Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:41:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327879 Posts in 13423 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Darkspore
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Darkspore  (Read 1648 times)
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:44:52 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1037.html

So, I didn't know much about Darkspore before last week, when I was talking to our friends at EA about this.  I'm honestly intrigued and I'd like to see where this goes.  Game should be out in the spring for PC.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Danku

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 10:14:25 AM »

http://www.rpgfan.com/news/2011/1037.html

So, I didn't know much about Darkspore before last week, when I was talking to our friends at EA about this.  I'm honestly intrigued and I'd like to see where this goes.  Game should be out in the spring for PC.
I'm with you. From what I've seen, it looks interesting. It's the basic Hack/slash/loot formula, but you play as customizable monsters? I already enjoy these kinds of games and being able to play as monsters with interesting powers is pretty neat. I also give it points for finding a way to keep the combat fresh with the squad mechanic. Hopefully it goes in a good direction from here on out.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 06:38:39 PM »

This looks like a good time. Unfortunately, it's the kind of good time my PC isn't made for (anything with half-decent graphics released since 2007 I can't pull off very well...)

Maybe a console port will come, though I suspect it would require SIGNIFICANT interface simplification.

K73SK

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2011, 12:55:56 AM »

I got an invitation to the Beta (3 times actually) but could never make it. They only had the beta on the weekend of Friday and Saturday. Unfortunately, I have to work 12 hours on both of those days and have little to no time for games, especially when they're 4gb+ of a download before giving them a try...

Like Legaia? Check out my fan-site: http://www.legendoflegaia.net
Solstafir

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 08:22:48 PM »

There's currently an open beta on steam (anyone can play - just need a steam account) running until noon PST this Friday.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2011, 01:56:22 PM »

What I played of the beta was okay, my power supply is not rated high enough for my graphics card so every game I play needs a particular configuration of the graphics options to not take my computer into a deathspin. I didn't feel like doing that so I got about 20 minutes in to say that it wasn't too bad and since it's on Steam I'm sure I'll buy it this year during some crazy sale.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: