Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 02:14:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329965 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  DC Universe is neat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: DC Universe is neat.  (Read 23930 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2011, 10:44:43 AM »

There's a pretty chunky update coming later this month....which is good.  I'd post a link but if  you care that much then you can find it easily...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 04, 2011, 01:32:57 PM »

The endgame is what I imagine World of Warcraft's endgame is like, except streamlined.  I quite like perfecting strategies for each Duo instance (having an actual friend with you is pretty important... having to stop and yell at your partner to not run into the boss room alone is tedious).

Voice chat works perfectly now too.  I dunno, I'm enjoying the grind for marks and gear.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 01:35:04 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2011, 01:15:54 PM »

So, I'm now on the 3-months-for-30-bucks subscription.  The game is compelling enough that I'm sticking with it.  It's got the same kind of addiction to it that Phantasy Star Online gave me.  My only gripe is that they seriously need to fix the healing bug.  There's like, a 10% chance of my heals not landing on group members when entering instances or some shit.  It's aggravating considering I've spec'd my character to be a healing badass.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »

I finally got the voice chat working. Huzzah! Also, can someone enlighten me as to how I'm supposed to unlock more characters in the Legends PvP matches?  I've done a thousand with Harely Quinn and I still can't purchase anyone new. I don't understand..

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2011, 03:10:27 AM »

You don't just unlock the characters, you buy them in your corresponding hideout (watchtower, hall of doom). Needs marks of legends I think, I forget, haven't played in a few days honestly.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 02:18:12 PM »

I thought the end-game would be boring, like all of the content was over after level 30.  Besides the daily duos and alerts, my focus has shifted completely to taking care of minor feats so as to gain additional skill points for weapon trees.  It's like a thousand quests were under my nose this whole time.

Bat Cave, holy crap.  8 of us made to the final bosses, but this game is still too glitchy... when raid bosses reset because you walked into the wrong area, that isn't good.

Game remains fun... more fun than when I started.  I have 3 pieces of Tier 1 gear.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: March 26, 2011, 09:30:37 AM »

So I caved and got this game.

See you guys soon.

Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2011, 03:07:29 PM »

Thinking of getting this myself, either this or Rift.  Tired of WoW, still a great game, but it gets old after awhile.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »

DC Universe is a lot of fun.  I played non-stop for 2 months, duo-ing with a friend every day after work, and racked up a lot of gear.  I am currently taking a much needed break, but I am not going to say the game sucks now.  I got a lot of value out of it, I'm just burnt out. 

I will likely log in after the next content update.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: March 29, 2011, 08:17:31 PM »

Thinking of getting this myself, either this or Rift.  Tired of WoW, still a great game, but it gets old after awhile.
Get it, you asshole. I need someone to play with. Its awesomely fun but I've been going solo for the last 12 levels.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: March 29, 2011, 08:35:16 PM »

The game doesn't have a lot of staying power at the moment, but you'll definitely get your $59.99 out of it.  You'll log more hours on this game than you do most others.

Edit: when I say staying power, I mean in terms of an MMORPG.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:45:06 PM by Parn » Logged
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:31 PM »

The game doesn't have a lot of staying power at the moment, but you'll definitely get your $59.99 out of it.  You'll log more hours on this game than you do most others.

Edit: when I say staying power, I mean in terms of an MMORPG.
This is the second game he got me to play and jumped ship on. Boy, if he does it when the Old Republic comes out (which I'm getting a WHOLE NEW PC for)...well lets just say I'll be on some military shit list.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2011, 10:04:32 PM »

Bitch please.  You took a break like I did.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2011, 10:17:49 PM »

Bitch please.  You took a break like I did.
YOU PLAYED FOR LIKE 2 WEEKS AND SAID "RAWR SHIT FROZE, NEXT" THEN NEVER CAME BACK.

Just know...dead me on Old Republic....you'll be calling me a fatass via a mini keyboard device attached to your life support system.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »

Lies are being told.  Not only did I come back with an active paying subscription and resume playing for a bit (we blasted through duos you nerd), but I even made a second character and played that for a few days.  Remember the sorcery character I was trying out?  You on the other hand, were busy playing your PSP while I was doing that and wouldn't login, so I haven't bothered either since then.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: