Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 03:24:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
318917 Posts in 13029 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys Remakes on PSP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ys Remakes on PSP  (Read 1910 times)
Anime & RPGl and

View Profile

Ignore
« on: December 21, 2010, 03:46:58 PM »

I have to say I am very impressed at the quality of the two recent Ys remakes for the PSP (so glad I kept this machine...hope the machine quailty holds up though). Anyway does anyone know if there will be a "Premium Edition" of Ys I & II for the PSP or only a standard version? Thanks.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 03:54:26 PM »

There's going to be a "Premium Edition" for Chronicles, you just have to wait a little more for more details. The only thing that is sure to come with the Premium Edition is a Musical Selections CD, and Ys I&II Chronicles have the best music in the series so... can't wait for that!

EDIT:

We plan to do what we can. It's already been stated on our Facebook that Chronicles likely will NOT have a full-on LE set... BUT, it WILL have a pre-order bonus of some sort, and the pre-order bonus WILL come in a box that finishes off the spine art for the three games.

As for Sora no Kiseki, we're discussing that now, and we think we've come up with something really awesome. We just need to make sure we have the budget for it.

-Tom

I totally forgot about this. Either way there's something to look forward to, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 04:06:43 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »

I have to say I am very impressed at the quality of the two recent Ys remakes for the PSP (so glad I kept this machine...hope the machine quailty holds up though). Anyway does anyone know if there will be a "Premium Edition" of Ys I & II for the PSP or only a standard version? Thanks.

If you want to be pedantic there haven't been any remakes, just ports of remakes. To be slightly less pedantic however Ys Seven isn't a port OR remake, it's an entirely new game for the PSP.

And... yeah, Yggdrasil answered the question, better than I would have actually.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 12:30:20 AM »

Based listening to a little music from 1 and 2 on youtube, I agree and would like to get a soundtrack opposed to something else with it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAnScoJJ0WY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGKkB1leUMo
Part of me wishes we got chronicles first.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 01:08:22 AM »

Eek. I just looked up the Chronicles version of Palace of Solomon, which is one of my favorite songs from Ys 2, and while it's not bad, it doesn't really do much for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pzz7buCRyM&feature=related
I usually love Spanish guitars, but somehow I feel like all the energy has been drained from this version. Plus the rhythm gets kind of cheesy in some parts. D:

I much prefer the original, Turbo CD one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjM3nEyvl-4&feature=related
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 03:10:51 AM »

Some people feel that happened with Oath's Valestein Castle as well, that it didn't have the power of the original.

I think they're both fine songs.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2010, 11:40:44 AM »

^ Really? I thought Oath's Valestain Castle was a great retake. It sounded very epic and helps make that part so fun and high energy.
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 01:51:04 PM »

Hilarious new trailer for Ys Chronicles I & II. Also according to Kotaku, every launch copy of the game will include a soundtrack CD with over 20 tracks from both games.

Trailer:
http://kotaku.com/5715987/this-classic-rpg-series-revels-in-its-hair-metal-roots
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 02:07:49 PM »

I'm not sure about the "bump" attack system but there's no denying that that game just looks fun as hell.

Bless Xseed for bringing this over.

Saviour

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 02:37:25 PM »

I was really hoping for a sale for either remakes on PSN, but I'll settle for one of PSP2 or VC2. Still deciding.

Finished RPG Count: 90
ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 04:12:38 PM »

I never played YS games before, but gameplay videos do look cool. Maybe I should start with this one.
Man, too many great releases next yer.

TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2010, 12:02:16 AM »

Yeah I've been getting these, they are very good.  I'm  really looking forward to Chronicles because I even liked the DS version that people don't like, so how much more will I like the real version?  Wouldn't be surprsied if it winds up being my favorite cause Ys 2 is awesome

liked seven more than oath btw
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2011, 04:09:31 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8VbVvo-Yq8

Dat soundtrack.
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2011, 09:09:20 AM »

I want a full remake of Ys IV & V...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
beach1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2011, 07:17:22 PM »

I want a full remake of Ys IV & V...

Me too. Something like what they did with 3's remake would be great.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: