Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 02:31:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334646 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  NISA and Blade Dancer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: NISA and Blade Dancer  (Read 1356 times)
Souplak

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 06, 2006, 03:18:44 PM »

Im thinking of buying this game but after reading this part of RPGfans review Im not so sure anymore.

"To complicate matters, while NIS has a history of doing an impeccable job of translations, especially when humorous, Blade Dancer is a disappointment. The dialogue is grammatically sound, but the vast majority of the jokes and comedic references are so out of place, and so obviously forced, that one wonders how much creative license was taken with the original content. The entire effect was more brutal than Working Designís mangling of Lunar II. It is entirely possible that the localization team didnít have much to work with in the first place, but this stinks worse than last weeks dirty diapers."

So has anyone played the game? I wonder how the translation compares to NISA other translations for example Atelier Iris 2 which I played not to long ago. I  found that there was some differences between the english text and japanese voices, but in AI2 it didnt bother me really, so is Blade Dancer translation worse?

It really bother me when companys take to much liberty when translating, it was the reason why I hated WD.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 03:35:49 PM »

NIS is probably best suited for comedic/light hearted games. But it sounds like Blade Dancer's story is complete trash, so I don't know how much I'd care anyway. I'm probably going to avoid the game anyway, pending magically finding a copy for $5 or something.
Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »

Valkyrie Profile > Blade Dancer.

The End.

By Dade.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Mana Knight

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 10:34:03 PM »

I'm actually very interested in Blade Dancer, but I'm a little short on $$, so I'll probably wait.  I can tell it may not have much story, but the battle system sure looks fun.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:47 PM »

All I have is the game's soundtrack. That part is good. As for the game itself, buy me a PSP and I'll tell you my thoughts (compared to Stephen's).

Ramza

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: