothing on him but gear and a recipe, no note...

So I'm stuck, the questline won't advance, I can take the boat ride with the captain and get to the new area but nothing advances there either.

Did any of you run into this issue or found a work around. I'm playing on the 360.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 11:07:49 PM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: January 01, 2014, 11:13:06 PM »

You might want to check UESP and look up the quest's page.  They usually have a list of workarounds when one is available.  Though, being on 360, you lack the ability to use console commands, which might mean you're in trouble and the quest is impossible to finish.

Really, Bethesda games are buggy enough that you need to expect game-breakers when not playing on PC.
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: January 02, 2014, 10:15:12 AM »

Okay, looks like theres a couple of other things I can try to get the quest going again. This is the first real major glitch I've run in to, the game has froze on me a few times, am around 110 hours of play time. Other then that been having alot of fun with it.

Thanks for the reply

doh
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: January 15, 2014, 02:42:42 PM »

Well I didn't pursue Dawnguard and went back to other quests and the main game. Decided to try Dawnguard and this damn thing has a glitch too in the Ancestral Glade where I can't get back out because of the door gets barred after I read the scrolls. And, Serena is behind the barred doors....

Seriously do they not test these dlc's

Okay I made my own work around, just had to make sure to have her "come with me" before I started the quest, then she stayed right on my heels.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:01:51 AM by Datastorm » Logged

doh
Datastorm

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: January 17, 2014, 11:17:46 AM »

Okay, I got the Dragonborn quest to continue also....took about two hours of scrouring the area and finally Frea at the temple all of sudden showed, Dragonborn ended and the Temple questline took off.

It's still ridiculous how glitched up this game has been.

doh
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #365 on: January 17, 2014, 04:29:39 PM »

Yup, that's why I always buy Elder Scrolls on PC. At least then, 99% of the time you can mod/console your way out of glitches.

I think I'd be really nervous all the time when playing it on a console. Kind of like how I feel when playing any game on my 360 and hear it sound like it's going to take off! :P

mecharobot

Thunder of the dogs! INDIGNATION

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: January 17, 2014, 05:22:04 PM »

If I had never played Oblivion on a console, I would have never learned how awesome TES is in German. All thanks to the glitched Cure for Vampirism quest.
Guttend

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: January 18, 2014, 04:52:53 AM »

Even i find it comfortable on pc rather than on console, i wonder if they were not out for consoles and for pc would we have any choice?

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: