Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 22, 2014, 09:39:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
337990 Posts in 13836 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Contact
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Contact  (Read 6309 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2006, 07:41:55 PM »

I know some editors weren't all that impressed with it, but looking elsewhere I've seen positive impressions of the game, and I enjoyed Grasshoper's last game, Killer 7. Anyone else interested at all in this?

Edit: Oh, and it's coming out soon, sometime in September it seems.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:14:51 PM »

I'm interested in this game.

Someone who played the import said it was short though.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Fallen

Hitoshura+Chaos
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:34:47 PM »

Sep 19th, I believe.

I'm mildly looking forward to it, not because I'm only mildly interested in it, but because there are so many games coming out this fall.  Mainly though I'm interested in it because 1)It's for the DS and 2)It seems really original, something I think alot of RPGs are lacking sorely as of late.

Other than that I can't say much. =x
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 12:50:16 PM »

I'm keeping an eye on it.  I too have been hearing mixed things about it so I would like to wait for the reviews to come out.  Of course by then I won't be able to find the game since it is Atlus.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

I was really really interested in this game and then I read the back cover and it convinced me to buy it the day it comes out.  It sounds amazing!  It's also Wifi Compatible.

"Things you WON'T find in Contact:
A dull moment.  Normalcy.  A guy with spikey hair and/or amnesia.  Dramatic monologues.  The same battles you've been fighting since the 16-bit era.

Things you WILL find in Contact:
Monkeys.  Cosmic terrorists.  Powerful attack stickers.  Fishing.  Cooking.  Humor.  Fun with Nintendo WiFi.  Deeper meaning in life *.  Costumes that increase your power and make you more fun to be around.

*Results may vary."

That made me want the game REALLY badly.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 05:07:43 AM »

Quote from: "Morridor"
I was really really interested in this game and then I read the back cover and it convinced me to buy it the day it comes out.  It sounds amazing!  It's also Wifi Compatible.

"Things you WON'T find in Contact:
A dull moment.  Normalcy.  A guy with spikey hair and/or amnesia.  Dramatic monologues.  The same battles you've been fighting since the 16-bit era.

Things you WILL find in Contact:
Monkeys.  Cosmic terrorists.  Powerful attack stickers.  Fishing.  Cooking.  Humor.  Fun with Nintendo WiFi.  Deeper meaning in life *.  Costumes that increase your power and make you more fun to be around.

*Results may vary."

That made me want the game REALLY badly.

Danny

http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/4051/boxartpy1.jpg
The boxart is awesome!

Mod: I'm sure it's awesome. But it's also huge. Link plz, not embed.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 05:10:32 AM »

Not to plug the rival's site, but RPGamer has a nice, insanely huge version of that cover for those that care to see it in more detail then they'll get with the actual case. :P
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 09:04:16 PM »

Seems it's been delayed to October.

Great, as if that period wasn't overrun with games enough as it is. :P
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 09:29:15 PM »

I've been debating this for some time. I remember first hearing about it, when Mother fans were speculating if the professor in the game, was indeed Dr. Andonuts. That wasn't the case.

The Nintendo DS has been getting a lot of interesting RPGs, and this title is of no exception. It doesn't excite me, necessarily, but it's probably going to be one of those games that disppear in a short amount of time.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2006, 12:37:02 AM »

Kup,

Not to stray off topic, but I'm with you on Trace Memory. It was my second Nintendo DS game that I bought. It was way on the short side, but what a story. It set the perfect mood. And it wasn't an action game either.

I feel compelled to give more Nintendo DS RPGs a shot, as many of them are unique in their own way. Contact is one of them.
CluelessWonder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2006, 11:59:42 AM »

I'm a Trace Memory lover too.  I'm eagerly awaiting Cing's next game:  Hotel Dusk.  

On topic, I'm still interested in Contact.

Currently Playing:  Brave Story:  New Traveler, various ios games

Currently Reading: 

Recently Beat: Shivah, Tales of the World:  Radiant Mythology, Thief
Extwin

imlzeronx
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2006, 09:50:34 PM »

I love Atlus because they localize some of the coolest games that night have been overlooked by other large publishers. I hate them beacuse they make microscopic print runs of their games. I've learned over the years that you almost have to pre-order an Atlus-published game, its almost like making a blind commitment based on the publisher. Contact looks neat, but I'm just not sure I am gonna have the funds. I've made the mistake of waiting too long and having to miss a cool game and paying too much for it later with disgaea. I made the mistake of buying a game I didn't enjoy at all with metal saga. Although I must say I've been far happier on a consistent basis with rpgs that were published by Atlus as a whole though, so I guess it IS almost worth it to preorder even if you are sort of unsure of weather you will like the game. I mean you should at least be able to sell it on ebay later for some money back ;)

Mostly lurks, with good reason
Obviously, I'm a genius...The Darkrider said so
Me: So, Mom, where are you going in the U.K.?
Mom: Ware
Me: Yeah, where?
Mom: No, Ware.... W-A-R-E
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2006, 09:52:06 PM »

You should be safe for a week or two at least - you can just order online, and wait to hear what people who rush to buy it ASAP (like me, hopefully) have to say.

Plus games like Metal Saga and Steambot Chronicles are still on EB's site last I checked.
Morridor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2006, 01:04:28 AM »

I just figured this out.  If I am to get every game that I want all the way through Christmas, I will have to spend a little over $1000 on new games!  This is insane.  I'm going to buy only essential games like Contact and make my family buy me the rest for Christmas.

Danny

Yeah, this signature was way too spammy.
TurnBasedDude
Ys Man
Rainbow Club Member

hotshot562@hotmail.com Alcazard0 emmy_sols
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2006, 08:56:15 PM »

I sometimes enjoy a good quirky RPG and looks like Contact will deliver that. Sure I love some of the cliche stuff if it is done right, but once in a while it is nice to play something different in the genre like Shin Megami Tensei being that there are not many mature RPG's like those. I also love the description of the back cover and that too got me interested in the game. At first when my friend gave me just the pic of the back cover; I thought it was a joke, but it is legit so horrah. I got a lot of things to save and spend on the next too months (like the Wii), but since it is published by Atlus, I may go snag it quickly sometime after it's out or right away. I

Xbox Gamertag: Gig01
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Zapper101
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: