Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:41:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319738 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Collectibles (fancy saying for plastic junk we must have)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Collectibles (fancy saying for plastic junk we must have)  (Read 3696 times)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 03:56:04 PM »

I'm mostly stuffed toys and other trinkets, paintings, and boxes to jazz up a room.  I used to collect apple seeds.

Major Higgins - plush pup
Lt. Whisky - plush funnybunny
Captain Honey - plush bear
Sgt. Joe - plush duck (had to get it the helmet too)

There's a few anime figures I'd love to get, but my conscious says "you're geeky enough and those are deal breakers for having friends - don't do it".  I do have a Moogle plush though, and the Ezio Ass Creed PVC included.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 04:22:37 PM »

I like artbooks but considering that I can buy a game for the same price I don't buy many. That's all I got.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2010, 05:48:30 PM »

I have... about four or five of McFarlane's dragon series toys. Still in their plastic casings, I got them when I was younger and wasn't into displaying toys so right now they're still packed away.

Mostly collect the little knick knacks that people give me. Anything as small as a wire bent into a heart shape to something as big as a quilted duvet. Don't display all of them. I tell myself that one day I'll be able to just leave 'em all behind. Throw them away. Makes it too easy to live in the past sometimes.

I collect little dolls and soft toys. People usually give them to me although some things are just too damn cute to resist buying. Like Dice and Starmongoose, I also name some of them.

Larry - PG Tips Christmas Monkey
Rosseau - Teddy Bear, named after Jean-Jacques Rosseau
Cupid - A VooDoo brand doll.
Mirabelle - Tiny cow plush thingy.

Hats, too. I buy hats that intrigue me- naturally I wear them to reflect different moods if I feel like it. Keep them all around. It's a small collection. About eight lovely hats strong and growing! I'm looking to get a sombrero one of these days, maybe the next time I drop into the States.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2010, 05:57:32 PM »

Scruffy, Brian Snailton III and Megawaddles gathered round the Christmas tree wearing their woolly hats. Except for Brian, who is playing the character of Scrooge.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2010, 06:12:29 PM »

Is that a mini fiber optic tree?

Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2010, 06:13:47 PM »

Yeah, we neither had the room nor the money in our old flat for a larger one :P

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2010, 06:22:39 PM »

'Tis a fine tree

Here's our setup at +1's place (I'm rezing from the haps thread)

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2010, 06:25:48 PM »

Scruffy, Brian Snailton III and Megawaddles gathered round the Christmas tree wearing their woolly hats. Except for Brian, who is playing the character of Scrooge.

Are those hats from the Innocent smoothie bottles?! I put mine on my Toy Story Woody doll and a FP bear. :D

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2010, 06:28:11 PM »

Are those hats from the Innocent smoothie bottles?! I put mine on my Toy Story Woody doll and a FP bear. :D

:O YES! They are! 10 points to Gryffindor!

'Tis a fine tree

Here's our setup at +1's place (I'm rezing from the haps thread)

I love Christmas lights, they never fail to make a room look cosy!

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2010, 03:48:57 AM »

Let's see, Ive got...

A set of Okage: Shadow King figures. They're standing proudly in the living room.

A complete set of Saint Seiya capsule toys. Shun looks like a ballerina and falls over all the time :(

A Timcanpy plush. It's extremely adorable. Oh, and I have a small Lavi figure as well. He guards my bookshelves together with Timcanpy.

A small Tenebrae plush that came with my reviewcopy of Tales of Symphonia 2.

And, of course, a Slime controller! Slimes are great. I love slimes! A friend of mine made a little 8-bit pixel painting of a slime for me.
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2010, 07:01:12 AM »

I'm a hoarder. I collect everything.

I even collected train tickets I used for a decade. Tossed them all out a few years ago.

Current big collections:

--Video Games
--Game/Anime Figures
--Manga

Though, I haven't bought any figures/manga recently. Haven't watched any anime in like 6 months.

Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2010, 08:12:24 AM »

I have a medium sized comic book collection (two full longboxes, one full small box, a shelf of graphic novels and another box of graphic novels at home). I think I'm somewhere around ~1000 single issues at this pont, though I'be gotten rid of some things in the last year.

Poetry. I have several bookshelves filled with books of poetry mostly. Everything from contemporary to the official verse canon to stuff in translation to handmade chapbooks. I grew a little sad when I realized I had read the majority of them at this point.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2010, 09:48:37 AM »

I used to be real big into comics.  I still have a small stack of single issues, maybe like 100-200.  Mostly DC.  Mostly Nightwing, Azrael and Young Justice.  Ah, I miss those days.

I guess books count, eh?  I have a pretty nice and growing library.  Mostly contemporary (20th century on) novels.  Bits of poetry here and there.  A couple plays.

It isn't so big now, but I've got a budding collection of music (CD and Vinyl).  I've got maybe 20 LPs/EPs/Singles and about 25 CDs of Hip-Hop, Jazz and some-kind-of-electric-music-whose-genre-I-don't-know.

My collection seems real boring compared to others though.  I recently cut my hair after letting it grow for almost 2 years and it feels weird and I actually miss my old hair but I was thinking about starting a collection of hats.  But I don't want boring old caps and stuff, I want to get some nice hats.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2010, 10:36:14 AM »

I only collect music-related textbooks. I'm building a collection I hope to fill two book shelves. So far I've probably dropped over $500+ on it, and still have a far way to go. Also, yes I read them, not just collect them. :p

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 23, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »

Each new post reminds me I have some other collection I forgot to mention. Thanks Azrael.

Vinyl. I have about 100 records, all from original Beatles records to Animal Collective.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: