Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:28:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334515 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Avatar Topic
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: The Avatar Topic  (Read 3560 times)
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2010, 09:37:57 AM »

Mine's a self-portrait I did a few months back while experimenting with ink-and-brush techniques.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2010, 10:08:46 AM »

BOFIII and IV are my favorite games in the series. I always loved the animation and art in BOFIV, so I chose this GIF of Ryu. I've had this as my avatar for a while now, actually. I think it's time for a change. It's just too cool.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2010, 10:47:08 AM »

Funzo makes playtime fun!

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »

BOFIII and IV are my favorite games in the series. I always loved the animation and art in BOFIV, so I chose this GIF of Ryu. I've had this as my avatar for a while now, actually. I think it's time for a change. It's just too cool.

I'm happy you actually like the art and animation - to me it was  one of the big draws to me - a pretty world, vividly and fluidly drawn

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2010, 02:08:10 PM »

I'm p. much stuck with this avatar forever
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2010, 04:07:32 PM »

My avatar is from the Daredevil series when Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev were doing the book. Specifically, it's from the scene when the press outed Matt Murdock as Daredevil in the press.

Daredevil is my favorite superhero. Out of all of them, he's the most human and his stories tend to revolve around his dual-identity as a lawyer and a vigilante, as well as his personal relationships. I like him so much that I bought the entirety of the series (like 130+ issues) and make it a point to read them once a year.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Perley
Gunslinger Extraordinare

You feelin' lucky, punk

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2010, 04:59:43 PM »

Clint Eastwood (obviously) from man with no name westerns. If I were a man from the wild west, I'd be him.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2010, 08:48:07 PM »

A Christmas version of my regular avatar. Someone on these boards with the ability to do so added the cap for me several years back. I don't think she posts anymore. I don't even remember her name.
I just like creepy hooded Lordy looking dudes, I guess. Before becoming GrimReality at the switch over, I was LordofShadows for years.
This is odd, as I am scared to death of death.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Alexander
Easy Bake Covenant

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2010, 09:48:05 PM »

Been going with "Dream" from Neil Gaiman's famous Sandman comic book.  Would like a change but I feel it identifies me on the board as I've kept it for quite a while.

I've only read the first three trades of Sandman but Dream is such a well drawn/written character I can't help but feel magnetized to him.  Such a cool cat!

Behold, the greatest taco in the history of the world! http://tacostothelimit.ytmnd.com/
[Previously known as Miilou Suede]
acornthief.tumblr.com
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2010, 09:53:31 PM »

I stole my avvy from a J-series Amagami. I'm never a real fan of Japanese-anime-romances... I find them largely archetypical except in a few rare and pretty decent instances.  This is Kaoru.  I think she's gorgeous.  How often do you see a character in anime-land with curly hair?  I think she pulls it off and comes off as much more unique, not only amongst the remaining cast.  She's also popular for a scene where our main-nit-wit kisses her naval, a unique instance, where it isn't some peck on the cheek or "childhood promise" that bonds the two.

Well, that certainly satisfied my curiousity...among other things.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »

Dice:

My avatar was originally that creepy-ass chair from Star Ocean 4. The one with the face that looks like it's about to rape the cute little android girl sitting on it. I made it my avatar because that chair was awesome.

then in another thread I'm just like shit let's all make our avatars be Macha, and decided to shop Macha's face onto the chair because Macha is awesome.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 01:16:22 PM »

One of the many faces of Lucifer. That particular one is from Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne. :)
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 01:32:37 PM »

Mine is Pearls.  She's also my staff avatar.  She's that awesome.  The Ace Attorney games have really been some of the best experiences I've had with my DS.  Mike (our graphics guy) made me this special avatar with my board name.  I doubt I'll ever change it.  Seriously, Pearls needs her own spin off game. :-P

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 02:33:38 PM »

It's Stan.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 04:54:10 PM »

Dice:

My avatar was originally that creepy-ass chair from Star Ocean 4. The one with the face that looks like it's about to rape the cute little android girl sitting on it. I made it my avatar because that chair was awesome.

then in another thread I'm just like shit let's all make our avatars be Macha, and decided to shop Macha's face onto the chair because Macha is awesome.

I like how you put my name there. Thank you Mesh, I knew it was SO4, I just couldn't peg where... and why.

I like the attemped Macha face that's sort of digitalized in there...

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: