Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 09:57:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327920 Posts in 13426 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FNC/Production 1 Conference Recap (FFXIII-2, Agito XIII->Type-0)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print
Author Topic: FNC/Production 1 Conference Recap (FFXIII-2, Agito XIII->Type-0)  (Read 13280 times)
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2011, 07:42:50 PM »

This seems to be a really ambitious project, this is either going to be really amazing or a trainwreck of biblical proportions

Between FF13 and FF14, been there; done that.  Maybe the third time will be the charm?

(at least FF14 can be updated.  Seems to be on the right track from what I hear)

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: February 01, 2011, 05:00:49 PM »

I sincerely hope/think Squeenix learns from it's mistakes.  FF8 was case in point when followed with 9.

That's not possible, since FF8 and FF9 were developed similtaneously by different teams. FF9 was mostly finished by the time FF8 was released, not enough time to make any major changes beyond things like interface tweaks. And from the interviews I've read, the company still regards FF8 very highly, so they didn't really have any reason to "learn anything". It also sold very well.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 05:02:36 PM by Prime Mover » Logged

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: February 01, 2011, 05:12:28 PM »

I sincerely hope/think Squeenix learns from it's mistakes.  FF8 was case in point when followed with 9.

That's not possible, since FF8 and FF9 were developed similtaneously by different teams. FF9 was mostly finished by the time FF8 was released, not enough time to make any major changes beyond things like interface tweaks. And from the interviews I've read, the company still regards FF8 very highly, so they didn't really have any reason to "learn anything". It also sold very well.

This man speaks the truth..

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: February 01, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »

This man speaks the truth..

Sweet Jesus... I don't really follow development teams. =P

Anyways.  If this is like KH: BBS; I'll be happy.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: February 01, 2011, 10:02:43 PM »

In this case it is kinda important. FF8 and FF9 were the most closely released FFs in the series. So much so that I suspect they came up with the concepts around the same time and decided to go at each project as differently as they could, on purpose. There were probably some minor graphical things they learned during FF8 that they could streamline for 9. 9 had more polys on screen, for instance. But it's fairly obvious that they were build on the same basic engine. FF8 team went on to develop FFX, while the FF9 team was largely made up of the folks who had done FF6, and later went on to do FFXII. FF7 was an amalgomation of the two which then split and regrouped. I'm not sure all my faces are straight about 6 and 7 though.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 01, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »

In this case it is kinda important. FF8 and FF9 were the most closely released FFs in the series.

It's pedantic and mostly beside the point, but look at the release dates on Wikipedia: the Japanese release dates for the first four, maybe five, were roughly as close or closer, and in both America and Japan FFIX and X were released closer to each other than VIII and IX. Of course that kind of reinforces your point of it being two different teams; the FFVIII team went on to develop X as IX was being made.

(Also either FFX/XI and XIII/XIV were the closest released, but being MMOs following single player RPGs that's definitely another ballpark entirely.)
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: February 02, 2011, 07:04:54 AM »

Jesus... I don't really follow development teams. =P

Anyways.  If this is like KH: BBS; I'll be happy.
You should. :p

For instance, the team that is making Versus made both numbered KH games but not BbS since that was made by a team at Square-Enix Osaka.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: May 21, 2011, 02:35:56 PM »

20 minutes of gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkC1lPinIus

OK, not only is it absolutely unreal on a technical level but it seems to have everything a FF fan could possibly ask for.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: May 21, 2011, 02:41:26 PM »

S-E has been full of disappointmens lately and I keep telling myself not to get my hopes up, but damn Type-0 looks sweet...

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: May 21, 2011, 02:53:46 PM »

They really seem to have something special here.

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: May 21, 2011, 03:34:43 PM »

If Type-0 ends up being the best game out of all of the other titles in the Fabula Nova thingy, then the irony will make me laugh for years to come.

Edit: Wow! Wait a goddamn minute there... at 19:26 I see After Burner in my Final Fantasy!? Did I really saw that? That's too good to be true.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 03:59:16 PM by Yggdrasil » Logged
hell_snake

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: May 21, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »

That was the exact opposite of FFXIII... I love it! And that air ship segment at the end of the vid was great.

Random encounters though... bummer.

"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"
Maxximum
Not quite over gaming

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: May 21, 2011, 04:58:21 PM »

Not impressed, yet another action game with AI controlled partners. I guess it's time to abandon any hope of a turn based FF and finally accept the fact that we've entered the age of the "awesome" button.

NOW PLAYING:
Hearthstone: I don't like card games, and yet I enjoy this.
Chaos on Deponia: Beat the first one, went straight for the second one, that says a lot.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Seems ok, has mouse issues.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: May 22, 2011, 06:30:56 AM »

it looks like pso/monster hunters/god eater burst. shame you cant make your own char though

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Bytor
Ego Enhancement Consultant

Hiding in Inaba

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: May 23, 2011, 10:24:11 PM »

Not impressed, yet another action game with AI controlled partners. I guess it's time to abandon any hope of a turn based FF and finally accept the fact that we've entered the age of the "awesome" button.

Well, we can always hope, after all FFX wasn't that long ago...maybe down the road just for shits and giggles they'll make one a turn based game, maybe FFXVII, lol. Although I do like the fighting in XIII to be honest I also wouldn't mind a really well made "old school" game.

Everything's Eventual
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: