Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 11:30:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319214 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  FNC/Production 1 Conference Recap (FFXIII-2, Agito XIII->Type-0)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print
Author Topic: FNC/Production 1 Conference Recap (FFXIII-2, Agito XIII->Type-0)  (Read 12973 times)
Yoda
Sexton Hardcastle

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

a+dark+eclipse
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2011, 11:38:10 AM »

My god how many final fantasy titles are planned to be released?

This is ridiculous. XIII-2, Versus XIII, whatever FF-0 is.

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: January 18, 2011, 11:52:08 AM »

Versus looked damn fun.Airships,map,towns and a KH combat system is exactly what I wanted.Early 2012 Worldwide release is my guess

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2011, 12:03:20 PM »

Versus looked damn fun.Airships,map,towns and a KH combat system is exactly what I wanted.Early 2012 Worldwide release is my guess

I don't mind that much at all either - I thought KH: Birth By Sleep was one of the best titles I played.  Story aside, the battle was fun, quick, and even difficult at times.  The amount of attack types (attack, magic, shotlock, summon/d-link) made playing quite a fun exercise.  If Versus is a done-up version of it - I'll be plenty satisfied.

And if the story is gonna blow, at least give us good characters (I sincerely hope Noctis isn't going to be as bad a recluse/brat as he looks).

And the whole FF13-2.... I wonder how long ago this was planned.  I wonder if making it is to try redeeming the horrible backlash the title received in Japan (I heard it got hardcore discounts only just a few weeks in).
I'm kinda worried/intrigued at this (what looks like, I hate speculating so soon) jump from futuristic to... medieval? (or they're playing the "lost civilization" trope).
I digress.
Is it good or bad?  It's one thing to say the creators should just "move on" from FF13, but another thing all together if they're trying to "redeem" it, so to speak.

.... why the fuck can't Squeenix make their characters run cool!?

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »

No use speculating untill we know more. Even if most of the game's content is new, 2 years is a normal development cycle by normal standards, just not current japanese standards. Considering that the tech is already there and the fact that creating a sequel is always easier than starting something from scratch, it really shouldn't blow anyone's mind that they can make the game in 2 years, I guess we're just surprised because we're used to these ridiculous 6 year development cycles.
As for her outfit, I don't think it's outrageous considering what we're used to, at least she doesn't look like she's 12. The damn trailer doesn't give any clues as to where they're going with the story, but I'm willing to bet that out of the entirety of XIII's cast only Light will be playable. The novel seems to indicate that the others will go on with their lives and not be involved with this, Light will probably start alone and make new friends along the way.

As for Versus, I'm seeing a lot of good things in that trailer. Large open areas, the ability to ride mechs and vehicles, both close quarters sword based combat and the ability to shoot enemies from afar in what seems to be mostly real time combat, some cool looking setpieces like that battle on a platform that is flying through the city and a contemporary realistic setting which is a first for the franchise. Not to mention that the game looks really good.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
zendzian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 12:26:14 PM »

Why is Square doing this? Has anyone told them that they fail at direct sequels? Because if not, I will.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 12:35:21 PM »

Why is Square doing this? Has anyone told them that they fail at direct sequels? Because if not, I will.

Ridiculous story aside - I thought the battles were fun.  Kind of a high-paced FFV with mire freedoms.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 12:42:14 PM »

Not bad, not bad at all.

I'm pretty interested in Agito/Type-0, and after seeing that trailer I'm even more curious to see how the game ends up being at release.

Looks like FF-Type will become a new sub-franchise. This was expected as they recently registered Type 0, 1 and 2.

Wait... where did you read that? I've never heard of Type-1 and 2.

Also, nobody remembers that X-2 was made in like one year and a half? XIII-2 looks the same in this aspect, not to mention that a lot people actually wanted a sequel of XIII. Why? I'll never know. But oh well, I hope that the battle system and the music is good at least.

My god how many final fantasy titles are planned to be released?

This is ridiculous. XIII-2, Versus XIII, whatever FF-0 is.

Gaming has changed bro.
zendzian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »

Ridiculous story aside - I thought the battles were fun.  Kind of a high-paced FFV with mire freedoms.

That's fair, but I'm not just talking about X-2. I'm also talking about The After Years. No matter how good the original game was (and IV is my favorite in the series), S.E. somehow manages to do something to royally screw up the sequel. In X-2, it was focusing so much on the battle system that they dropped the ball in every other department, especially the storyline as you mentioned. In The After Years, they balanced things out a little more, until the last chapter where they threw in a horrendous difficulty spike and a Final Cave of Neverending Bosses From Almost Every Other Game In The Franchise. That totally ruined my enjoyment and was enough to actually make me walk away from it, which I never do. Maybe some day I'll go back and complete it, but for now.....no. Just, no.
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2011, 01:05:05 PM »

Final Fantasy XIII-2 looks promising by the trailer I guess.  Was that Masashi Hamauzu's composition near the end?  I hope so, I need more music from him and I don't know what all he has planned for 2011.

Final Fantasy Type-0 looks amazing!  Kinda wished they didn't change the name, now its not part of the XIII universe?

Versus XIII will be released in 2012 then?  This game is NEVER coming out,lol!

Currently playing: Dark Souls II (PS3)
Waiting on: Drakengard 3, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2011, 01:10:35 PM »

Final Fantasy Type-0 looks amazing!  Kinda wished they didn't change the name, now its not part of the XIII universe?

More or less... Yes.
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2011, 01:32:31 PM »

Those trailers for all three games looked fantastic! 

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2011, 01:44:39 PM »

The CGI beginning of Versus XIII's looks almost real, especially the toll gate part.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2011, 02:22:08 PM »

I know what I'm getting my brother for Christmas: FFXIII-2! Probably FF Type-0, too.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
Ivalice Alliance

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2011, 02:25:03 PM »

The CGI beginning of Versus XIII's looks almost real, especially the toll gate part.

I was starting to think the same thing,lol!  The reflection from the back of the vehicle looked absolutely real to me.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2011, 02:57:04 PM »

I was starting to think the same thing,lol!  The reflection from the back of the vehicle looked absolutely real to me.

Yeah, I was wondering if they were mixing real life footage with CGI. I really need to see this in HD.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: