Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 30, 2014, 06:09:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329967 Posts in 13522 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Dead Rising
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dead Rising  (Read 1749 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2006, 11:12:25 PM »

1up's got an exclusive early review. I know not many of you guys have X360, but for those that do, or at least are looking into one... At the very least, the demo of this is awesome. It's the only game where I can throw Servbot helmets on zombies, take pictures of them and get /bonus points/ for the Servbot helmets, then beat them to death with an electric guitar.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 12:10:24 PM »

Yeah, this game is fun as hell.  I downloaded the demo over the weekend and have played through quite a few times already.  It may get repetitive but there's so much to do and so many ways to kill the bastards that it definitely warrants buying it.  I'll most likely pick it up this week.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 02:56:38 PM »

I'm assuming both of you found the katana? When I found that thing I was like "OMG awesome pwnage" and proceded to chop up zombies and bask in the awesome-ness of swords. I have to play through it a few more times to see whether it's worth my money, but I get the feeling that it is for the reasons you guys mentioned.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 07:59:20 PM »

Katana? Unfortunately, no. But I /did/ find baking ingredients and made a litterally killer smoothie that, after drinking, made my spit lethal to zombies.
Superflat
Podcast Mom

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 10:15:34 PM »

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/08/06/how-to-get-the-most-out-of-your-dead-rising-demo/

That's a handy little guide to getting the most out of the demo, from getting the secret weapons (Katana and SMG) to lot's of smoothie combinations. Can't wait to grab the SMG when I get home.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 02:36:46 PM »

Whew! I'm glad I reserved a copy, because the game is sold out at the rest of the places around here. Now the long wait till the end of work crawls on as Dead Rising gleams softly at the edge of my desk. Oh the agony.
Lilim

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 03:46:15 PM »

From my few hours of gameplay, I find that Dead Rising gives quite a bit of challenge more than I thought there would be. A combination of both intentional and not. For example, survivor AI is pretty craptastic and ranged weapon aiming leaves a lot to be desired but the numerous ways to take out zombies really is a lot of fun. The save system does add some fear of dying since saving points are few and it's easy to be overcome by the zombie horde or some other psychopath if you aren't prepared. There is certainly replay value since you only have 72 hours in story mode and it's almost impossible to save survivors and do the plot points on such limited time.

Having the servbot head on during cutscenes is priceless.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: