Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 04:56:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338003 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  The Soundroom
| | |-+  In the spirit of the best of 2010, what are some of your favorite albums of 2010
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: In the spirit of the best of 2010, what are some of your favorite albums of 2010  (Read 6173 times)
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 11:33:56 PM »

Oh fuck what came out in 2010...

I... I guess Arcade Fire - The Suburbs and Janelle Monae - Archandroid?

U2 is one of those bands I can't fucking stand.

I love War. Everything after that was like terrible.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Banestar

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:33 AM »

Oh fuck what came out in 2010...

I... I guess Arcade Fire - The Suburbs and Janelle Monae - Archandroid?

At the risk of seeming like a hipster, I second the Arcade Fire pick. Also The Hold Steady's Heaven is Whenever. Not their best, but still a good time.
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 05:42:37 PM »

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest

The last song on that album kills me.
So so good.

The more I listen to it, the better it gets. Both that song and the whole album in general. Bradford Cox has shown incredible growth as a songwriter over the course of Cryptograms, Microcastle, and Halcyon Digest. Of course, it helps when you write a song like every day or two, and the fact that he thinks he's going to die all the time probably helps a lot.

Also, Banestar, I figured my picks instantly elevated me to the hipster douche of RPGfan, which I'm fine being.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2011, 02:10:05 AM »

Time to change things up with some hip-hop!

I really don't know a lot of what came out this year because I've been off my game musically this year, but I did pick up a couple of albums that really impressed me. 

The Roots - How I Got Over

This is easily my favorite album of the year.  In fact I would say it's the best album The Roots have ever put out.  Solid work start to finish.

Victor Shade - Victor Shade

Interesting project that RA Scion put out.  It's pretty dense, which most of his stuff is, and I'm still dissecting some of the songs, but what I do get is typical RA Scion backed by some solid production

Bambu - Paper Cuts

Not really an album but another solid effort start to finish from one of my favorite emcees.  Everything I'd come to expect from him.

Bambu - Los Angeles, Phillipines

He's been quite prolific this year.  A rougher sound (it's a mixtape) but again, everything I'd expect from him.  Perhaps a bit more raw but a solid release.

Macklemore - VS. Redux

I really like some of the remixes on this, particularly the Otherisde and Crew Cuts remixes.

---

You may now return to your regularly scheduled metal.
Desert Walker

dimitri_rozokov@hotmail.com bladegolem
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2011, 08:08:58 PM »

Well, I don't hear much in the way of new albums or really keep track of the year an album was released that well, but let's see what iTunes has to say....:

Buddy Guy - Living Proof
Monster Magnet - Mastermind
Pinetop Perkins & Willie Smith - Joined at the Hip
Todd Wolfe Band - Live
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2011, 10:43:13 AM »

Sleigh Bells Ė Treats

My personal favourite of 2010. Itís hard to explain why; itís just got a level of energy in it that no other album Iíve got has. Itís perfect to run to. I just canít stop listening to it. I also know its abrasive as hell, and I imagine most people would be turned off it pretty quickly.

Das Racist Ė Sit down man & Shut up dude

These guys released two mix tapes last year and I really enjoyed both of them. Shut up dude is easily my favourite of the two though.

Kanye West Ė My Beatuiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Itís nice that a mainstream artist like Kanye is so determined to grow as an artist. Heís still pretty average as a rapper, but his production skills are fantastic.

Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot: The son of chico dusty

An amazingly fun album. So many catchy singles. Itís sad that his solo work hasnít gotten anywhere near the attention that Outkast did.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 07:38:24 PM »

I listened to Big Boi so much last summer.
And drank lots of Blue Light Lime because my roommate works at a beer store and was getting $5 cases of it.
Summer '010 will always be remembered as the summer of Sir Lucius Left Foot and Blue Light Lime.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: