Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 31, 2014, 08:23:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335250 Posts in 13726 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Nintendo 3DS Launching at $249.99 on March 27 in the US
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Print
Author Topic: Nintendo 3DS Launching at $249.99 on March 27 in the US  (Read 44427 times)
Ivalice Alliance
Valendia Knights of the Peace

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: October 06, 2011, 04:52:06 PM »

Wat. :|

This totally made my day :)

Currently Playing-The Last Story, The Evil Within, Fable Anniversary
Waiting On-Bloodborne, Final Fantasy Type-O, Final Fantasy XV, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Wonderflick, The Last Guardian, Shenmue III
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: November 07, 2011, 10:55:22 PM »

So, Super Mario 3D Land is coming out soon. Is anyone getting it? I have mine pre-ordered and I'm really looking forward to playing it. I've been watching videos and it looks awesome.

"Oh, a hunter..."
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #392 on: November 07, 2011, 11:06:28 PM »

Honestly, it hasn't excited me that much. I seem to be alone in this opinion, but I didn't like Galaxy much, mainly because of the linear level design (I grew up on Super Mario 64). I prefer larger, more open levels than smaller segments. As this is sort of a cross between a 2D and 3D Mario game, I don't think it's going to be to my taste. I'll keep an eye on reviews though.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: November 07, 2011, 11:17:18 PM »

Honestly, it hasn't excited me that much. I seem to be alone in this opinion, but I didn't like Galaxy much, mainly because of the linear level design (I grew up on Super Mario 64). I prefer larger, more open levels than smaller segments. As this is sort of a cross between a 2D and 3D Mario game, I don't think it's going to be to my taste. I'll keep an eye on reviews though.

I feel the *exact* same way.  I loved having the open levels of 64 and Sunshine, the linearity and occasional stupid occasion for Mario to throw himself into a black hole annoyed the hell outta me.

This looks like Galaxy with a few less stars floating around.  Not really interested. 

And if Mario Kart 7 includes a barrage of annoying items to keep you knocked out first place like the Wii one, then count me out of that one too. =/
Double Dash was the best of the lot, IMO.  Especially utilizing multiplayer controls the way it did

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: November 07, 2011, 11:27:10 PM »

Strange. Then did you two not like the original Mario games either? I like this hybrid of the two types of games. Mixes the old with the new. I've actually never played the Galaxy games, though. I had them because I got them for free from my old job, but I ended up trading them in to get other games.

Double Dash was my least favorite Mario Kart, actually. My favorite Mario Kart is probably the N64 version, followed by the Wii version.

"Oh, a hunter..."
FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #395 on: November 07, 2011, 11:55:03 PM »

And if Mario Kart 7 includes a barrage of annoying items to keep you knocked out first place like the Wii one, then count me out of that one too. =/

Tell me about it! Those blue shells frequently destroyed my dreams of wining just before the finish line. I'll probably get Mario Kart 7 though; MK is always good for some fun. In reality though, I'm holding out for Paper Mario. Love that series! ...Except for Super Paper Mario.

Strange. Then did you two not like the original Mario games either? I like this hybrid of the two types of games. Mixes the old with the new. I've actually never played the Galaxy games, though. I had them because I got them for free from my old job, but I ended up trading them in to get other games.

I'm not really a big fan of the older 2D Mario games. The only one I ever really liked was Mario Bros 3. I bought Galaxy 1 when it came out, beat it, and then got rid of it. I didn't even bother with Galaxy 2.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: November 08, 2011, 07:44:37 PM »

Double Dash was my least favorite Mario Kart, actually. My favorite Mario Kart is probably the N64 version.

Ditto.  N64 also had amazing multiplayer maps whereas double dash, i felt, were a step down.

Haven't played Mario Kart Wii so I can't comment on it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: November 08, 2011, 11:45:11 PM »

Europe gets a Zelda-themed limited edition Nintendo 3DS

What happen with Nintendo of Europe being so awesome lately?
Yoda
Son of Dad

Darkness is Void; Juffo-Wup is light

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: November 09, 2011, 01:07:31 AM »

And also, it seems like europe gets waaaay more special editions of things than NA, which makes little sense.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:04 AM »

...That LE would make me reconsider my 'meh, don't want a 3DS' stance if it came here.. or the 3DS wasn't region locked.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: November 09, 2011, 07:19:52 PM »

D:

I'd give up a nipple for it.

FlamingR1ft
RPGFan Editor

View Profile Email
« Reply #401 on: November 10, 2011, 04:57:33 AM »

Was reading some critic reviewers for Mario Land 3D today. Some of them seem to have just gone "OMG IT'S MARIO. 9/10" The lowest score I saw was 80 and, even then, it felt like the reviewer was putting a positive spin on stuff that would be thought of as negative for anything that isn't Mario.

What really bothers me is the 'easiness'. After five deaths you're invincible the whole level too. At ten, an item that automatically completes the level for you. A couple of reviews cited them as 'optional' because you don't have to pick them up which, technically, is accurate. But what happened to the challenge of persevering with stuff and finally beating it? Ten deaths is nothing.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 05:00:40 AM by FlamingR1ft » Logged

Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: November 10, 2011, 06:35:21 AM »

Ya know, I'm not sure I mind that. I loved Kurby's Epic Yarn, where you COULDN'T DIE. I actually liked that function with multiplayer. It's one thing to woodshed a difficult section 10x in a row when you're alone, but when you're playing with others, it's really awkward. My stance these days is "difficult but forgiving". Make something difficult, but don't set me back 10 minutes if I fail. Final Fantasy XIII, Xenoblade, Bioshock, the Metal Gear series... this was an aspect of those games that I really love. Sounds like Mario Land does something vaguely similar.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: November 14, 2011, 08:18:30 PM »

D:

I'd give up a nipple for it.

You were saying?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: November 14, 2011, 09:46:37 PM »

=X

I meant if it WASN'T coming here then I'd give it up to GET it.  So shmuh. x)

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: