Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327664 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces ƒ confirmed for NA
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces ƒ confirmed for NA  (Read 43224 times)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 25, 2011, 03:16:56 AM »

http://ataleoftworichards.com/
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 03:01:56 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2011, 04:03:44 AM »

That would be awesome, if true.

...though honestly part of me was actually looking forward to tackling it in Japanese.  It's an enjoyable way to practice.

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2011, 08:29:28 AM »

I for once will support and buy this game...

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »

Personally, I'm actually kinda disappointed.  This has already been out a while - and I thought it'd be for Xillia, where by this point, I'd rather have.  Ah well, I'd probably get it nonetheless. 
I hope this doesn't forfeit the chances of getting Xillia now - especially since Banco never seems inpressed with Tales sales.  (lol, rhyme point!)

Inomata sucks though. >=(

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2011, 09:03:47 AM »

I heard this game was good... Not to mention it's the highest rating Tales game on Famitsu.

Plus Xillia hasn't even been released yet, what more of a localization announcement. ;P

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 09:13:14 AM »

I heard this game was good... Not to mention it's the highest rating Tales game on Famitsu.

Plus Xillia hasn't even been released yet, what more of a localization announcement. ;P

Haha I know - and believe me, I *will* be happy for this release. =) 
I guess I'm just a bit surprised the announcement came now and for this title of all of them [as opposed to later, for Xillia].

One thing that bothered me from what I saw at my bud's for Graces... it can be, almost quite literally, quite flowery.  Some parts are just odd too. The battle system looked easy too though. =( (yay for difficulty levels)
I look forward to hearing MALIK BEEEAAM in English though =P

ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 10:13:51 AM »

I tried out the demo and the battle system seemed a bit different in my opinion.

I'm used to the horizontal action-RPG battle system of Tales but in this one, you have to move to the direction towards the locked enemy. For example, the locked enemy is located on your upper right, you have to move your stick to the upper right.

Good thing thing this game allows free-roam though.

Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2011, 12:12:57 PM »

o_O

If this does come, it's a day 1 buy for me.
I had a lot of fun with Vesperia and this seems pretty similar.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 12:49:44 PM »

o_O

Why are people, boards-wide, doubting it?  This glyph-posting and URL seems like a pretty blatant hint. =o

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 01:00:51 PM »

o_O

Why are people, boards-wide, doubting it?  This glyph-posting and URL seems like a pretty blatant hint. =o

The track record has been pretty bad, but when you stop to think about it, it WOULD make sense that they'd actually localize this.

What games have they skipped? Generally the 2D and Handheld ones, and while I'd prefer those localized it doesn't change the fact that they release A version of each of the console 3D titles reliably. Now consider the following factors: Vesperia had a PS3 port with added features that set people off, yet was likely costly enough to pass on for releasing again when they likely already made the lion's share of sales on that, and Graces Wii not only hit when Namco was having some internal reshuffling, but the initial release was very buggy. I wouldn't be surprised that the PS3 version was planned by the time they stabilized or could get around to localizing a game, and at that point why even bother with the Wii version? If you bring out that version you'd piss off the people wanting the complete game, and anyways more of their fanbase MAY be on the PS3 at this point.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2011, 01:17:51 PM »

Honestly, having had the PS3 Vesperia, it wasn't worth it, the additions were mostly DLC and some skills (oh, and Patty, who's contribution was a few lines of dialogue that eventually resumed with the original script from the X360 version).  Your Graces argument makes sense, but that's more because of the "added chapter" spiel (which I hear is about 1/3 of the length NB said it was =P ).

Aesthetics wise, I'm still worried about how well this will sells Stateside (hence my earlier concern about "forfeiting" our chances of getting Xillia).  Inomata's flowery designs are...uh, exceptionally flamboyant to this years top selling video game: Black Ops, a much more balls-to-the-wall shoot-em-up.  I'm glad there's as large a niche-J market there is in North America - I just hope it's enough to keep the Tales series strong here. 
The final-final boss (of chapter f) flies around on a flower for god's sake; and I don't think it helps the main villain before her is named "Little Queen".

Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2011, 01:20:06 PM »

Why is it that every Japanese game I buy ends up being localized?

First Persona 3 portable, now possibly this.

Oh well, it might be nice to play both and compare the two. I'll totally buy it if it comes out.

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »

Honestly?

If Namco brings over a Tales, ANY Tales, and it does not sell, causing them to refuse to localize any more after that, then Tales fans (especially on Namco's FB page.... Ugh), better NOT complain. This is their chance to support the series they want here so bad.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Mickeymac92

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 04:35:26 PM »

I don't have a PS3, yet no matter what Tales of game it is, I'll buy it day one.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/mickeymac92

“MY NAME IS POKEY THE PENGUIN I LOVE CHESS!! IT IS LIKE BALLET ONLY WITH MORE EXPLOSIONS!”
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2011, 02:49:00 AM »

Speaking of Graces. This is probably the Team Destiny's 2nd game to ever be localized (does Tales of Eternia count? If so, then 3rd).

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: