Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:07:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334512 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Devil Survivor Overclock announced for 3DS (Remake of DS with added stuff)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Devil Survivor Overclock announced for 3DS (Remake of DS with added stuff)  (Read 3117 times)
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2011, 11:26:26 AM »

I wish they hired a better artist...
It seems like you're just finding little details to nit pick at, though.

I'm not nit-picking, I just generally don't like the artist's work in most of their entirety. :P

And yeah, thus far, 3DS version isn't worth it unless they add...like...a lot more than anything we've seen.  The high-res is nice, but that's about it. =\
...Hell, the 3DS isn't worth it if it's going for $300 buckeroos. x(

That's fine then. The character designs aren't up to par with other games in the series, but I think they were trying to appeal to younger teens with this, or at least trying to make the characters look like teenagers from Tokyo or something.

Yeah, I'm conflicted here. When I saw the article I got excited until I realized that it's the same game with some extras. I love Devil Survivor, but I don't know about this. I'll probably buy it because I love SMT :/ Damn you!

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/01/05/more-details-and-first-screens-of-devil-survivor-overclock/

Some more details and screens. They are adding choice between difficulty levels now. That's cool, since I never found it that difficult in the first place.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 03:35:56 PM by Fadedsun » Logged

"Oh, a hunter..."
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2011, 04:37:22 PM »

Partly, this makes me glad that I've held off on getting Devil Survivor up til now (and why I didn't think of getting it earlier today is still beyond me but whatever). Partly, this feels like a FES update at best (which doesn't matter since I don't have the original version to begin with). And partly, due to the way that Nintendo handhelds work, it may be awhile before I pick this up by virtue of holding out for the 3DSLite or whatever it'll be called.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2011, 06:15:20 PM »

From my perspective the COMPs looking like DSs were on purpose so you would feel like you had one COMP. I loved that idea.

I really enjoyed the art in this game but as mentioned it is subjective.
While I loved this game, it doesn't seem to have enough content or graphics upgrade to justify another purchase.
Next thing left for Atlus to do is announce Persona 4 remake for the PSP2.

Hell, if they want to keep remaking games they could at least do the ones that are a little older and could improve from having a "portable" experience. Say, a huge game like Nocturne on a go or even Digital Devil Saga 1 & 2 together would be good.
As much as I loved Devil Survivor they could at least wait more so we could feel a little nostalgic about it.

ALUCARDfromHELLSING

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2011, 06:44:34 PM »

If it is localized I think I'll buy it 'cause I haven't bough DS version yet.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2011, 08:10:39 PM »

I haven't played the DS version yet either, so I am pretty happy about this.

I'm confused though... if the menus are on the top screen, but the bottom screen is the touch screen... it all just seems wrong.  Shouldn't the game be in 3D on the top screen, with the menus in 2D on the bottom so we can touch our choices?  haha

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2011, 08:29:50 PM »

From my perspective the COMPs looking like DSs were on purpose so you would feel like you had one COMP. I loved that idea.

Actually, this was a really common theme in early DS games.  There were several games that came out in the early days of the DS where characters in the game would have items or equipment that looked like a DS, most notably Trace Memory.  This is relevant because Devil Survivor was in development for a really long time, hence why it also was still using the out-moded idea of its name being abbreviated to DS.
TiamatNM

tiagol@live.com CursedTiamat
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 12:06:44 AM »

I like the character art (just sayin).  I actually just got the game about a week and a half ago for DS.  This remake looks extremely lackluster though.  Sounds like you'd have to get to the 8th day for much of a difference to occur.  Those screen comparisons basically tell me "the character portraits are higher res now" and nothing else.  It looks the same, though I suppose it will look "3D" when you play it in person.  Don't really care about characters being voiced now either, most of my favorite rpgs have barely any voice acting if any.  Doesn't seem like this would be worth it unless you haven't played the DS one yet.  

I haven't played the DS version yet either, so I am pretty happy about this.

I'm confused though... if the menus are on the top screen, but the bottom screen is the touch screen... it all just seems wrong.  Shouldn't the game be in 3D on the top screen, with the menus in 2D on the bottom so we can touch our choices?  haha

well the DS one doesn't use the stylus at all to my knowledge...so unless stylus functions are new for overclock...
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 12:13:13 AM by TiamatNM » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: