Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 11:21:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334814 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Collectibles (fancy saying for plastic junk we must have)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Collectibles (fancy saying for plastic junk we must have)  (Read 3849 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »

Forbidden Planet is my favorite comic shop in NYC. It's also dangerously close to the company I work for (like a five minute walk).

We have a FP megastore in London too, though it's not as close to my flat or hang-outs as I wish. :(

I live in the middle of nowhere and the nearest comicbook store is 1,5 hours by bus and train from here. So, I order most of my books online and rummage through the bargain bins at animeconventions.

I have a small collection of graphic novels too. My brother collects proper comics but he's mostly into mainstream dc (Batman, Superman, Justice whatever-they-are-now). The only ones I still actively collect right now are "Umbrella Academy", "Unwritten" and "Fables". My other comics are just older TPs.

I buy TP's once in a while as well, but it's easier just to borrow them from other people. I lend them manga (and Criminal Minds boxsets) in return. I've got some random graphic novels enthusiasts would consider essentials. Like, uhm... Blankets, Tamara Drewe and Bone (the ultra affordable one volume edition). Oh, but you know what I really like? Beasts of Burden. It's basically about pets taking on satanic cults and the artwork is awesome.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 02:24:56 PM »

Oh, but you know what I really like? Beasts of Burden. It's basically about pets taking on satanic cults and the artwork is awesome.

That looks amazing!

Heading down to FP tomorrow, incidentally. Gotta keep a good hold on my purse strings but there's always money for books and comics. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 06:06:16 PM »

Jack Frost!

Side of box.

Back.

Front.

Then he broke free.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2011, 07:14:11 PM »

I need more japanese stuff. It looks cool.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 02:59:34 PM »

I collect:

-All Rurouni Kenshin Manga/Anime
-Berserk Manga
-110 Video Game Soundtracks
-About 500 Video games

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2011, 02:15:27 PM »

I collect comics, games, and simpsons figurines...and dvd's if that counts.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

I want that Haro from the first page...MUST HAS!

I collect the occasional thing here and there.  I guess the biggest "collection" is books, but I just read alot of the DnD novells, mostly forgotten realms and eberron, and various videogame based novels like dragon age, mass effect.  Some star wars and steampunk novels as well.  And some Shannara stuff.  Also have alot of Star Wars TPBs and other TBPs such as Walking Dead, Umbrella Academy, Dead @17, etc.

I have a blood elf paladin figure, a hand forged katana I got off a swordsmith on ebay, nice quality, guy has a forge in china make them.  Was able to pick it up for about 80 before the priced jumped to near 200.  And yes I know the difference between the crappy bleach swords and the real deal, I also have a revoltech hikaru's valkyrie movie edition figure.

Obviously this is more in between, since the steel quality isn't as high, but the craftmanship is superb, and it can cut through bamboo without warping like the cheap stuff does.  Some random asian esque boxes and dragon statues and artwork in frames.  Some 2 posters from the bioshock 2 CE and a gamestop Bioshock poster for the midnight release..might be a picture in the photo thread from back when that launched. 

I also play Magic the Gathering so I do have those, though I dunno if I really collect so much as just play..*shrug*.  Id say movies and videogames, but I really tend to rent since I don't have alot of cash, though my dvd collection is somewhat big, have all the futurama boxsets, both clone wars seasons, bunch of sci fi/horror/fantasy movies.  I have like 3 anime dvds, I tend to not be able to afford the few series box sets I really enjoy.

I did used to have some cool things, like a voice command R2D2 but I had to sell that :(.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2011, 01:15:59 PM »

Want....

SO BAD

http://kotaku.com/5748399/the-ps3-slim-now-comes-in-silver
Yoda
Son of Dad