Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 08:34:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327577 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Magna Carta advice?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Magna Carta advice?  (Read 672 times)
ZeronHitaro

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2010, 10:05:22 AM »

Just found a copy of Magna Carta the other day and decided to give it a whirl. I'm still in the first area and the last of an instruction manual is bugging me (but I'm still getting the hang of the core systems). I've already got some questions though and am looking for advice.

-I assumed battle in this game is full manual? Meaning the other members won't do anything unless I'm controlling them directly.
-How often should I use other party members? Is equal style leveling important or can I hard nose my way with the main character most of the time?

Any other advice would totally be appreciated. XD
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »

I haven't played the PS2 game for years, but know that you can screw yourself in some of these battles.  If you use too much of one type of energy it can either take a very, very long time to replenish or it won't even replenish at all. I remember going into a boss battle with a party not suited for my current terrain and ended up not being able to take actions more than once every few minutes.

MC2 is much better in this regard.

So just be careful.

You'll want to use your other characters as well.  You'll see why.  I made the mistake of only using Calintz too and it was a bad idea.
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 10:16:14 PM »

Oh god why would you do this to yourself.

Don't. You'll hate yourself.

But if you decide to see it through...

Use calintz. Only. No one else is worth it, aside from occasional healing.

Be forewarned: this is the most tedious, repetitive, downright FRUSTRATING RPG EVER MADE.

The only good points are the graphics and music. The story is decent. The rest is horrible.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2010, 10:52:32 PM »

I'll agree with that.  I'm a very tolerant gamer and I found after a point I just couldn't continue. I put it down saying "I'll continue later" and just never got around to it.  I ended up watching the movies online.  The story is very interesting.   I was just trying to let the OP form his own opinion.

I loved Magna Carta 2, though it shares some of the problems of the original.  I'm not quite sure why, the story just resonated with me.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 02:40:27 AM »

MC was the only game I gave up on because it was too frustrating.

I totally agree with the previous comments on the battle system. Also, if you and one of the enemies use the same Chi, and you are both waiting for it to replenish, the enemy always get to use it. Didn't seem to matter if I was mashing away, trying to get it first. Which means battles will drag...forever. It wasn't just the learning curve; I found that VP2 had a steep learning curve, but I found that battle system to be a blast.

I did like to story (got 30 hours into it), but when I found that I was avoiding battles because I hated them...I realized that I was no longer having fun.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: