Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 12:24:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338627 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Square Enix iOS Games on Sale
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Square Enix iOS Games on Sale  (Read 2220 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 05:44:30 PM »

God of War Hero of Sparta II played surprisingly well as did the Spiderman game.

Unsurprisingly, both of those were made by the same company. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 11:26:27 PM »

God of War Hero of Sparta II played surprisingly well as did the Spiderman game.

Unsurprisingly, both of those were made by the same company. :)

Note! One was ported over, one was freshly made for the platform!

It may also have to do with Earthworm Jim not really being all that great of a game. It had more actual personality than a lot of other 16-bit platformers, but I recall being pretty bored by the first even when I was young and easier to please.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 11:44:32 PM »

Hah! I was looking at Hero of Sparta some time ago, and was wondering when they ported God of War to the iPhone. ;)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2010, 04:17:29 AM »

Hah! I was looking at Hero of Sparta some time ago, and was wondering when they ported God of War to the iPhone. ;)

Gameloft pretty much specializes in shamelessly blatant, yet well made copies. Mostly useful in that the original developers/publishers themselves either aren't present on the platform or do a shitty jobs themselves, I think the closest I've seen to the original publisher showing them up is Chaos Ring providing a solid, highend JRPG before Gameloft did with Eternal Legacy, and with a more interesting premise to boot.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2010, 02:50:11 PM »

Yeah, Chaos Rings is better than Eternal Legacy.  (Well, that's my opinion, having played both, but Bryan's reviewing Eternal Legacy - you can see his far more detailed opinion when the review's out.)

And Gameloft... they rip stuff off like nobody else.  But they don't make any bones about it, and I can appreciate that.  They said "Hey, we like Uncharted.  We should make it on the iPod!"  Then they made Uncharted. :D  (It just came out - can't remember the name.)  Their voicework and stories aren't the best, but they're good at gameplay, graphics, and controls.  I'm a fan of their work in general.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 12:30:15 PM »

I'm curious if they are going to bring over any older snes games to the ipod....

Currently Playing-The Evil Within
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2010, 01:14:03 PM »

Considering the platform is viewed as direct competition with Nintendo's handhelds, very unlikely for most games.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: