Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 12:38:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338442 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Import Friendly Japanese Games
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Import Friendly Japanese Games  (Read 7538 times)
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2011, 11:31:08 PM »

That's actually what I said.

"Playing them with a guide would help, but it's not really an ideal experience if you have to sit with the guide the entire time you play."

But let's face it, unless you're a hardcore Tales fan, sitting through 50 hours of text you can't understand (with or without a guide) is really not that much fun. Plus (Vesperia aside because of it's 360 release), most walkthroughs don't translate things for you, they just guide you through, so you're missing a ton of stuff.

Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2012, 09:21:17 PM »

Quote from: kratoscar2008;300178

I revived this topic in case people wnat to know some easy to play SRPGs and RPGs.

These games are rather straightforward i dont know Japanese at all and i have been able to complete them witouth a guide (If you get stuck just visit gamefaqs boards those help)

I enjoy them even if i dont know what the deal is about, but as far as i have seen the plot arent that great but the games are pretty accessible.

The True Growlanser
cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »

Half Minute Hero 2 (PSP) is very import friendly if you played the original.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2012, 02:09:20 AM »

Man, Criminal Girls sucked when it first came out nevermind now. Not even worth the cost to import and ship in a bundle let alone on its own.

Nuga Cell, ehh. I could take it or leave it either way. Still too expensive to import on its own at least. But at least I'll probably have better luck getting it through customs than Criminal Girls.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 02:36:04 AM »

Criminal Girls

Yeah no.

:T nope
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:58 AM »

If you are fluent i JP then both Criminal Girls and Nugga Cell are bad but for a non-JP reader both games are the import heaven of anyone, easy to grasp and complete, got almost everything in both games and the only JP i know is heard from animes and most games (Like Master and Sensei).

I love chibi characters and Alice... :)

The True Growlanser
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2012, 02:59:50 PM »

Yeah....

No. Not even.

Even when the character designs stop both sucking and blowing chunks outright they're still pretty damn god awful.

There is literally no redeeming value for this game whatsoever. And remember what I said about having to actually import the game and the cost associated with that? You couldn't give me this game for free even if you covered every cost because it would still cost me time and effort to pitch it out the window ASAP let alone actually having to pay hard earned money on both the game and the shipping costs.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2012, 03:53:09 PM »

Yeah....

No. Not even.

Even when the character designs stop both sucking and blowing chunks outright they're still pretty damn god awful.

There is literally no redeeming value for this game whatsoever. And remember what I said about having to actually import the game and the cost associated with that? You couldn't give me this game for free even if you covered every cost because it would still cost me time and effort to pitch it out the window ASAP let alone actually having to pay hard earned money on both the game and the shipping costs.

Question, have you played the game? Im will wait your answer in the meantime i say the character design is awesome for me and the gameplay is simple but fun, at its core this is a good Dungeon Crawler and the music is quite good.

The True Growlanser
Klyde Chroma
LVL 12. Obsessive Compulsive Fruity Assassin

If Hitler was an introvert, he'd be me.

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »

Ok... well I was just about to defend the currently under-fire aesthetic of Criminal Girls for not being THAT awful..... then I looked up some more images.... then I proceeded to read (in disbelief) about this title.... I am no longer going to defend anything about this game....

http://www.gamesradar.com/criminal-girls-new-screens-are-naughty-rubbing-and-spanking-unveiled/
http://kotaku.com/5605158/in-this-game-you-spank-girls

I understand now, with crap like this is around, why decent titles like Agarest 2 get such bad publicity for a very tame mini-game and LE bonus material (which BTW was not racey or provocative in the least bit....)......

Even with my extremely high tolerance for some of the "discomforting" trends in today's JRPGs (I loved hyperdimension Neptunia MK2, still playing it in fact), I would really question what the freakin' appeal of this is to someone.... particularly someone going through all the trouble to play untranslated in a language with which they are unfamiliar... then again there has been an audience for hentai for ages which is something else I never understood... to each their own I suppose....

Klyde Chroma / XBox Live Network
Triscal-Goddess / PSN
 Remember, DON'T do drugs... an owl will tear your face off.

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »

I'm less offended by the premise and mini-game in Criminal Girls, so much as I'm offended by the idea that a decent publisher like Nippon Ichi has to stoop so low as to put out a game that sounds like it belongs in the back of a comic shop in Akihabara. (even if it doesn't actually go that far).

OT: Erm, I guess I'll mention both PSP Super Robot Wars games are pretty easy to play if you've played a Super Robot Wars game before.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »

I think I commented on this thread before that the idea of playing an RPG you can't understand is pretty silly.  Most import-friendly games aren't story-centric for a reason.  But if you really want to, I would recommend Valkyria Chronicles 3.  If you're played the second one you should have no difficulty finding your way through the third, and it's an excellent game.

Kratoscar2008
Wayfarer of forums

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2012, 02:12:25 AM »

I think I commented on this thread before that the idea of playing an RPG you can't understand is pretty silly.  Most import-friendly games aren't story-centric for a reason.  But if you really want to, I would recommend Valkyria Chronicles 3.  If you're played the second one you should have no difficulty finding your way through the third, and it's an excellent game.

I wasnt like this until i became a Growlanser fan adn given that we wont be getting Growlanser 1 and 6 i think i didnt waste my time playing those. That being said as long as you can understand the gameplay there is no Big Deal when playing RPGs and since sometimes you are a fan of a series but most of them dont leave Japan so there is no other option.

I was reluctant when i got Criminal Girls but turned out to be an accesible and great game. Love the OST the most

The True Growlanser
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: