Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 01, 2014, 08:00:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330116 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Contact
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Contact  (Read 6140 times)
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 12:24:09 AM »

^ That's interesting, as I've read in a review that the music is bad. Forgot where, but I'm sure it was bias towards 8/16-bit music, on their part.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2006, 01:48:02 AM »

I was able to beat the 2nd boss on my 2nd try and it really is not that bad. Besides grinding... this is how I did it.

a) buy lots and lots of potions
b) remain close to the core thingy
c) use your special skills on the boss for some quick damage. If you use sword, learn double strike at least. It helps.

That is how I wind up succesful and if you did do it that way and no luck, well don't give up yet.

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2006, 09:19:08 PM »

I think the music in Contact is awesome. The DS isn't exactly known for having the greatest sound chip, but the score makes the most out of it. Yeah there's some 8 and 16 bit music, but there is music (like the title theme) that suggests 32 bit and the digitized voices during the "play with Mochi" song are clear.

And some of the best video game music came from the 16 bit era.

And by the way, TBD, I used your strategy on the 2nd boss and managed to defeat him.  I used all 8 of my potions, though, but it was worth it.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: October 28, 2006, 09:35:58 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"

Oh yeah, the music in the game is really freaking good.  Some of the best music I've heard in a DS title.  The DS isn't known for having the greatest sound chip, but Contact's audio milks it for all its worth.

I'm going to have to nominate Advance Wars DS for the best DS music. That I've heard in a DS game so far anyways. I also like Animal Crossing's soundtrack.

From most reviews I read, Contact got not so good ratings in the sound department.

I'd like to check this game out, but Children of Mana is just around the corner and I'm busy with Devil Summoner. :/

"Oh, a hunter..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: