Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 09:20:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334415 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Video game dream haps
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Video game dream haps  (Read 4585 times)
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »

I had a few lately:

About a month ago I had an awesome Mass Effect dream. I was both playing and living ME3. I had just landed on an awesome space station and I was trying to score with some Asari babes. Well then some space toughs attacked and the Asari split. I then killed the toughs. At various points in the dream I was riding space escalators inside the space station that took me to various levels. It was basically like the elevator from ME1. But I remember panning the camera around, being in awe about the graphics, especially how REAL the reflections looked on the space escalator hand rail.

The other night I had a game boy dream. I had various models of the gameboy and they all sort of plugged into each other in the cartridge slot.

Each one was smaller and smaller and fit in the other.
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 02:48:59 PM »

Analysis:
Seeing how those gameboys replicate the babushka dolls (russian dolls) which mean grandmother dolls and how in your other dream you show signs of unknown feelings and uncertainty from the aliens, space and conflict mixed with a strong desire for conquest of said aliens; I believe you have a freudian desire for your grandmother expressed here in the form of gameboys.
That or I'm bullshitting you... 50%.
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »

I had a dream that I was the Eclipse Merc that Shepard knocked through the window of that huge building where you get Thane. It wasn't a nightmare because it is a honor to be killed by Commander Shepard.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 04:11:20 PM »

Dreamt I attacked some part of 1940s Vancouver (not far from a train station. Fact: We didn't get urban trains until 1986) that was under martial law. Not sure who I was after. The soldiers? And then later I was sniping someone from an outdoor staircase. Again no idea who.

Fucking CoD.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 04:13:12 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2011, 04:35:13 PM »

I had a dream (about a dating sim) that Dice agreed to go out with Thoren and he was expecting to get rejected, so he got really angry and so she rejected him again because he was being an ass.
It seemed so tragic. :(

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 05:37:15 PM »

Back when I used to play Phantasy Star Online on Dreamcast, I had a dream that I was playing and the words "MOME is joining the game, please wait" appeared and then MOME PK'd all of us. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2011, 06:01:13 PM »

A couple days ago I dreamt I was playing Devil Summoner 2, except it was more like Digital Devil Saga in that you had 3 humans with special powers, and each of them could summon one demon, but they summoned demons that probably aren't in the game and went to weird locations like inside a military facility.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 03:11:18 AM »

I have had weird crossover dreams, like Xenosaga meets H2G2. Arthur and Allen got along really well, but chaos fled and locked himself in the bathroom when someone asked him to make tuna sandwiches for everyone.

Other dreams are really weird. I had one about the Lego levels in Mario land 2. Except it wasn't really a level but more like a dystopian society ruled by the pigs. The pigs ate people.

There was also the Atelier ??? dream. I loved that one, because it was so cohesive and vivid. Just walking through town and looking at the shop windows was so much fun. The alchemic items looked really pretty.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »

When I used to play Homeworld nonstop I had some awesome dreams about commanding fleets. That ruled.
Archendrus

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 03:33:19 AM »

Wow lot's of people have video game related dreams!  I'm kinda jealous.  The closest thing to a video game dream I've had is:  Back when I used to play a ton of MMO's, I frequently had dreams that had chat boxes in the lower left corner in the place of people actually talking.
Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 10:48:48 AM »

Had another one. A bunch of friends and I were playing mario 3 and trading off lives. Well my one friend took too many turns. Also all the power ups were wrong. The squirrel suit was all blue and shit.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »

I had a dream that I was playing Catherine and my parents walked in.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2011, 10:48:53 PM »

I had a dream that I was playing Catherine and my parents walked in.

a prophetic dream for far too many of us, I'm sure.

Yoda
Son of Dad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2011, 01:54:12 PM »

Not a game dream but related...

I dreamt that the clown from It was cutting up my body in my sleep
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri