Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 08:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334522 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  superior autobiographical memory
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: superior autobiographical memory  (Read 875 times)
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 19, 2010, 08:52:10 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/12/16/60minutes/main7156877.shtml
People that have an ability to remember almost every day of their lives.
It sounds like a possible plot device for an anime or video game about an evil government bent on world domination.
I'd hate to have it since I already have a slightly hard time suppressing shock images.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 01:33:21 AM »

I'd hate to have it since I already have a slightly hard time suppressing shock images.

If you're not looking at shock images for fun your internet-fu is weak.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 02:34:12 AM »

If you're not looking at shock images for fun your internet-fu is weak.

Not for fun, mostly just occasionally reading ED.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 03:16:40 AM »

Is it really that special? I don't remember the dates, but I remember a lot of other things. I use is mainly to scare the shit out of people. Like saying the subtitles of an old cartoon out loud before they appear on the screen. Like that one time we got together for a Martian Successor Nadesico marathon in the summer of 2003. We watched some Transformers the next day. It was the episode with the timebomb. I was wearing a black skirt, a white blouse and simple black sandals. It was very hot that day. We went to the town to do some shopping earlier and my feet were still sore from the heat. Anyway, I remembered some of the subtitles.

I can also tell people what they ate when they were with me. I can tell you what I paid for practically all my PlayStation games.

Alundra, bought in the summer of 2001, I paid 30 guilders for it together with Parasite Eve and the Parasite even Eve strategy guide. Shipping was kind of expensive though. 21 guilders. Yikes. Anyway, I was at camp when it came in. Weather was rather lousy those days. The first day was blargh and rainy .I went to the indoor swimmingpool with a friend. I wore my blue swimsuit. I was a much faster swimmer than him because he only had the first two diplomas. Dinner was lousy that evening. Knakworst and bread. I ate an egg on bread instead. It was slightly better the next day and  The third day the weather was much better. We spend the day lazing about. I made a bracelet for one of the boys. He insisted on a pink one. He was colourblind btw. Other people went swimming in the lake and some paddled to a little island. They only found poison ivy and a dead duck. The last day was rainy again. Some people stayed up all night. I woke up early. We took pictures of people as they came out of their tents all sleepy. I also got my cat on the final day. She was mewing all the way home.

Oh, were was I? Ah yes, Arc the Lad. €120, just a few months after it came out. I bought it online from nedgame.com. Free shipping, yay! Sadly, the discs didn't work all that well with my PSone. Lots of trouble.

Breath of III I got from Huls. I loved that store! It was 60 guilders. I remember which shelve it was on.

I got Breath of IV on 8 september 2001 in Utrecht. I don't remember the name of the store, but I know it was in the Gildekwartier. There's a E-plaza now. The game was 60 guilders. I bought it around 2PM. It was the last one. The store had a seperate shelve for PSone RPG's.

I'll stop.

Edit: Looking at my bookshelves, I think I can do the same with my 1570 volumes of manga.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 06:35:37 AM by Tomara » Logged
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2010, 12:10:14 PM »

I'm the opposite.  I could just about be a hero in a video game, I remember so little of my life.

And I've never even done drugs!

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2010, 12:21:52 PM »

I don't even know what I had for breakfast last Friday.
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »

I had two slices of toast with 'hagelslag'.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »

Sounds like a terribly useful ability. Like most people, I need landmarks in my memory to be able to remember anything from a specific date.

You'd make an excellent eye witness for something Tomara!

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2010, 02:30:36 AM »

Well, not really. I have a hard to remembering and recognizing faces. Sometimes I hardly recognise myself in the mirror. I'm also terrible at remembering random numbers and the like, so license plates are out as well.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2010, 08:53:33 AM »

Congratulation, you may have http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosopagnosia
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 09:50:17 AM »

Yeah, I know. I figured it out a couple of years ago. I never got a confirmation, but it's not like there is anything that can be done about it, so... yeah.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: