Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 12:13:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335235 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Squeenix registers FF XIII-2 domain name
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Squeenix registers FF XIII-2 domain name  (Read 5486 times)
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2011, 02:38:28 PM »

btw Japanese X360 ver of FFXIII somes with extra chapter? Like FFX-2 had Last Mission?

Well kinda... XIII has two novels, Episode Zero -Promise- and Episode i. Both are canonical with the story of the main game and also there's some Drama CDs with extras chapters if I remember correctly. The last novel though finish with "more adventures, buy XIII-2" as publicity (well not literally, but you get the idea).

And after Square Enix fall on its own face with XIV, don't you think that they need to recover all that money with XIII-2? Not to mention that they said that they cut a lot content from the game that they can make another game with that, and they also cancel DLC for "technical reasons".

If all these doesn't mean that a sequel is being made, then I will have to wait for the 18th of January and see what Square Enix has to show us.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 02:41:43 PM »

btw Japanese X360 ver of FFXIII somes with extra chapter? Like FFX-2 had Last Mission?

Well kinda... XIII has two novels, Episode Zero -Promise- and Episode i. Both are canonical with the story of the main game and also there's some Drama CDs with extras chapters if I remember correctly. The last novel though finish with "more adventures, buy XIII-2" as publicity (well not literally, but you get the idea).

And after Square Enix fall on its own face with XIV, don't you think that they need to recover all that money with XIII-2? Not to mention that they said that they cut a lot content from the game that they can make another game with that, and they also cancel DLC for "technical reasons".

If all these doesn't mean that a sequel is being made, then I will have to wait for the 18th of January and see what Square Enix has to show us.

I'll be sad if the game is
a) a prequel (let's fight the same enemy!)
b) an "in-between the story" story.

I am curious though - I think we all are, no?

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2011, 05:44:00 PM »

It's definitely a sequel, though a chapter where you play as Fang and Vanille in Oerba before it is destroyed would be a nice adition, they could show us Pulse before the events of the main game and then jump in time and continue the story after the main game, it could be a prequel and a sequel! Man, I'm a genius.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »

It's definitely a sequel, though a chapter where you play as Fang and Vanille in Oerba before it is destroyed would be a nice adition, they could show us Pulse before the events of the main game and then jump in time and continue the story after the main game, it could be a prequel and a sequel! Man, I'm a genius.

Sounds like a good idea. Now take the exact opposite and apply it in FFXIII-2, and you've got SE's plan for the game.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2011, 07:55:05 PM »

Yeah, logic must not be a part of SE's business goals. If it comes to fruition, it'll probably be shit.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2011, 08:25:46 PM »

Yeah, logic must not be a part of SE's business goals. If it comes to fruition, it'll probably be shit.

I like the way you think.
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2011, 01:26:45 AM »

Hopefully it will be a TPS.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2011, 01:41:11 AM »

But Square Enix can't make good action games for shit

Heres what they should do

Make the game world, setting, story, etc

then let Platinum Games or someone worth a damn make the combat

man
Alan_01987

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2011, 03:14:25 AM »

But Square Enix can't make good action games for shit

Heres what they should do

Make the game world, setting, story, etc

then let Platinum Games or someone worth a damn make the combat

man
World building is the weakest part of any Square game since PS1 if you count FF9 and habit of blocking roads yet i still do not see any sort of advancement in the near future, the worlds get smaller and smaller so why not make FFXIII-2 a TPS?

Farron

View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2011, 06:08:14 AM »

While most of the cast would appear in the sequel, if it were a prequel I think you have a nice point.
As the game ends, it appears people will move to Pulse but there's nothing there so how can we have towns and such ? (Unless their technology is that great, who knows)
But if it is indeed a prequel all those junk areas of Pulse could be populated or even Cocoon if they desire to go there. Even so I'd prefer a sequel.
I'd rather they focus on a single world and do it well then do two and half ass each.

Considering I loved XIII I have no problem with them building around it and I did like X-2 as well (mostly for the battle system and experience).
I just wish they would enhance the Lvl up system and give us more freedom like X, at least in ten when we were about half way through we could pick our own path or even make Tidus a Black Mage if we wanted. As for the battle system, I loved the fast paced design but I'm sure a lot of people were displeased with "Auto-Battle" (they should've used a different term) and give us the option to control all characters. If in FFIV we have to control 5 at a time I think we can handle 3.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2011, 07:54:14 AM »

The sequel could take place a year after the game's ending to give them time to build a city on Pulse. It wouldn't make sense to just rush into another adventure as soon as they landed on Pulse anyway, you'd expect that the priority would be to create a place for them to live. The game could start in the new city and then take them to other areas of Pulse that we haven't seen yet.
I can already see this nice town being build around the crystal pillar, just begging to be explored. The Last Remnant had some really nice towns. Maybe now that a lot of the work is done they'll be able to focus on rendering a fully functional town that you can explore, including the interiors of lots of buildings.
Maybe they can use some of the assests created for Versus.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 11:07:46 AM »

...OR.  It's a 3DS title called FFXIII: Revenant Pulse and you summon monsters into battle as little sprites.

Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2011, 07:07:11 PM »

I was one of the few who enjoyed Revenant Wings.

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2011, 10:59:54 PM »

I was one of the few who enjoyed Revenant Wings.

I liked it too.  The pressure began to build like a mother fucker and I dropped it after having waaay too much trouble with one map.  But I did think it was good.

...a curious departure from FF12 though...

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2011, 01:20:41 PM »

I'll be sad if the game is
a) a prequel (let's fight the same enemy!)
b) an "in-between the story" story.

I am curious though - I think we all are, no?

I know I am, especially since I at least liked the story in FF13. I also agree that they shouldn't do a prequel or an in-between, as you said.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: