Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 03:40:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
341136 Posts in 13942 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  DC Universe is neat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: DC Universe is neat.  (Read 26366 times)
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2011, 02:35:55 AM »

I've been using the same baseball bat for the last 22 levels, and it will never leave my side unless I find a better looking baseball bat.

Btw, me and parn totally rape ass in this game. We took on Killer Frost with a bunch of people and watched as half of them died hopelessly quick, meanwhile I took all the punishment she could serve and parn kept everyone still alive in decent health. She died, it was beautiful.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2011, 11:15:13 PM »

I'm level 14 now and I recently took down Wonder Girl which was relatively easy.  I'm thinking I might start a hero character now.  I have yet to join other players for some quests.  It's a weird MMO...

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2011, 12:46:56 PM »

I modeled my hero after Nier, and I only found out today that DC actually made a three part comic for Nier.

It's fanboyish of me to entertain this thought, but there are "several Nier related things" in progress... why not some Nier episodes in DCUO? 

Level 11 so far, and I have heard that a 2H sword drops randomly in the Gorilla Island alert, which is lvl 14.  I haven't joined any of the auto-group things such as alerts or the PVP because the queues are long, and the whole thing is kind of vague to me.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2011, 03:11:23 PM »

Alerts are pretty much instance dungeons with a waiting list. When a spot opens up, next in line gets to enter. Only time it doesn't matter is when you form a group prior to entering and start an alert. You're then asked to choose your role for the instance and then wait til everyone has picked, then you can enter it immediately. After you get in, you get a bunch or little mini quests to d in the instance and fight a few bosses, with the last boss being super hard (ace chemicals alert comes to mind, chemo is beastly). The upside to the alerts is the gear that comes from completing them is nuts, the downside....stupid hard at times.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2011, 06:45:03 PM »

I lost gave up in Gorilla Island after an hour and half.  It felt so attainable at times... but seeing the broadcast message saying we are losing ground was very depressing.

Lots of loot the whole time, and only I seemed to know that you have to need or greed if you want to receive any haha.

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2011, 09:10:40 PM »

Party leaders can change the option of lotting between need before greed and greed before need, so people who aren't douchebags can simply lot if they need it or want it. as for the gorilla grodd alert, haven't done it myself, but I might try it out now.

On a side note, there's a HUGE exploit apparently available to brawling users. If you attack on the ground, you do regular damage, but if you're in flight mode, your damage triples. PVP purposes, it's obviously cheating, but outside it definitely will make some things easier...though it's still cheating. Figured I'd toss it along to you guys if you wanna try it out before it's pulled.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »

I tackled The Area 51 alert this evening with some people and it went pretty well although I didn't really get anything good. I also did some PVP Legends and managed to be on the losing team most of the time.  I'd really like to know what the update I downloaded was for because it obviously wasn't on performance.  The sound still cuts out sometimes and the quest/gear etc menu is still messed up.  I'm loving the game overall but after 2 weeks they should get on patching a few of the bugs.  I also started a new hero on the Killing Joke server.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 05:47:20 PM by Esper_Crusader » Logged

Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2011, 02:12:52 PM »

All the news and hype around the game makes me want to play... but I can't have another time sink in my life! Is everyone here on the PS3 servers?
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 07:18:16 PM »

Im on PS3, Crisis server with some personal friends.

This game has a ton of content.  Every MMO staple is accounted for too.  Its awesome.

Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2011, 04:10:22 AM »

Is there a free trial for the first month?

Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2011, 06:49:07 AM »

First month is free, and it includes a 10 day buddy pass to get your buddies hooked as well. And seeing as I'm posting anyway...

So I'm doing the endgame stuff(lol endgame) and I gotta say...it's hard and kinda boring. Alot of the coolness factor came from the fact that it took a lot of enemies to overwhelm you because you're a superhero, but in the endgame stuff it feels like a generic MMO, your huge group beating a couple of low tier enemies, and then dying 15-20 times to the boss of the area. It's losing a lot of the novelty now, feeling more like a chore to advance further. Also, not a lot, but there are still a bunch of issues with certain things, such as hate control. I play an ice tank and in most cases, I have no problems getting hate, but one certain class has bugged hate generation, controllers. No matter how much I throw out and try to get it, controllers pull it faster, harder, and better, cept they die quickly from it. Add on the lack of explanations for some of the skill descriptions, lack of information for getting the iconic battlesuits, and a number of other things, and I'm getting to a point where I'm getting annoyed. Hopefully, updates will give us more to do then simply continue doing the same old 6 quests a day and the the same 4 alerts I keep failing, but idk.

Game's still fun, just getting played out fast.

TASTY!
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2011, 07:01:47 AM »

I can't get the voice chat working:(

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2011, 01:51:26 PM »

First month is free, and it includes a 10 day buddy pass to get your buddies hooked as well. And seeing as I'm posting anyway...

So I'm doing the endgame stuff(lol endgame) and I gotta say...it's hard and kinda boring. Alot of the coolness factor came from the fact that it took a lot of enemies to overwhelm you because you're a superhero, but in the endgame stuff it feels like a generic MMO, your huge group beating a couple of low tier enemies, and then dying 15-20 times to the boss of the area. It's losing a lot of the novelty now, feeling more like a chore to advance further. Also, not a lot, but there are still a bunch of issues with certain things, such as hate control. I play an ice tank and in most cases, I have no problems getting hate, but one certain class has bugged hate generation, controllers. No matter how much I throw out and try to get it, controllers pull it faster, harder, and better, cept they die quickly from it. Add on the lack of explanations for some of the skill descriptions, lack of information for getting the iconic battlesuits, and a number of other things, and I'm getting to a point where I'm getting annoyed. Hopefully, updates will give us more to do then simply continue doing the same old 6 quests a day and the the same 4 alerts I keep failing, but idk.

Game's still fun, just getting played out fast.

This is a damn shame. Thanks for the warning.
Agent D.

"Mage"nt D.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2011, 01:58:41 PM »

I'd give it a month to see where the update info will take the game before I sink some money into an actual subscription, but if you can mess with a free trial, do so. It's still fun to play with, just don't start grinding early like I did.

TASTY!
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »

There was a system update yesterday, and suddenly my mic was working in-game.  My friend I was grouped with said "Do you have a Super Mario ringtone?" and I am thinking "how the fuck do you know that?"  As it turns out, my mic was broadcasting all audio from my room to him.  I wonder what other things I did or said.

I tweaked the sensitivity in game and it works great now.  Push-to-Talk seems to be a major issue for console gaming, but voice chat is going to make grouping a completely different experience.

I am still loving this game.  I put a point into Dual Pistols for the crit bonus, so when I'm just chatting I'll completely change my appearance and use the guns for fun.  I am impressed by how much style gear I've obtained naturally.

I still need a 2H sword though.  It better exist!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: