Author Topic: FNC/Production 1 Conference Recap (FFXIII-2, Agito XIII->Type-0)  (Read 25242 times)

ULTROS!

• People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    • View Profile
Breaking News: FFXIII-2

Platform: PS3/360
Director: Toriyama and the FFXIII team
Release Date: 2011

- KH3D is now called Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
- Duodecim Prologus is a payed demo of Dissidia Duodecim. Available now for Y300
- Final Fantasy Agito XIII has been renamed to Final Fantasy Type-0
- Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming out in 2011, it will be on 2 UMDs. The director, Tabata, said that they changed the title because he felt that they were not making a game which had anything to do with FFXIII. Logo: http://i.imgur.com/Hjcx0.jpg
- FFXIII-2 will be released after Type-0
- Versus XIII still called Versus XIII, PS3 only
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:36:20 AM by Hoshino_Kid »
"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

• View Profile
Re: FFXIII-2 Confirmed (PS3/360)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 04:56:51 AM »
I have a hard time believing that it will make 2011, even in Japan.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

hell_snake

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 05:02:20 AM »
Logo doesn't look that good imo.

I hope the game fixes everything we hated in the first game.

Wait, Toriyama is director? Suddenly hope fades away...
"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"

ULTROS!

• People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 05:06:44 AM »
Recap so far:

Final Fantasy Agito XIII has been renamed to Final Fantasy Type-0
Final Fantasy Type-0 is coming out in 2011, it will be on 2 UMDs. The director, Tabata, said that they changed the title because he felt that they were not making a game which had anything to do with FFXIII.

Logo: http://i.imgur.com/Hjcx0.jpg

KH3D is now called Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
Duodecim Prologus is a payed demo of Dissidia Duodecim. Available now for Y300
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 05:09:17 AM by Hoshino_Kid »

Sagacious-T

• Official Pony Thread
    • View Profile
THERE IS NO GOD

hell_snake

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 05:11:20 AM »
Nice recap, Hashino.

Only thing I'll add is that the number "XIII" no longer exists on the Fabula Nova Crystallis logo. That explains why Agito XIII became Type-0.

And who knows, Versus XIII might become Final Fantasy XV.

That live stream about 2 hours from now is gonna be fun.
"An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer"

ULTROS!

• View Profile
Oh yeah, Agito/Type-0 is coming out on Summer 2011

CDFN

• View Profile
According to Duckroll from GAF: The director, Tabata, said that they changed the title because he felt that they were not making a game which had anything to do with FFXIII.
Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.

CDFN

• View Profile
I like the logo, Light is wearing armor, I wonder if the characters will be able to change costumes like in X-2. Is the other character someone we already know (Serah?) or completely new?

ULTROS!

• View Profile
Breaking news: Final Fantasy Versus XIII still called Final Fantasy Versus XIII, PS3 only.

CDFN

• View Profile
Looks like FF-Type will become a new sub-franchise. This was expected as they recently registered Type 0, 1 and 2.

CDFN

• View Profile
Hm, Versus still has the XIII in the title. Looks like it will remain a PS3 exclusive, I think that they would've announced the 360 version today, I don't think they'll make the same mistake of a last minute rushed port again so I guess we can forget about that one going multiplatfom.
I don't think they gave a release date but with XIII-2 comming this year I think it will be pushed to 2012. Infinite development cycles FTW!

ULTROS!

• View Profile
Breaking news: Versus XIII has no release date still

Will update the OP.

CDFN

• View Profile
According to andriasang:

The trailer appears to have a whole lot of gameplay footage, including combat scenes with swords and guns, a scene where you control a tank-like vehicle, a scene where you climb aboard a bipedal robot, a battle with a massive creature (this may be the combat scene from the TGS trailer), and a battle where Noctis wields his sword against a group of soldiers.

I need to see this.

Prime Mover

• All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio
    • View Profile
    • www.ericbarker.com
No... no one needs to see this. This is FFX-2 all over again. I'm not doing it. Not happening.