Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 01:59:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319060 Posts in 13031 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  DC Universe is neat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: DC Universe is neat.  (Read 22310 times)
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 06:24:14 PM »

That might be a valid comment if it weren't for the fact that this is an action game and not a traditional MMO.  It'd be like playing Devil May Cry 4 on PC.  I mean, you can play it with mouse and keyboard, but it's definitely not as intuitive as a controller.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 06:33:11 PM »

Thats a good point
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 06:39:23 PM »

What's funny is that this game is infinitely more pick-up-and-play and would seem like a shallow game, but manages to have way, way, WAY more content than Final Fantasy XIV.

One of the neat things you can do are these in-game races that test your platforming skills, especially if you take acrobatics as your movement power.  Fucking Christ, they get stupidly hard.  Acrobatics is the best movement power BTW.  D will lie to you and say that flight is better, but he is a crazy person.

Basically the game is full of feats to accomplish which are another way of saying achievement points, but every 100 points accumulated gets you an extra skill point to spend on movement or weapon powers.  It's pimp.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 06:43:20 PM »

Man I really want to play this now that sounds badass you can just jump around instead of flying

Is there a trial period or something
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 08:18:47 PM »

I tried to take out Bane last night at lvl. 8 and he kicked my ass as well as Killer Croc. I think I need better gear...or something.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2011, 09:36:18 PM »

If you can find someone who bought the collector's edition, they come with a free 10-day pass for the PC version.  I already gave my code to a friend, though he can't play with me since he's on the filthy PC servers.

Also, the Bane fight was fun.  I fought Sinestro earlier with D and we raped the place.  I'm now level 25.  Or was it 26?  Eh, whatever.  I need to go beat some more faces in.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 10:22:42 PM »

So, D and I were picking up cars and flaming park benches and kept flinging them at the Avatar of Sin for 800+ damage each time until he died.  It was comedy.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 04:39:31 AM »

So yeah, hit 30, still a pussy weakling compared to some of those freaks who play 24/7. I finished batman's storyline (it's pretty lulzy), and the video you're treated to afterwards is pretty decent. I unlocked challenge mode, which basically lets me do the old missions again solo with the enemies at level 30, and the gear drops are REALLY nice (I got nothing good for myself personally though). I've also noticed that basically, the first 30 levels are an introduction, cuz no matter how good you think you are, you're not ready for the rest of the game.

Eagerly awaiting new updates to see what stuff they're planning now.

TASTY!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 06:13:35 AM »

How is the end-game? Whats the max level?
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2011, 07:28:36 AM »

Level 30 is current cap.  You continue to build your character through feats like I mentioned earlier, so it's not like progression ends.  There's also a bunch of special armor to work towards, both in PvP and PvE content.  That's all I know so far for end-game since I haven't quite reached it yet.  Four more levels.

FYI, the developers said awhile ago in an interview that levels 1 through 30 are your character's "origin story" so they have some stuff planned for us.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:04 AM »

Anyone care to explain how i can change my weapon to something else.  I know you have to be at lv. 9 or something but i'm now at 11 and not sure how to do it.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 06:55:53 PM »

You need to spend a skill point on the initial skill in the weapon tree of the weapon type you wish to be able to use.  I started putting points in a new weapon set on my character recently, for the sake of getting certain innate traits (+15 restoration per point in dual pistols to make my heals more effective).
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 08:26:12 PM »

If you meant how to change your weapon's appearance without changing its stats, you do so in the Style menu.  Unless I'm mistaken, every new piece of armor and weapon you obtain adds it's appearance to your pool of interchangeable.. appearances.  So, you can obtain a newer, better weapon, equip it, but keep the appearance of your older, better looking weapon.

The funny thing is, I usually love hunting for gear for new appearances in other games, but in this case I was glad that I was able to keep my original one without sacrificing stats.  Now if I can just get a 2-handed sword...

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »

I am now level 30, but still have maintained the same exact look I did when I created my character.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2011, 01:06:56 AM »

Ahh, thanks for the tip. I suspected that i needed to spend a skill point but now I know. Cheers.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: