Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 25, 2014, 07:27:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327399 Posts in 13404 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Site Related & More
| |-+  RPGFan: The Site
| | |-+  RPGs? Dynasty Warriors/Monster Hunter
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RPGs? Dynasty Warriors/Monster Hunter  (Read 4855 times)
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 01, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »

How about a Samurai Warriors: Chronicles review?  I think it may be more of an RPG than other Warriors games, so maybe give it a quick assessment?

If it still isn't considered an RPG, that's fine, I'm not here to argue that.  It just seems to have more RPG stuff like character creation and friendship levels, dialogue choices, quests... if I'm wrong I'm wrong, just hoping it doesn't get overlooked for being a Warriors game.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 10:59:45 AM »

While I don't think we'll be reviewing Dynasty Warriors or Monster Hunter, we will be reviewing Omega Force's Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll, which is not so dissimilar from Dynasty Warriors.  I'll take a look at that 3DS one, though.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »

maybe you should bring back reader reviews?

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 02:47:28 PM »

I never really trusted the reader reviews...it seemed like they reviewed a certain game because they had a strong enough emotion towards it to make them do it, either they really loved it, or they really hated it. Compared to the staff reviews where they review the game as unbiased as they can because that's part of the job description.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:06 PM »

maybe you should bring back reader reviews?

The issue here is not because of lack of manpower - Monster Hunter lacks the RPG elements necessary for coverage (Which clones like Lord of Arcana do have), and Dynasty Warriors isn't marketed as an RPG at all - I'll have to take a look at the 3DS one to see if we plan to cover it.

Sometimes games fall out of coverage, too.  We were initially planning on reviewing Ghost Recon 3DS, but after having some gameplay with it, we decided it's closer to Advance Wars than Fire Emblem.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Demon_Princess_Kay
Banninated

AnarchKay
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2011, 10:04:54 PM »

I never really trusted the reader reviews...it seemed like they reviewed a certain game because they had a strong enough emotion towards it to make them do it, either they really loved it, or they really hated it. Compared to the staff reviews where they review the game as unbiased as they can because that's part of the job description.

I agree with this. As in my blog on 1up I only review games that I care enough about to actually type out my opinions.

Qu
Mister E

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 01:54:01 AM »

But with current trends in gaming I can see Dynasty warriors will eventually become a true Action/rpg in the future.  No only that but you will see many more games come out that will be rpg hybrids. At this point its just a matter of time. As for reader reviews there good reading if your into fiction but in the end only you can truly judge a game by playing it.

Chaos would suit me just fine.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 10:24:37 PM »

Hire me, I'll do the review.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: