Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:30:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  DC Universe is neat.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print
Author Topic: DC Universe is neat.  (Read 24834 times)
Zyco
Hope I'm not the old guy!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2011, 08:27:59 AM »

game seems to only have content to provide the experienced MMO player with maybe 2 months of content - which sadly seems to be par with new releases.  I will download and play this again on my PS3 for sure.. I found it plays better with the PS3 controller than mouse and keyboard.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2011, 04:48:39 PM »

On an unrelated issue, Liz wrote that:
"...Players can play as Superman, Batman, The Joker ..."
As far as I know, you can play as custom clones, but you cant actually play as THE characters. Not really a big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

NOW PLAYING:
Final Fantasy XIII: The time has come...
Edna & Harvey: The Breakout: Its...Odd...
One Finger Death Punch: F*ck Yeah! - The game
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2011, 06:39:12 PM »

Actually, you CAN play as those characters.  But only in specific PvP arenas.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2011, 08:39:17 PM »

Honestly, I felt the same way as Maxximus when I read it.  I know about the PvP character selection, but why say that?

It's like saying you can play as Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2011, 12:18:22 AM »

Because the press release didn't specify there (that it was PvP only). That's why.

And I haven't played DCUO, so.

It's like saying you can play as Sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7.

Exaggerate much?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 12:26:58 AM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: September 22, 2011, 10:02:54 AM »

Sorry.  I couldn't think of another example that worked.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: September 22, 2011, 10:11:01 AM »

If you want someone to blame, blame the PR and press releases, since the news items are based off those.

Either way, it's a moot point. Playing as the Superheros are fun, but it's using your own character that's the actual point - and meat - of the game. Having Superman call you for help is much more awesome than just playing as Superman. My ex-girlfriend would be like "WTF?" and I would say "Yeah, Superman just called. He needs my help."

I'm important.

Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: September 22, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »

If you want someone to blame, blame the PR and press releases, since the news items are based off those.

Heh, I was actually just trying to be helpful. Wasn't really looking for someone to blame since I'm not really bothered by it, just threw it out there in case someone thought it was worth correcting.

NOW PLAYING:
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »

So it's officially 'free to play" including a free download off PSN as of Nov. 1.  I'm hopping back in I guess.  Anyone else give a rats' ass about this game anymore?? :\

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2011, 11:43:47 AM »

So it's officially 'free to play" including a free download off PSN as of Nov. 1.  I'm hopping back in I guess.  Anyone else give a rats' ass about this game anymore?? :\

The thread only reached nine pages since its been made, so Id say interest on these forums is pretty low, especially considering how many pages all the other big MMO topics have. This free to play deal has me interested though, assuming this is world wide, or at least made it to Europe, I may actually look into it today.

NOW PLAYING:
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: November 03, 2011, 04:46:43 PM »

So, I finally downloaded the 15+ gigs, installed it, gave it a go. All I have to say is: holy crap, is this game broken.

The EU servers can't seem to handle the strain, even getting it to log in was a pain because I kept running into a screen that said I have an invalid subscription and have to log into the PSN. Even the forums ware down when I tried to check what was going on. Once I finally managed to access them, they turned out to be pretty useless. Eventually I managed to log in and play. Everything seemed OK during the Braniac ship tutorial instance, but once I got to Gotham it was a mess. Major lag, people asking on chat why they aren't doing any damage, a friend of mine telling me he keeps falling through the floor. I had a little run through the streets of Gotham and, apart from the first area where a few players and some laggy mobs hung out, it was completely empty. Nothing loaded, every once in a while I would take some damage out of thin air, but other than that, the place seemed deserted. I'd understand if this was a beta, but this game has been out for nearly a year now.
Ah well, at least its free, though some people are probably still on subscriptions which would suck right about now. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:51:03 PM by Maxximum » Logged

NOW PLAYING:
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: November 03, 2011, 05:33:52 PM »

They don't have the infrastructure in place to handle the massive influx of people wanting to play, now that it's free.
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: November 06, 2011, 06:28:49 AM »

The game has been running fine for the last few days, so it seems like the problems caused by the surge of new players appears to be sorted. I don't have all that much time to play, but from the few hours I clocked on it, I can say that its made a good impression on me so far. I like the action orientated combat, it makes a nice change from the hot-key MMOs I'm used to. Planing to put a few more hours in, and if I like it enough, I might even spend some cash to upgrade my account.

NOW PLAYING:
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »

I have been giving it a try as well.  Im a little dissapointed in the only 6 powers thing, since none of them really strike my itch (save maybe gadgets).  I havn't tried sorcery or nature yet.  I like the vast amount of weapon choices..so far I like hand blasts the best.  Finding it hard to design a character though, plenty of options, I just suck at it I think.  I just dont wanna do the typical "Oh haey lets pick black and red and now were KEWL".  I want something kinda uniqueish, but lol ><.  Anywho, havn't done a ton with it yet, but its not bad.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: November 08, 2011, 02:49:16 PM »

Actually, Powers, Weapons and the movement ability all have their own skill trees.So, in a sense, all of them are "Powers".

NOW PLAYING:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: