Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:56:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  DC Universe is neat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: DC Universe is neat.  (Read 24057 times)
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 04:14:02 AM »

Did you really just generalize PC gamers as cheaters?
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 04:15:03 AM »

Every last one of them :)

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2011, 04:21:26 AM »

Ok, some credit is deserved: how much cheating can you even DO on an MMO? Without being banned sooner than later?

Man, I thought this was supposed to be cross platform! And I thought they were supposed to release DualShock 3 drivers too, but I haven't heard anything about those.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2011, 02:26:02 PM »

Ok, some credit is deserved: how much cheating can you even DO on an MMO? Without being banned sooner than later?

Man, I thought this was supposed to be cross platform! And I thought they were supposed to release DualShock 3 drivers too, but I haven't heard anything about those.
There is a program you can use to run your Sixaxis controller on your PC, though idk if it's compatible with the dualshock controllers (had it for a while now) nor am I sure if DCUO supports controllers or not on pc (probably does...I mean, cmon). I'd link you to the website I got it from, but I got it from a buddy through email (he couldn't remember the site either). Only thing you need is to have the controller connected via usb, there's no bluetooth support for the program.

As for the cheaters on pc, I'm just bitter due to FFXI and it's mass of third party tools that make console players inept by comparison. Windower, apradar, more bots than I care to even look into, meanwhile I get to randomly disconnect during besiege and stop for five seconds after zoning into an area. In all fairness though, PS3 users will be cheating just as fast when given the option to do so, it's a guarantee.

TASTY!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2011, 03:34:53 PM »

I knew about the unofficial drivers, I just hoped for an official one that'd work more smoothly and maybe iron out some of the kings like going into search mode when unplugged and turning the PS3 on. That, and maybe an official one would mean support implanted into gamepad-centric games, thus giving me a choice between 360 and PS3 controllers as is appropriate.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2011, 07:49:56 AM »

I just wanted to say that Parn's dude looks like a more badass version of Kyle Rayner and makes me want to play.  Real Bad.  This sounds really awesome.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2011, 09:58:27 AM »

(Character still has short black hair and generic face)

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2011, 10:43:34 AM »

I just wanted to say that Parn's dude looks like a more badass version of Kyle Rayner

I can kind of see the lantern thing. But mostly, I'm getting total sidekick vibes.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2011, 12:29:40 PM »

Coincidence that this soon after launch, the PC version of Champions Online is going Free to Play?  I THINK NOT.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2011, 03:40:20 PM »

I just wanted to say that Parn's dude looks like a more badass version of Kyle Rayner

I can kind of see the lantern thing. But mostly, I'm getting total sidekick vibes.
Well, he is my heal slave when we duo up. I need to toss a screenshot of me up but the freaking screenshot feature on PS3 seems to work for only 1 game. I don't get how this is a sony title, yet it can't play music from your harddrive, or take in game screenshots, both functions that developers have to implement on their game.

/facepalm.

TASTY!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2011, 03:42:10 PM »

So is this game good or what
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2011, 04:45:50 PM »

It's like Diablo meets Grand Theft Auto. Fights are not terribly button mashy if you play it like an action game (Final Fight, Streets of Rage, etc) like blocking and rolling alot, range attacking, and power use when the time arises. Storyline is very superhero-ey, very cliche stuff, but it fits for DC, and it's relatively enjoyable. My only current complaint is that they feed you exp everywhere you go. I'm almost level 30 (cap) and have a bunch of missions to go through yet, not to mention alerts (instance dungeons), raids, duos, PvP stuff, and a bunch of other things to do, and they all give exp btw. Hell, even the regular enemies are in such bulk that killing them for a few minutes will give you some noticeable exp boosts. But other than that, it's a great game, plays well, controls solidly, plenty of content for a new MMO, and it's got Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill doing batman and the Joker's voice acting. Can't go wrong...just be sure to use a controller for PC, they combat controls otherwise are terrible. Hell, just get it for PS3, it's obviously designed for it.

TASTY!
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2011, 06:11:58 PM »

The best analogy I can come up with is that it's like playing Phantasy Star Online with the DC Universe IP, but on a much larger scale and with more involved combat.  You map commands on the controller just like you did with PSO, and it's pick-up-and-play just like that game was.

My nature character is healing oriented, but anyone can be a damage dealer.  You can swap modes with the press of two buttons.  Despite usually being in healer mode, by no means am I sitting back in the corner being bored and mashing heals only... actively participating in combat is integral to keeping your power bar up.  Beating Clayface solo last night was pimp.  The guy is way stronger than I am, but because of my ability to keep dodging his attacks thanks to my acrobatics movement abilities and some healing for when I'd make mistakes, I slowly but surely took him out.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:31 PM »

Are you serious, another MMO that requires a controller? Fuck I thought I was done with that shit with FF13.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »

14 my bad
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: