Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 08:41:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329285 Posts in 13490 Topics by 2177 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Tales of Graces confirmed for NA
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 Print
Author Topic: Tales of Graces confirmed for NA  (Read 43824 times)
Annubis

Something something like a tiger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: December 09, 2011, 07:50:26 PM »

The real reason to get this game is because the main hero is the offspring of Disco STU and Suzaku.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 09, 2011, 08:15:27 PM »

The real reason to get this game is because the main hero is the offspring of Disco STU and Suzaku.

And it's fun while you beat shit up as Disco Suzaku.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: December 09, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »

And it's fun while you beat shit up as Disco Suzaku.

I wonder if he will point his finger while doing the Spinzaku kick.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: December 09, 2011, 08:26:10 PM »

I thought I was crazy for joking about the disco outfit... no one else laughed.... -_-

But shneriously.... all that white... in real life?  = douchebag

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: December 09, 2011, 08:54:06 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dP0XsM23j0

This shit makes me embarrassed to be an RPG fan

No this shit is embarassing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q8h81O6ZXg
At least that trailer has KIDS saying that...  The way FF13-2 preaches about life, death, and finding Lightning 80 times in one trailer has me sick to the pit.  I don't know... I kinda hate how FF13 disguises itself as an anime using real, but stupid, looking designs.  Tales is what it is, a cartoon-anime-game.

The more embarassing thing about that trailer is probably BoA's English lyrics (the girl is baa-aa-aa-ad at them; and she has a bad habit to reuse lines too).

WHEN REACHING INTO THE FUTURE.. WE SOMETIMES FALL INTO THE PAST

LMFAO

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 09, 2011, 09:00:44 PM »

LMFAO

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

Maybe it's referring to how sometimes reaching too far with technology only replicates mistakes of the past, or perhaps we can take inspiration from the past on what to do... but that has more to do with devices than JRPG plots.

I hope it has a Japanese option just so I don't have to hear the music in a language I can understand, not to mention numbing some of the pain from a irreparably dumb script.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: December 09, 2011, 09:02:52 PM »

LMFAO

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

Maybe it's referring to how sometimes reaching too far with technology only replicates mistakes of the past, or perhaps we can take inspiration from the past on what to do... but that has more to do with devices than JRPG plots.

I hope it has a Japanese option just so I don't have to hear the music in a language I can understand, not to mention numbing some of the pain from a irreparably dumb script.

Justify it how you like, it's out of context and pretentious sounding.

Yeah, sometimes it's good if it just stays in Japanese to be all haiku-sounding and ...elegant...or whatever...

Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: December 09, 2011, 11:37:45 PM »

I'm surprised they "themed" the first trailer.  I would have taken a more "racy" approach and had the first trailers called "DE AT  h A pProacHeS".

cj_iwakura
Wayfarer of the Time

Counting The Sheep

cjiwakurax
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: December 10, 2011, 12:07:45 AM »

Not to be a hater, but I'm way more interested in Xillia... but I guess you gotta buy the eggs to get the omelette. Or something. Everyone in the cast looks cooler than Graces' trope-a-thon.

蒼く咲く華 日は灯り 天に流れる | Kill The Past
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 10, 2011, 12:12:15 AM »

Not to be a hater, but I'm way more interested in Xillia... but I guess you gotta buy the eggs to get the omelette.

After some of the reception Xillia got and the fact a lot got left on the cutting board I'm not more interested in that. Certainly not without a Director's Cut coming along that comes closer to finishing the game.
Dice
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: December 10, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »

Not to be a hater, but I'm way more interested in Xillia... but I guess you gotta buy the eggs to get the omelette.

After some of the reception Xillia got and the fact a lot got left on the cutting board I'm not more interested in that. Certainly not without a Director's Cut coming along that comes closer to finishing the game.

A lot of compliments actually go by the way of Graces, especially in terms of battle system.  Xillia's is pretty fun and has you on your toes... but the game left a lot to be desired, especially as a Tales game.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 10, 2011, 12:31:29 AM »

Yeah, Graces is VERY highly praised for its combat system. And let's be realistic here, the battle system is typically where Tales shines best, for really good characters and story there's other games that better hit that spot.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: December 10, 2011, 08:04:21 AM »

LMFAO

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN

Justify it how you like, it's out of context and pretentious sounding.

Yeah, sometimes it's good if it just stays in Japanese to be all haiku-sounding and ...elegant...or whatever...

The only games that I can remember recently that did a good job with the subject of death were Demon's Souls, MGS4 and Red Dead Redemption. Also I haven't really played Nier but I suppose that game does a nice job with that too.
lavarock

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: December 10, 2011, 11:06:05 AM »

Not to be a hater, but I'm way more interested in Xillia... but I guess you gotta buy the eggs to get the omelette. Or something. Everyone in the cast looks cooler than Graces' trope-a-thon.

I thought the same.  Guess have to buy this just to support xillia
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: December 10, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

I'm glad it's coming to the US. Still playing Graces F (took a break from video games in general), but now when I go to GameFAQs there will be less people whining. Or they'll be whining about how it took 15 months to get from Japan to the US. Who knows.

@Dice "The more embarassing thing about that trailer is probably BoA's English lyrics (the girl is baa-aa-aa-ad at them; and she has a bad habit to reuse lines too)."

To my knowledge, BoA has only written the lyrics to one of her Japanese songs, so you can't blame her for the Japanese lyricists reusing lines.

And it's not like she's going to be fluent in English since it's her third language, but I'd have to agree that she shouldn't sing in English.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 01:04:51 PM by dalucifer0 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: