Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 03:00:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319647 Posts in 13044 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FFIV Complete Collection for PSP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: FFIV Complete Collection for PSP  (Read 13568 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2010, 08:10:54 AM »

inb4 FFV and VI PSP remakes

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2010, 08:17:18 AM »

inb4 FFV and VI PSP remakes
Why not ?
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:37 AM »

I'm just sick of Square Enix and their constant remakes. I can accept a game that never got an outside Japan release (Dragon Quest V), or a rare valuable game getting a port/remake (Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth), but I think they're just trying to get some easy cash. I reckon they should quite remaking the same game a million times, and come up with some fresh ideas. Remakes are a distraction to developing the bigger games. Final Fantasy XIII could've been a masterpiece, but all these pointless remakes prevent the creators from putting heart and soul into original games (how long has it been since Square Enix released an original A grade game?). I have no problems with FFIV, V and VI (as they all kick some serious ass), but too many remakes! Square Enix are a bit slack, if you ask me.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2010, 08:55:28 AM »

After seeing what Falcom did with their remake of Ys 3, I could only dream that Square Enix would one day make remakes as good as that for Final Fantasy 4-6.
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2010, 09:05:55 AM »

I'm just sick of Square Enix and their constant remakes. I can accept a game that never got an outside Japan release (Dragon Quest V), or a rare valuable game getting a port/remake (Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth), but I think they're just trying to get some easy cash. I reckon they should quite remaking the same game a million times, and come up with some fresh ideas. Remakes are a distraction to developing the bigger games. Final Fantasy XIII could've been a masterpiece, but all these pointless remakes prevent the creators from putting heart and soul into original games (how long has it been since Square Enix released an original A grade game?). I have no problems with FFIV, V and VI (as they all kick some serious ass), but too many remakes! Square Enix are a bit slack, if you ask me.
XIII won't be generation-defining RPG, it has a lot of obvious content holes, no matter what kind of talent they had they won't fill it. Now the source of issue is where are SE's original A grade games? that's highly debatable IMO. It seems to me that you had a sort of expectation of how Square 'should be'?. Personally, i can't see the harm of FF4 remake at all, and i doubt it hold any original title from release.    
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »

*Facepalm*

Sounds like somebody wasted $40 on the Wonder Years.

That aside I may look into this as someone who only has the PSX version (namely because it came with Chrono Trigger).

I think that the real motivation here is Squeenix trying to recoup their expenses from FFXIV.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2010, 11:30:55 AM »

By the look of a scan on Kotaku, looks like the is CG movies or something (at least, the showed a 3D CG model of their Th/Ceodore [?]).

Yeah.  I'm on the bangwagon of "this is weird for a 2D port when the NDS got a 3D update".
Not interested.  Played the game enough and have wiiware if I want to (but this game was aggravatingly hard sometimes to wanna do it again right now haha)

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »

Final Fantasy XIII could've been a masterpiece

That's not true. People that worked on the game didn't know the direction of the project, everyone was doing their work but nobody knew what the hell was being developed... and you can see that in the final product.

Square Enix did the best thing to market the game to the public though, graphics. They work all that time in how pretty their wallpaper was, so they just did trailers with dialog and scenes that didn't make too sense but showed how pretty it was.

And well, with that and the fact that Final Fantasy fans are crazy over the franchise the game sold well. But you know what's funny? I can see Versus XIII with the same future with the development hell that the game seems to be. A lot people said is fault of Nomura for making too many games at the same time, and with the exception of the remakes (and a miracle) the majority of what is made are just "OK games" and nothing more than that.

So yeah, people have the right to throw shit at Square Enix for not understanding what makes a game interesting, memorable or fun anymore. And again, with the exception of the remakes. They are just selling old glories that they know will sell for the sake of nostalgia.

Also, when a fan said to the public in the release of Final Fantasy XII in Japan that we just want a remake of Final Fantasy VII as soon as possible thank you very much, there's something seriously wrong with how of all this is handle.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 11:47:26 AM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2010, 12:35:57 PM »

By the look of a scan on Kotaku, looks like the is CG movies or something (at least, the showed a 3D CG model of their Th/Ceodore [?]).

Yeah.  I'm on the bangwagon of "this is weird for a 2D port when the NDS got a 3D update".
Not interested.  Played the game enough and have wiiware if I want to (but this game was aggravatingly hard sometimes to wanna do it again right now haha)

What is the bangwagon and where can I get a ride?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII could've been a masterpiece

That's not true. People that worked on the game didn't know the direction of the project, everyone was doing their work but nobody knew what the hell was being developed... and you can see that in the final product.

Square Enix did the best thing to market the game to the public though, graphics. They work all that time in how pretty their wallpaper was, so they just did trailers with dialog and scenes that didn't make too sense but showed how pretty it was.

And well, with that and the fact that Final Fantasy fans are crazy over the franchise the game sold well. But you know what's funny? I can see Versus XIII with the same future with the development hell that the game seems to be. A lot people said is fault of Nomura for making too many games at the same time, and with the exception of the remakes (and a miracle) the majority of what is made are just "OK games" and nothing more than that.

So yeah, people have the right to throw shit at Square Enix for not understanding what makes a game interesting, memorable or fun anymore. And again, with the exception of the remakes. They are just selling old glories that they know will sell for the sake of nostalgia.

Also, when a fan said to the public in the release of Final Fantasy XII in Japan that we just want a remake of Final Fantasy VII as soon as possible thank you very much, there's something seriously wrong with how of all this is handle.

If it means more bad new games, I'd rather remakes of old good games.

Quote from: Lard

It's just over there.  Hop on, we're going to better things.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2010, 12:46:02 PM »

Like I said on FB: I pity anyone who bought TAY, or at least all of it. I always wanted to, glad I didn't now.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
pchimmy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2010, 01:17:08 PM »

Has anyone played The After Years?  If so, how is it?  Specifically, how is the storyline (no spoilers please).

FFIV is my 2nd favorite game of all time but I haven't played The After Years yet largely because I don't play downloadable games (for the most part).  I hope it's as good as FFIV.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2010, 01:20:18 PM »

Has anyone played The After Years?  If so, how is it?  Specifically, how is the storyline (no spoilers please).

FFIV is my 2nd favorite game of all time but I haven't played The After Years yet largely because I don't play downloadable games (for the most part).  I hope it's as good as FFIV.

What I played was good.  Nice continuation and more in-depth systems than first FFIV.  Still maintains a high ass difficulty at the best of times.  Golbez is the shit.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2010, 01:22:15 PM »

Quote from: Lard

It's just over there.  Hop on, we're going to better things.

That's one of my favourite scenes. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »

Boo freakin' ya! I'm so glad I held out! Now I can get it all in one UMD!=D This and Persona 2 are all I want for Xmas next year.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: